In my experience, you only want to apply wax by hand. A rotary is too powerful for this by a long shot and I find a PC (orbital) is overkill. A quality wax will be easy to apply and easy to remove after hazing.
Here are my favorite carnaubas:
1. Pinnacle Souveran (the best I have ever used and a relative bargain among pricey waxes)
2. P21S (especially great on silver cars like mine)
3. Poorboy's Natty's (fine wax)
Avoid Collinite, Meguiars, Mothers (not horrible but average). They look okay but for the same money you can do better. Zymol waxes are okay but far pricey relative to the actual quality. I have all the estate glazes even the stuff that sells for $1K+. Souveran kicks their butt.
Now, what about sealants? This is a good option if you don't want to wax every 3 months (few carnaubas last past 1.5-2 months).
Sealants I like are:
1. Zaino (the best their is and what I use on my car and my wife's car.
2. 1Z, a great line from Germany
3. Klasse AIO (acrylic sealant with nice gloss...get the old formula and don't use the SG topper which sucks, use a carnauba)
Hope this helps.