or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › PSA: Amazing Collection of Hermes Briefcases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PSA: Amazing Collection of Hermes Briefcases

post #1 of 52
Thread Starter 
Full disclosure - the seller is a classmate of mine at business school. I saw these in person and they are pretty impressive. If I weren't: a) too young to really pull off a classic Hermes case; b) in debt up to my eyeballs I might have taken one of these myself. I am tempted to put one on layaway!

He also has a nice selection of suits and sporting goods all at penny auction prices. Scroll down in the first link to see them. Some nice RLPL stuff...

Anyhow, the link is here, take a look if only for the p0rn value:
http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNATIONAL...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

A few favorites:
Blue Sac a Depeche to go with one's high-class super secret English shoes:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/68bxly

Carbon Fiber (so cool in person, not sure if I will ever be pimp enough to use one):
http://preview.tinyurl.com/carbonfiber

Enjoy...
post #2 of 52
really digging the versace russian squirrel full length coat http://cgi.ebay.com/30329-VERSACE-RU...742.m153.l1262
post #3 of 52
An amazing array of stuff.

The seller has a feedback total of over 3700 and is currently selling about 689 items.

Do you know if Ebay selling is his full time job and is he going to Business School to improve his Ebay business?

I remember seeing him as a buyer as well as a seller of high end items over the years too.
post #4 of 52
It's unfortunate that the live.com discount is now down to almost nothing.
post #5 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by airportlobby View Post
It's unfortunate that the live.com discount is now down to almost nothing.

"overstock electronics" gets 20% as of this morning.
post #6 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyliu52 View Post
really digging the versace russian squirrel full length coat http://cgi.ebay.com/30329-VERSACE-RU...742.m153.l1262
Fur? Versace? I had a deja-vu.

Maybe this coat is meant to be worn with the famous "weasel vest" that pop up a few weeks ago
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=90041

Anti-PETA look for under 10K.
post #7 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
An amazing array of stuff.

The seller has a feedback total of over 3700 and is currently selling about 689 items.

Do you know if Ebay selling is his full time job and is he going to Business School to improve his Ebay business?

I remember seeing him as a buyer as well as a seller of high end items over the years too.

Yep, Ebay was pretty much his full-time job before coming to school. He still sells pretty actively. Really impressive guy - has more hustle than anyone else I've met at school. The definition of an aribitrageur, and totally unafraid to put tens of thousands of dollars into deals.

He basically paid school tuition by running through inventory.

I linked to the clothing, but you'll notice that he also sells snowboards, coats and outdoor gear.
post #8 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyliu52 View Post
really digging the versace russian squirrel full length coat

http://cgi.ebay.com/30329-VERSACE-RU...742.m153.l1262

Lined in Rayon? They couldn't splurge on some silk?
post #9 of 52
IMO, nothing like box calf from Hermes (if anyone knows of a match please let me know)...I was tempted by the black sac a depeches, but Japan resellers are slightly less expensive (around ¥300,000).
post #10 of 52
I think Box Calf looks cheap and plasticky. I think togo looks much better.
post #11 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duveen View Post
Yep, Ebay was pretty much his full-time job before coming to school. He still sells pretty actively. Really impressive guy - has more hustle than anyone else I've met at school. The definition of an aribitrageur, and totally unafraid to put tens of thousands of dollars into deals.

He basically paid school tuition by running through inventory.

I linked to the clothing, but you'll notice that he also sells snowboards, coats and outdoor gear.

He's a very good friend of mine too ...
post #12 of 52
I dig how the closure on this lobb case mimics their double monk shoe - the name which I forget.

post #13 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duveen View Post
Full disclosure - the seller is a classmate of mine at business school.
I guess it's par for the course that since your classmate "only-the-best1" is such a high-volume seller that he'd have his share of negative and neutral feedback, resulting in his current 99.4% feedback rating. But he really needs to update his ad copy because all his current ads proclaim "I HAVE MORE THAN 3000 POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND NO NEGATIVES" when in fact he does have negative feedbacks! (I really hate when sellers claim not to have any negatives when they really do... at best it's laziness in not updating their listings to reflect recent turns of events, and at worst it's outright fraud and deception.) http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home I found his answer to this neutral feedback he received rather amusing: buyer leaving a neutral feedback: "received product in great condition, emails could be more friendly, not so short" Reply by only-the-best1 "!ALL MY E-MAILS ARE FRIENDLY, THERE IS NO REASON YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT A NEUTRAL!" Any particular reason you can think of that your classmate wouldn't understand the nuances of the all caps? Or why he'd answer the claim of an unfriendly email with another unfriendly email? Not saying he's a bad seller or bad person or bad MBA student or anything... just pointing out some red flags...
post #14 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
I think Box Calf looks cheap and plasticky. I think togo looks much better.

Brand new perhaps, but with care box calf ages the best and will develop an amzing patina. Togo is nice, but in certain colors (e.g. blue jean) dirt gets in the grain and it is very difficult to clean (even for Hermes); this doesn't seem to happen with clemence so much.
post #15 of 52
I've bought several things from this guy and have been pleased. Did not realize that he was a Wharton MBA student, though. Hope he is not heading into finance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › PSA: Amazing Collection of Hermes Briefcases