or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 10

post #136 of 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
I have seen RRL suit made by Caruso, but not sure if it's all made by Caruso. Quality is not up to Caruso made for RLBL for sure though.

Any ideas on who makes their Made in USA jackets?
post #137 of 424
Any information about the "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren line? (as you can imagine, it's a bit hard to search for) IIRC it's carried by Dillards stores. Is it a Jones NY spin off of "Lauren"?
post #138 of 424
Ralph Ralph Lauren is women's wear as far as I know. Lauren Ralph Lauren is the men's wear equivalent.

Although things many have changed.
post #139 of 424
There was a short lived silver "RALPH" on dark blue label men's line. Still available? 'bout the same as Lauren. I think it was/is? also by Peerless of Canada. Diffusion confusion ad infinitum.
post #140 of 424
found out more, Ralph Ralph Lauren, is suits and such exclusively for Dillards, still around.
post #141 of 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
Does anybody know, who makes the RL Polo Golf stuff, that seems to turn up quite often recently?

I just got a tweed jacket and it says Made in Italy, but it lacks the inside tag.

Any info would be appreciated.


Anyone?
Could it be Corneliani? But why wouldn't there be an inside tag?
Also I think the retail is lower, than the regular Polo made in Italy stuff.
post #142 of 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
Anyone?
Could it be Corneliani? But why wouldn't there be an inside tag?
Also I think the retail is lower, than the regular Polo made in Italy stuff.

The RL Polo Golf stuff is made by the same manufacturers who make the standard RL Polo stuff - i.e. The Made in Italy is Corneliani the other stuff could be anyone.

The labels on RL Polo clothing made purely for Europe are different to those for the US market.
post #143 of 424
Just bought this RLBL Khaki sport coat off a user in B&S here.
I noticed the large manu. tag that is on my BL suits from this year is absent from this jacket, which instead has a small black tag on the inside front waste. Also the neck tag is blank instead of saying "Made in Italy". The inside breast pocket tag instead says "Made in Italy for" and then lists the various international brand names RL has.

Who ever made it seems to be of quality, as pictured by the hang sewn lining (though one part needs to be re-done because it started to pull).

Any one have any info on this item? Perhaps who and when it's from.

Original sale post






post #144 of 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben View Post
found out more, Ralph Ralph Lauren, is suits and such exclusively for Dillards, still around.
Any idea on the quality of these? I just picked up a 100% cashmere "Ralph Ralph Lauren" blazer on ebay that is from Dillards. Made in Canada, which makes me think it is in the same family as Lauren. .
post #145 of 424
Re: The Op's post: Ralph lost control over Lauren? Despite the low quality, I thought PRL still owned that line. American Living is also missing from the OP's list. Speaking of which, is AL owned by PRL, or just Ralph consulting with a wholly separate co. producing it?
post #146 of 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoJoejoe View Post
Just bought this RLBL Khaki sport coat off a user in B&S here.
I noticed the large manu. tag that is on my BL suits from this year is absent from this jacket, which instead has a small black tag on the inside front waste. Also the neck tag is blank instead of saying "Made in Italy". The inside breast pocket tag instead says "Made in Italy for" and then lists the various international brand names RL has.

Who ever made it seems to be of quality, as pictured by the hang sewn lining (though one part needs to be re-done because it started to pull).

Any one have any info on this item? Perhaps who and when it's from.

It is still a Caruso suit. A suit of mine from this past season is the same.
post #147 of 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken Aback View Post
Re: The Op's post: Ralph lost control over Lauren? Despite the low quality, I thought PRL still owned that line.
They do. Licensed to Peerless.
post #148 of 424
Ah, thanks. I see it now. http://www.peerless-clothing.com/ Fubu and Sean John too. That just smacks of quality. Does PRL vet the specific designs, or do they just rake in their cut of the sales? Same with AL.
post #149 of 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken Aback View Post
Ah, thanks. I see it now. http://www.peerless-clothing.com/ Fubu and Sean John too. That just smacks of quality. Does PRL vet the specific designs, or do they just rake in their cut of the sales? Same with AL.
Not sure, but I own 2 pairs of flannel trousers and 2 RLR suits and am extremely happy with the quality.
post #150 of 424
Does anyone have any information on the old Polo University Club line?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide