or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Square Matching
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pocket Square Matching - Page 2

post #16 of 24
From the previously mentioned site on pocket squares:
Quote:
There are really only two "rules" for wearing the pocket square. Formal looks demand points up and the informal look demands a points down or "puff."
Can somebody provide some insight as to why this would be the case?
post #17 of 24
Quote:
From the previously mentioned site on pocket squares:
Quote:
There are really only two "rules" for wearing the pocket square. Formal looks demand points up and the informal look demands a points down or "puff."
Can somebody provide some insight as to why this would be the case?
I think you can safely ignore this "rule." (along with the rule against wearing single color squares.)
post #18 of 24
Quote:
I think you can safely ignore this "rule." (along with the rule against wearing single color squares.)
If the 1970's game show host is the look you want, or the Jimmy Swaggert look is your desire, by all means wear a solid color silk pocket square. You are better off not wearing anything than a solid color silk one. So Bourgeois, pedestrian and boring.
post #19 of 24
Quote:
So Bourgeois.
Now this is really too much. What is wrong with being bourgeois? Aren't all of us here to one degree or another bourgeois? Leaving aside, of course, grandly titled folk like Styleman. Ugly is bad, I agree. But bourgeois? Anyone who works for a living is technically "bourgeois" and what's wrong with that?
post #20 of 24
Satire, my friend. Satire. I said it with a smile, tongue in cheek. Sometimes people take themselves and words entirely too seriously. Lighten up. It's Saturday, the sun is shining (here anyway). I am just trying to avoid having someone, wearing a solid silk pocket sqaure, from being mistaken for Wink Martindale. AFWIW, I have not worked less than 70 hours a week since December, 2004. I am the working class.
post #21 of 24
Quote:
AFWIW, I have not worked less than 70 hours a week since December, 2004. I am the working class.
You are too well dressed to be working class. You are bourgeois.
post #22 of 24
I must be going for the Swaggert look as I wear solid silk squares with some regularity.
post #23 of 24
I wear solid squares perhaps half the time. With patterned suits, such as a large black on white glen plaid, a navy square blends better than a pattern, in my opinion. Will
post #24 of 24
If I wear one of my busy Hermes ties with a striped suit, I'll wear a solid navy silk square (but the square has a definite border similar to a Charvet handkerchief). I really do prefer a white linen square with suits (I admit laziness in the a.m.). As I've admitted the ownership of a solid square, I'm prepared for the consequent "class" demotion and will PM "Styleman" to return to SF to tutor me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Square Matching