or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Three-Name Entertainers who don't suck - name them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Three-Name Entertainers who don't suck - name them - Page 12

post #166 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Okay Edward James Olmos is on the list.

I'm glad to hear that, because Stand and Deliver had both he & Lou Diamond Philips, a movie with two three-name actors in starring roles. He also was in Miami Vice with Philip Michael Thomas, a tv show with two three-name actors in starring roles.
post #167 of 213
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauby View Post
I'm glad to hear that, because Stand and Deliver had both he & Lou Diamond Philips, a movie with two three-name actors in starring roles. He also was in Miami Vice with Philip Michael Thomas, a tv show with two three-name actors in starring roles.

I'm glad we can validate Miami Vice.
post #168 of 213
henry louis gates.

martin lee gore.

john wayne gacy.

jerry lee lewis.

terrence trent darby.

jennifer jason leigh.
post #169 of 213
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
henry louis gates.

martin lee gore.

john wayne gacy.

jerry lee lewis.

terrence trent darby.

jennifer jason leigh.

Dr. Gates is a professor, not an entertainer, although his lectures may have entertainment value - if you're into learning and crap like that.

Martin (Lee) Gore uses his middle name sporadically (i.e. - when it's convenient) - DQ

GACY WILL EAT YOUR CHILDREN - not entertaining, unless you have a few of the Bernhard Goetz trading cards and want badly to diversify.

The Killer was named on page one, thank yoooo for reading.

Terence Trent D'arby is a personal fave and on my list, but his quality fell off after Symphony or Damn and since changing his name the kook factor is overtaking the bad-ass.

Jennifer Jason Leigh is noice to look at. I guess she gets on the list, reversing a previous DQ.
post #170 of 213
van dyke parks
post #171 of 213
Anyone mention Rachel Leigh Cook?

Kimora Lee Simmons (joke).
post #172 of 213
missed the killer.

martin lee gore is my personal favorite entertainer and you must agree that at the least, he's always martin l. gore.

gates is always unintentionally entertaining so i'll have to disagree that he's not an entertainer.

you're right about gacy.

and i'm glad i'm not the only one who like terrence trent d'arby.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Dr. Gates is a professor, not an entertainer, although his lectures may have entertainment value - if you're into learning and crap like that.

Martin (Lee) Gore uses his middle name sporadically (i.e. - when it's convenient) - DQ

GACY WILL EAT YOUR CHILDREN - not entertaining, unless you have a few of the Bernhard Goetz trading cards and want badly to diversify.

The Killer was named on page one, thank yoooo for reading.

Terence Trent D'arby is a personal fave and on my list, but his quality fell off after Symphony or Damn and since changing his name the kook factor is overtaking the bad-ass.

Jennifer Jason Leigh is noice to look at. I guess she gets on the list, reversing a previous DQ.
post #173 of 213
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post
van dyke parks

The living embodiment of pleasant background noise. Damn this is a tough one. Points for the ADD-inspired repetoire and durability. Minus for the fucking moustache - if your NAME is Van Dyke, then you are obligated to grow the chin pubes if at all able. Minus for no big hits on 40 years of composing - Hoagie Carmichael did more in less time. DQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig View Post
Anyone mention Rachel Leigh Cook?

Kimora Lee Simmons (joke).

No, but shouldn't she at least try her hand at acting before we say she doesn't suck? So far she's just looked purty, which is admittedly a strong draw.

Kimora Lee Simmons doesn't just suck. She [redacted], [redacted], and [redacted] out of her [redacted] while looking in your eyes the entire time. That's the only explanation I can give for why she has money and a reality show.
post #174 of 213
Chow Yun Fat
Liu Yi Fei
LL
post #175 of 213
Dita Von Teese.
post #176 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Someone ate a lot of fast food late in the evenings while watching All in the Family re-runs on a small black-and-white TV as herbal "remedies" were being passed around.

This is quite accurate except they werent reruns. Im 48 years old.
post #177 of 213
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post
Chow Yun Fat Liu Yi Fei
Chow Yun Fat is a go, Replacement Killers notwithstanding - Mira Sorvino takes away from anything when she speaks or tries to 'act'. how she won an oscar is a f'ing mystery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
Dita Von Teese.
Normally I hate any and everything associated with Marilyn Manson, and wouldn't even consider his sloppy seconds, but I have a soft spot in my heart for DvT, That said, von is not a name (IRONIC THAT I WOULD SAY THIS IN RESPONSE TO YOUR POST, YOU CAN STOP POUTING NOW), but part of her surname, von Teese. DQ If I went soft on the von/van thing I'd have to allow like another 10 entertainers, and since I started with a list of two that makes me look even more stupider than usual. No Thanx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post
This is quite accurate except they werent reruns. Im 48 years old.
Your apostrophe key is 48 years old as well.
post #178 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
You've not sat through The Ghost Whisperer - any season, any episode - have you? Points for hawtness though.

And HOW could you butcher Anne Hathaway's name? I'm not one to do any smiting, but for that someone, somewhere, will spill red wine on your pale grey flannel suit. Be careful of where you dine.

I failed.


But if Jennifer Jason Leigh could get un-DQ for eyecandiness, and yet you don't want JLH, I'd gladly take 1 or 2 of whatever pills you're having.



Also, if Chinese people are fair game, I'd nominate Zhang Zi Yi

post #179 of 213
Re: Harry Dean Stanton. Does his being in Pretty in Pink strengthen his consideration...or cancel out all other worthy performances?


My contribution.........


post #180 of 213
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
I failed.


But if Jennifer Jason Leigh could get un-DQ for eyecandiness, and yet you don't want JLH, I'd gladly take 1 or 2 of whatever pills you're having.



Also, if Chinese people are fair game, I'd nominate Zhang Zi Yi


Actually JJL gets points for channeling Dorothy Parker as well. And you've not pointed out the irony that I was trying to make JLH the next AH (ultimately that was rejected by the steez) but I've DQ'd her from the list. Short story on JLH - she runs the gamut from A to B in her acting. But I'd still fap to her, and it sounds like I'm not the only one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Three-Name Entertainers who don't suck - name them