or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit - Page 6

post #76 of 712
Not to add insult to injury but I really dislike how the pants fit your thighs. I'd definitely get that slimmed down.
post #77 of 712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randallr View Post
I'm not saying the fault is only your own, but the forum warned you and you went ahead anyway. Proper fit isn't really as hard as it may seam. Something is very off about that suit, I think even a bum would be able to tell.

WTF are you talking about, the forum warned me? I went there and told them I wanted a gray single breasted suit with notched lapels etc. they fitted me and the tailor came and marked it up etc.

this is the finished product i get - a botched ass suit.... how is this my fault?

if I goto a high end boutique that claims to have great suits and I pay 3500, I should expect a good fitting end product. I am not an expert fitter, tailor, or anything of the sort.
post #78 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post
The suit shoulders is half a size too big, the hips need like half an inch and a lil tapering in the waist will do but it just won't have that V shaped silhouette on your body.
You think the shoulders of the suit are too big?
post #79 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
Huh? If I'm spending 3K on a suit the professional staff & tailor should not allow me to buy a suit that is too small on my shoulders. I'm not a suit fitter nor tailor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
if I goto a high end boutique that claims to have great suits and I pay 3500, I should expect a good fitting end product. I am not an expert fitter, tailor, or anything of the sort.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but part of the problem is that Tom Ford's is not a tailoring business. The knowledge and incentive to send you out the door in the most correct fitting suit possible are both somewhat lacking. I think you just need to be more vigilant yourself if you want to keep working with them.

Anybody who has gone through alterations at a big luxe store like Neimans or Sak, or ordered high-end MTM for that matter, has experienced exactly what you have.
post #80 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
You think the shoulders of the suit are too big?

Yup
post #81 of 712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I'd return the suit and take some time to consider your next course of action. Now that you have firsthand experience, you should know better than before whether the Tom Ford look is what you want and whether it is achievable. If you absolutely must have Tom Ford, I would definitely not try to get this suit fixed--at this point, it would just be a hatchet job. Maybe a size up in RTW would work better, which you can check for yourself. Otherwise, MTM beckons . . .

Agree. This suit is un-fixable.

I don't need the "tom ford" look. I just like nice roped shoulders that fit me properly, with a properly fitted/contoured chest and waist supression.

The wierd thing is I remember when I tried on a TF coat before it seemed to look much better than this one after being altered.
post #82 of 712
if you really like the suit and can't get any money back, my advice would be to go to a competent tailor (recommended by the forum) that does NOT work at TF.
post #83 of 712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I hate to sound like a broken record, but part of the problem is that Tom Ford's is not a tailoring business. The knowledge and incentive to send you out the door in the most correct fitting suit possible are both somewhat lacking. I think you just need to be more vigilant yourself if you want to keep working with them.

Anybody who has gone through alterations at a big luxe store like Neimans or Sak, or ordered high-end MTM for that matter, has experienced exactly what you have.

Yeah, I'm done with that. I'm going to get my money back.

Where can I go in NY? Can I get what I'm looking for from Len Logsdail for about 5k?
post #84 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
WTF are you talking about, the forum warned me? I went there and told them I wanted a gray single breasted suit with notched lapels etc. they fitted me and the tailor came and marked it up etc.

this is the finished product i get - a botched ass suit.... how is this my fault?

if I goto a high end boutique that claims to have great suits and I pay 3500, I should expect a good fitting end product. I am not an expert fitter, tailor, or anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I hate to sound like a broken record, but part of the problem is that Tom Ford's is not a tailoring business. The knowledge and incentive to send you out the door in the most correct fitting suit possible are both somewhat lacking. I think you just need to be more vigilant yourself if you want to keep working with them.

Anybody who has gone through alterations at a big luxe store like Neimans or Sak, or ordered high-end MTM for that matter, has experienced exactly what you have.

My point. My OTR before alterations looks worlds better than that suit.
post #85 of 712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post
if you really like the suit and can't get any money back, my advice would be to go to a competent tailor (recommended by the forum) that does NOT work at TF.

Maybe I could try going to raphael - i've heard his alteration work is among the best anywhere for the complex situation.

I'm gonna try to just get a refund at this point.
post #86 of 712
This suit lacks the big balls swagger I associate with Tom Ford. It's surprising how ordinary it looks for something so costly.
post #87 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
I don't need the "tom ford" look. I just like nice roped shoulders that fit me properly, with a properly fitted/contoured chest and waist supression.

Dude. If what you wanted all along was merely roped shoulders and excellent fit, and you had $5k to spend, bespoke was always the obvious answer.
post #88 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandySF View Post
This suit lacks the big balls swagger I associate with Tom Ford. It's surprising how ordinary it looks for something so costly.

I am no longer surprised by how poorly costly things can fit after being exposed to kitonbrioni's blog.
post #89 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Dude. If what you wanted all along was merely roped shoulders and excellent fit, and you had $5k to spend, bespoke was always the obvious answer.

Yeah, after my endless arguments with M, I have to agree with this, assuming you have the time and access to a good tailor.
post #90 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
Maybe I could try going to raphael - i've heard his alteration work is among the best anywhere for the complex situation.

I'm gonna try to just get a refund at this point.

I would go to the TF store and act extremely unhappy- as unhappy with it as you are. Point out all the flaws, explain how disappointed you are, etc. Don't be confrontational or blame them as much as express how utterly poor your TF experience was. In my experience, this is the best way to get the staff to help you out; guilt them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit