or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Why should I buy a Mac??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why should I buy a Mac?? - Page 11

post #151 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
I look at it a bit differently.

People bought iPods and saw the user friendliness of the hardware and software and integration ease with iTunes.

Based on this favorable experience, they wondered what Apple might be able to do with its computers and purchased a Mac.

post #152 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy View Post
This is actually a real concern for many laptop users. An example would be a college student returning home during summer break and his main computer is his laptop. He leaves it plugged in on a desk for the entire break because he doesn't need to carry it anywhere like the library or coffee shop like when he was back in school.

It's alien to me. I like the freedom a laptop gives me. Take it to the sofa, outside on the deck, to the kitchen, looking up recipes online...
post #153 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandros View Post
It's alien to me. I like the freedom a laptop gives me. Take it to the sofa, outside on the deck, to the kitchen, looking up recipes online...

Some people like desktop replacement laptops that weigh 10lbs, have a 17" screen and battery that only lasts an hour. Those machines usually don't get moved too often.
post #154 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy View Post
Some people like desktop replacement laptops that weigh 10lbs, have a 17" screen and battery that only lasts an hour. Those machines usually don't get moved too often.

Might as well just get a desktop...
post #155 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy View Post
You can do that but it will shorten the life of the battery.

*shrug*

My Macbook's almost 2.5 years old. Spent about 80-90% of that time plugged in and the battery's still fine. But I guess it depends on what laptops you buy.
post #156 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_h View Post
*shrug*

My Macbook's almost 2.5 years old. Spent about 80-90% of that time plugged in and the battery's still fine. But I guess it depends on what laptops you buy.

Yup, you don't want to get one of those laptops with the exploding batteries...

Your battery is losing it's charge faster if you keep it plugged in:
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Why should I buy a Mac??