• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench coat user's guide

Mega

Reaction score
I just bought a DB Aquascutum trench coat and I am liking the coat (needs to be dry cleaned though). Problem is, this being my first trench, there appears to be so many bells and whistles in that coat that I don't know what to do with them.
laugh.gif

I might post pictures later, but I was just wondering if there is page explaining in detail what all those buttons, loops and pieces of fabric are I'd appreciate that a lot. I tried searching for thread about trench coats, but I did not see anything regarding how to use the trench coat
smile.gif

Thanks in advance

m_wave

Reaction score
My office is next to Aquascutum on Regent St and ogle their wares regularly! Great coats, but perhaps you may have more luck if you post some pictures..

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
forgive my ignorance, but i'm not sure what the problem is...

pockets = put stuff in
buttons = to button up the jacket
fabric = to keep you warm
loops = keeps the belt in place

??????

jkw

Reaction score
He's probably asking about the different ways of buttoning/wearing, storm flaps and extra closure etc.

Personally, I like to keep my grenades on the D-rings

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkw
He's probably asking about the different ways of buttoning/wearing, storm flaps and extra closure etc.

Personally, I like to keep my grenades on the D-rings

i think a pic would help then, since trench styles differ greatly brand to brand.

but seriously, button them as you wish, not sure how you can go wrong.

storm flaps - leave them alone, what else can you do? extra closure?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mega
I just bought a DB Aquascutum trench coat and I am liking the coat (needs to be dry cleaned though). Problem is, this being my first trench, there appears to be so many bells and whistles in that coat that I don't know what to do with them.
laugh.gif

I might post pictures later, but I was just wondering if there is page explaining in detail what all those buttons, loops and pieces of fabric are I'd appreciate that a lot. I tried searching for thread about trench coats, but I did not see anything regarding how to use the trench coat
smile.gif

Thanks in advance

Is it the Kingsgate model, by any chance? If so, take a look at the Aquascutum DB trench in my sales post in my sig - there are pics of me wearing it in a few different configurations. The fun of a trenchcoat is its military origins; I love all the bells & whistles that they come with... even if I don't wear grenades in day to day life!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics