or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need comment on this Kiton odd jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need comment on this Kiton odd jacket.

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....01&rd=1 Any comment? Is this worth $700?
post #2 of 23
No.
post #3 of 23
I like that jacket quite a bit, $700 is not really outrageous for Kiton, as I believe their suits are $1400-1500 at closeout, and even on ebay you won't find too many sportcoats for much lower prices. I think it would be pretty sharp in a casual or semi-formal outfit.
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
No.
but it looks so nice .. and it's size 43R (my size) I only wish it was not used
post #5 of 23
It's gorgeous, but I personally would hesitate before paying $700-750 for a jacket whose button-holes have already been cut. You're looking at an expensive alteration if your arms are significantly longer/shorter than the person who originally owned the jacket. This is the kind of thing that if it came NWT, basted sleeves, etc., would be worth the premium (by eBay standards anyway) price.
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
It's gorgeous, but I personally would hesitate before paying $700-750 for a jacket whose button-holes have already been cut. You're looking at an expensive alteration if your arms are significantly longer/shorter than the person who originally owned the jacket. This is the kind of thing that if it came NWT, basted sleeves, etc., would be worth the premium (by eBay standards anyway) price.
Sad .. but I agree with you man ..
post #7 of 23
First time I've heard "Kiton" and "pimp" in the same phrase.
post #8 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
First time I've heard "Kiton" and "pimp" in the same phrase.  
If I see a guys who's wearing this jacket and white shirt, pants and light tan or white shoes ..I'll say to myself, "now .. thats real pimp .."
post #9 of 23
And you want to look like a pimp because...?
post #10 of 23
Quote:
First time I've heard "Kiton" and "pimp" in the same phrase.  
Lance Hughes (Discostu) has an orange Kiton sportcoat which he referred to as "superdope".   And yes, the fabric on this jacket looks really nice, but there's no way I could see myself buying it unless I was absolutely swimming in cash.
post #11 of 23
I don't think it's pimp. A little flashy. Rich man showing off, but not pimp. I agree about the sleeve buttonholes. Proceed with caution.
post #12 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I don't think it's pimp.  A little flashy.  Rich man showing off, but not pimp.  I agree about the sleeve buttonholes.  Proceed with caution.
Manton, I heard Kiton stitches jacket shoulder seams like shirt sleeves. Can a tailor replicate this if I ever need to fix a Kiton jacket's shoulders?
post #13 of 23
Quote:
I heard Kiton stitches jacket shoulder seams like shirt sleeves.
This is not correct. Well, maybe they do for some markets, but not for the American market. All Kiton coats that I have seen in the US have set-in sleeves with a shoulderpad. You should not have a problem with alterations.
post #14 of 23
I don't see anything "pimp" about it at all. It's beautiful. It would look stunning with jeans, gray flannels, etc. Looks very flexible to me. Kiton cashmere blazers are over $4,000 full retail (at least at Neiman-Marcus), so this is obviously a significant discount.
post #15 of 23
Thread Starter 
when I say pimp, it sort of means phat -> cool -> etc ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need comment on this Kiton odd jacket.