or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › question for Kabbaz.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

question for Kabbaz. - Page 3

post #31 of 39
Quote:
You should never tuck anything into a pair of jeans.  You'll look like a fool.
Ok, so what does one do when wearing a sport coat and jeans? Honest question here. Should you be wearing a shirt designed to be left untucked in this situation? For some reason my brain says that it would look sillier to have an untucked shirt with a sport coat than to have the same shirt tucked into your jeans when wearing jeans and a coat.
post #32 of 39
Quote:
For some reason my brain says that it would look sillier to have an untucked shirt with a sport coat than to have the same shirt tucked into your jeans when wearing jeans and a coat.
Funny, my brain says something else: DON'T WEAR A SPORTCOAT WITH JEANS. But then my brain is pretty hidebound.
post #33 of 39
Quote:
(familyman) For some reason my brain says that it would look sillier to have an untucked shirt with a sport coat than to have the same shirt tucked into your jeans when wearing jeans and a coat.
My brain, out-of-step with the times according to many above, would agree with you. Unless you are wearing, for example, a knitted polo or other short shirt in which case I personally might wear it untucked, but wouldn't argue with those who tucked it.
post #34 of 39
Quote:
(Manton) Funny, my brain says something else: DON'T WEAR A SPORTCOAT WITH JEANS.
As well you must, obviously being unable to bring yourself to own a pair of bespoke, not-tight jeans.
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Ok, so what does one do when wearing a sport coat and jeans? Honest question here. Should you be wearing a shirt designed to be left untucked in this situation? For some reason my brain says that it would look sillier to have an untucked shirt with a sport coat than to have the same shirt tucked into your jeans when wearing jeans and a coat.
Untucked. And if the sportcoat is the correct type (fitted, textured, and with a short skirt, and meant to worn with jeans,) it'll look fine. You Oxxford sportcoat will look stupid with jeans whether you tuck in your shirt or not.
post #36 of 39
Quote:
You Oxxford sportcoat will look stupid with jeans whether you tuck in your shirt or not.
Finally, we agree on something.
post #37 of 39
LA Guy, Can you give examples for good combinations of jeans-jacket-( and possible shoes). Can you back it up with photos. I am quite struggling with this look. B
post #38 of 39
Will try to do this. Photos will be harder. Will perhaps start a new thread. BrianSD might be able to give some good examples as well.
post #39 of 39
Will try to do this. Photos will be harder. Will perhaps start a new thread. BrianSD might be able to give some good examples as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › question for Kabbaz.