or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Car Detailing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Car Detailing - Page 23

post #331 of 341
Pinnacle Souveran is one of the best carnauba waxes I have used. Used it to win two Porsche Concours events this summer.
post #332 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Is this the Porter Cable you guys are referring to? There are multiple models at Amazon and just want to be sure if I decide to start paying more attention to my car, I do it the right way..

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-7424XP-6-Inch-Variable-Speed-Polisher/dp/B002654I46/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1313512519&sr=1-1

That's a good one to use Gnatty. I use a 7336 which is identical to the 7424. The XP is a slightly improved version of the 7424.

They key is to also buy high quality pads. The Lake Country pads are the best I have used and AutoGeek sells them.
post #333 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post

Pinnacle Souveran is one of the best carnauba waxes I have used. Used it to win two Porsche Concours events this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post


That's a good one to use Gnatty. I use a 7336 which is identical to the 7424. The XP is a slightly improved version of the 7424.

They key is to also buy high quality pads. The Lake Country pads are the best I have used and AutoGeek sells them.

How does Pinnacle Souveran compare to Collinite 476, the one I use at the moment?

I've heard Porter cables a lot on forums, how much harder work do they save you versus removing wax and then buffing by hand (like I do at the moment)
post #334 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner-guyView Post
You probably don't need to bother with the type of wash you bought.

I don't agree with this part. Car wash soap quality varies greatly. Mothers California Gold soap is really nice.

My personal all-time favorite. nod[1].gif
post #335 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan FanView Post
Had some great weather today. Mid 60s and sunny. Did my usual winter polishing - wash, clay, wash again, polish, two layers of Z-2 pro plus interior detail. The Lexus looks great.I also got some new Kumho Ecsta Platinum LX tires which so far are almost as good a ride as the Michelin MXV4s.
Crazy weather you guys have been having -- snow then, 60+. Ever considered Pilot Sport A/S's? I run them on pretty much everything (even my Grand Am), and am probably going to put them on the M Coupe next Spring.~ H

I like the Pilot Sport A/S Plus for my winter set up--TN winters that is.
I'm going to get another set of RFT's for summer--I like the stiffer sidewalls.
post #336 of 341
Hello Men;

I'm going to get a Porter Cable and polish my Jet Black BMW--I would prefer to pay some one but don't trust anyone to NOT damage the paint.

Wish Me Luck!! nod[1].gif

Michael
post #337 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by x26 View Post

Hello Men;

I'm going to get a Porter Cable and polish my Jet Black BMW--I would prefer to pay some one but don't trust anyone to NOT damage the paint.

Wish Me Luck!! nod[1].gif

Michael

Ah no Michael, half the fun is doing it yourself and looking after your car!
post #338 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post


Ah no Michael, half the fun is doing it yourself and looking after your car!

I'll post pics when finished. Thanks for the encouragement!
post #339 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post




How does Pinnacle Souveran compare to Collinite 476, the one I use at the moment?

I've heard Porter cables a lot on forums, how much harder work do they save you versus removing wax and then buffing by hand (like I do at the moment)

Souveran is much better - deeper, richer gloss.

Random orbital buffers are 100X better than hand because they polish deeper and the heat build up helps removes surface scratches and deeper cuts.
post #340 of 341
Agree - pinnacle is pretty damn hard to beat. I do like P21S just as much though, although I have heard that not all P21S sold everywhere is created equal...
post #341 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Agree - pinnacle is pretty damn hard to beat. I do like P21S just as much though, although I have heard that not all P21S sold everywhere is created equal...

I am also a fan of P21S and it remains a favorite. One observation, the 100% carnauba version of P21S is not that much better, if at all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Car Detailing