• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sartorialist: "Right Fit" for a DB suit

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What do you think: the right fit?

2008_1222_4.jpg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
slightly big in the shoulders, but looks great on him overall. i'd have knotted the tie differently, but still, i'd give him a 9.5 outta 10.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I see he went for the Tom Ford TM shoulder.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I see he went for the Tom Ford TM shoulder.

Gotta love the dimplets. They bring the sexy. By the way, what happened to your experiment with Manton over the weekend?

I think the sleeves are too tight and I hate the pocket square.

Smahatma

Reaction score
The button spacing looks very wide, especially on the top two.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
well, with the arm the way it is, it is tough to gauge as that position pulls at the shoulder/chest etc (it's probably a bit tight as he like his stuff way tight) Plus, I am very biased as, while Mory seems like a nice guy, everyone else at Pisano are tools and I refuse to throw any compliments in that direction.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd agree that the button stance isn't doing him any favors.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Gotta love the dimplets. They bring the sexy. By the way, what happened to your experiment with Manton over the weekend?

I think the sleeves are too tight and I hate the pocket square.

I think we are looking to do it at the end of this week, or next weekend. I think it is hysterical that people think the shoulder is too big. It is as though if the shoulder were even shorter, they think that his shoulder muscle would stop popping out. Makes a lot of sense
rolleyes.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Plus, I am very biased as, while Mory seems like a nice guy, everyone else at Pisano are tools and I refuse to throw any compliments in that direction.

This is an Eredi Pisano suit? Makes sense. There's something very obnoxious about it.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What are dimplets, baby dumplings?

Bad picture to assess fit but I think the jacket is cut too straight, or is it too crooked. I'm not sure what that means but it sounds right.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think we are looking to do it at the end of this week, or next weekend.

I think it is hysterical that people think the shoulder is too big. It is as though if the shoulder were even shorter, they think that his shoulder muscle would stop popping out. Makes a lot of sense
rolleyes.gif

I think the misconception is that if the shoulder ended sooner, it wouldn't cave into the empty space above the deltoid. But what's funny is the way a misconception from AB's many threads is now infecting unrelated threads, and unnknowledge (groupthink) is being spread.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
What are dimplets, baby dumplings?

Bad picture to assess fit but I think the jacket is cut too straight, or is it too crooked. I'm not sure what that means but it sounds right.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit's fit is fantastic and I love the fabric. The peak lapels are little exaggerated for my taste, and I would have preferred a darker tie and better knot. The buttons also look a little weird. I absolutely LOVE the pocket square and the fold. Most importantly the look "fits" him. Overall a solid nine out of ten.
thumbs-up.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads