or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Teeth Whitening
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Teeth Whitening

post #1 of 85
Thread Starter 
Hello,

I was thinking about whitening my teeth, as they are pretty yellow now
What do you think, which procedure is the best ?
I got this idea, while watching MythBusters on one documentary channel. One of them passed this (1hour) sitting under some blue light. I'm not sure if they mentioned it, but it was Zoom or Zoom2 technology? (But there are many similar to each other)
I was looking for some info on the Internet, so far I found was some strips, toothpaste and laser.
The problem is this won't work with all patients (due to genetic issues)

Do you think it's worth to try? Anyone else have done it ?

I found only one place in my country where they offer Zoom2 (I heard it cost $800 here). Thi

Thanks
post #2 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage View Post
Hello,

I was thinking about whitening my teeth, as they are pretty yellow now
What do you think, which procedure is the best ?
I got this idea, while watching MythBusters on one documentary channel. One of them passed this (1hour) sitting under some blue light. I'm not sure if they mentioned it, but it was Zoom or Zoom2 technology? (But there are many similar to each other)
I was looking for some info on the Internet, so far I found was some strips, toothpaste and laser.
The problem is this won't work with all patients (due to genetic issues)

Do you think it's worth to try? Anyone else have done it ?

I found only one place in my country where they offer Zoom2 (I heard it cost $800 here). Thi

Thanks

By this advice, I am by no means an expert, but a Pre-Dental student and has a mom who works in dental office as a hygeinist so I do know my fair share. That blue light stuff works well, however thers a great risks. One of my friends parents was talking about it, not too highly of it and said one of her friends got really messed up by it.

I would recommend bleaching trays. Pretty cheap, go to the dentist office, get a mold done. Then two weks later they can either mail you the trays+ the bleach or you can pick them up. The way my moms boss does them is he tells them yuo need to leave them all as much as you can all day for 2-3 days then take htem off at night. The next 4-5 days just wear them overnight.

I cant speak for the blue light since I have never done it nor ever speaken directly to someone who has done it. The trays I have done, and liked them alot, was very easy. The only thing is that you tend to have alot of saliva so carry a cup around to spit it out.

Can read up on more information about dangers here:
http://www.teethwhiteningreviews.com...ng_dangers.php

make sure to read all/some the comments, about 130 of them all talking negativly about it. Chapped lips, lip swelling, teeth hurting all day and night. I would stick with the trays since its much less risk.
post #3 of 85
I did crest white strips. They work, but the problem is they don't cover enough area. Personally, I would love to get all my teeth white, even the molars in the far back. Inconsistent teeth color just bothers me a lot. If you've got a wide smile, the very edge will still show the original color. I plan to get some custom trays made and buy some carbamide peroxide gel.
post #4 of 85
The bleaching trays are the best in every sense of the word. They are cheap, they are easily available and above all, they work great. Regards
post #5 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berticus View Post
I did crest white strips. They work, but the problem is they don't cover enough area. Personally, I would love to get all my teeth white, even the molars in the far back. Inconsistent teeth color just bothers me a lot. If you've got a wide smile, the very edge will still show the original color.

I plan to get some custom trays made and buy some carbamide peroxide gel.

Like i had originally said, trays are the way to go. Just be aware that the peroxide gel increases the risk of cancer in the mouth.
post #6 of 85
I used bleaching trays with excellent results for the last 8-9 years.
post #7 of 85
post #8 of 85
Hm my dentist offered my trays when I asked him about it, and she said they cost somewhere between 500-600$ to make. Is this a typical price?
post #9 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitaloud View Post
Hm my dentist offered my trays when I asked him about it, and she said they cost somewhere between 500-600$ to make. Is this a typical price?
No. I used these guys and they made spot-on trays with zero hassles. Dentists overcharge for whitening because they can.
post #10 of 85
Sounds good, how white were you able to get your teeth to be.
post #11 of 85
i recommend crest white strips but the supreme kind from the dentist
post #12 of 85
I've used Britesmile in the past and the cost at that time was $400 and they gave me a coupon for $100 off next time.

They use a light to activate the gel ina tray which they put in your mouth. The total time was like an hour. My teeth hurted during the process and alittle after since they were sensitive. It did look whiter.
post #13 of 85
Im pretty sure my mom only charges like 50$... 500-600 is grossly overpayed.
post #14 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitaloud View Post
Sounds good, how white were you able to get your teeth to be.
Very white. I was really surprised by the difference since other products worked like shit. It was night and day. Best thing I ever did for myself. A good smile goes such a long way.
post #15 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Very white. I was really surprised by the difference since other products worked like shit. It was night and day.

Best thing I ever did for myself. A good smile goes such a long way.

Sounds interesting, I may try this out. One question though, how exactly do these become custom fitted to your teeth?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Teeth Whitening