• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teeth Whitening

Hostage

Reaction score
Hello,

I was thinking about whitening my teeth, as they are pretty yellow now
biggrin.gif

What do you think, which procedure is the best ?
I got this idea, while watching MythBusters on one documentary channel. One of them passed this (1hour) sitting under some blue light. I'm not sure if they mentioned it, but it was Zoom or Zoom2 technology? (But there are many similar to each other)
I was looking for some info on the Internet, so far I found was some strips, toothpaste and laser.
The problem is this won't work with all patients (due to genetic issues)

Do you think it's worth to try? Anyone else have done it ?

I found only one place in my country where they offer Zoom2 (I heard it cost $800 here). Thi

Thanks

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hostage
Hello,

I was thinking about whitening my teeth, as they are pretty yellow now
biggrin.gif

What do you think, which procedure is the best ?
I got this idea, while watching MythBusters on one documentary channel. One of them passed this (1hour) sitting under some blue light. I'm not sure if they mentioned it, but it was Zoom or Zoom2 technology? (But there are many similar to each other)
I was looking for some info on the Internet, so far I found was some strips, toothpaste and laser.
The problem is this won't work with all patients (due to genetic issues)

Do you think it's worth to try? Anyone else have done it ?

I found only one place in my country where they offer Zoom2 (I heard it cost $800 here). Thi

Thanks

By this advice, I am by no means an expert, but a Pre-Dental student and has a mom who works in dental office as a hygeinist so I do know my fair share. That blue light stuff works well, however thers a great risks. One of my friends parents was talking about it, not too highly of it and said one of her friends got really messed up by it.

I would recommend bleaching trays. Pretty cheap, go to the dentist office, get a mold done. Then two weks later they can either mail you the trays+ the bleach or you can pick them up. The way my moms boss does them is he tells them yuo need to leave them all as much as you can all day for 2-3 days then take htem off at night. The next 4-5 days just wear them overnight.

I cant speak for the blue light since I have never done it nor ever speaken directly to someone who has done it. The trays I have done, and liked them alot, was very easy. The only thing is that you tend to have alot of saliva so carry a cup around to spit it out.

Can read up on more information about dangers here:
http://www.teethwhiteningreviews.com...ng_dangers.php

make sure to read all/some the comments, about 130 of them all talking negativly about it. Chapped lips, lip swelling, teeth hurting all day and night. I would stick with the trays since its much less risk.

Berticus

Reaction score
I did crest white strips. They work, but the problem is they don't cover enough area. Personally, I would love to get all my teeth white, even the molars in the far back. Inconsistent teeth color just bothers me a lot. If you've got a wide smile, the very edge will still show the original color.

I plan to get some custom trays made and buy some carbamide peroxide gel.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berticus
I did crest white strips. They work, but the problem is they don't cover enough area. Personally, I would love to get all my teeth white, even the molars in the far back. Inconsistent teeth color just bothers me a lot. If you've got a wide smile, the very edge will still show the original color.

I plan to get some custom trays made and buy some carbamide peroxide gel.

Like i had originally said, trays are the way to go. Just be aware that the peroxide gel increases the risk of cancer in the mouth.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Hm my dentist offered my trays when I asked him about it, and she said they cost somewhere between 500-600$ to make. Is this a typical price?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Hm my dentist offered my trays when I asked him about it, and she said they cost somewhere between 500-600$ to make. Is this a typical price?
No. I used these guys and they made spot-on trays with zero hassles. Dentists overcharge for whitening because they can.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Sounds good, how white were you able to get your teeth to be.

**tracey**

Reaction score
i recommend crest white strips but the supreme kind from the dentist

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used Britesmile in the past and the cost at that time was $400 and they gave me a coupon for $100 off next time.

They use a light to activate the gel ina tray which they put in your mouth. The total time was like an hour. My teeth hurted during the process and alittle after since they were sensitive. It did look whiter.

TowleY

Reaction score
Im pretty sure my mom only charges like 50$... 500-600 is grossly overpayed.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Sounds good, how white were you able to get your teeth to be.
Very white. I was really surprised by the difference since other products worked like ****. It was night and day. Best thing I ever did for myself. A good smile goes such a long way.

Ippo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Very white. I was really surprised by the difference since other products worked like ****. It was night and day.

Best thing I ever did for myself. A good smile goes such a long way.

Sounds interesting, I may try this out. One question though, how exactly do these become custom fitted to your teeth?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<----- Dentist

Get some custom made trays and some 10-14% carbamine peroxide from your dentist. Here in Canada this should cost you $350-500; I imagine the cost is similar in the US.

Don't get suckered into anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads