or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Critique my dior 19cm mij fit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Critique my dior 19cm mij fit - Page 3

post #31 of 163
Are those Dior socks?
post #32 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I recall reading something on that interracial dating thread.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Probably the only time I've metioned I'm asian. shit I thought you were one creepy dude.
post #33 of 163
People with 19,000+ posts are never creepy.
post #34 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
People with 19,000+ posts are never creepy.

from my experience on the internets, that is definitely false.

Nope, they aren't dior socks. They are adidas and they come in packs of 8 pairs for $14.99 at finish line.
post #35 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
People with 19,000+ posts are never creepy.
^new sig
post #36 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
those are way too big

Quote:
Originally Posted by remn View Post
the thigh is literally skin tight, and I can't latch the clasp.

I was kidding by the way
post #37 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
I was kidding by the way

Too late, he's sizing down.
post #38 of 163
When they stretch out more you can sag them lower and then it will look perfect. Right now it looks like they are still too new to fit the way Diors are supposed to fit - they should be a bit more drapey and shouldn't contour to your ass so much, but after they stretch out, they should drape a lot more and I think it'll be ideal. Looks to me like you got the right size if you're going for hte Dior aesthetic.
post #39 of 163
I'd say they're a size too small. Not that they can't look good when they stretch out, but for them to be properly anti-fit in the thighs, a 32 would have been perfect. Right now it looks as if there's no room for a wallet or even keys in the pockets.
post #40 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD View Post
When they stretch out more you can sag them lower and then it will look perfect. Right now it looks like they are still too new to fit the way Diors are supposed to fit - they should be a bit more drapey and shouldn't contour to your ass so much, but after they stretch out, they should drape a lot more and I think it'll be ideal. Looks to me like you got the right size if you're going for the Dior aesthetic.

I agree with this. Diors look great when slouched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar View Post
I'd say they're a size too small. Not that they can't look good when they stretch out, but for them to be properly anti-fit in the thighs, a 32 would have been perfect. Right now it looks as if there's no room for a wallet or even keys in the pockets.

I believe they stretch out quite a bit. I'm not 100% sure on how much the thighs stretch though, and would be curious to hear (I've seen thigh measurements between 9.5 and 12 on 29s...)
post #41 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio27 View Post
I believe they stretch out quite a bit. I'm not 100% sure on how much the thighs stretch though, and would be curious to hear (I've seen thigh measurements between 9.5 and 12 on 29s...)

Well I have a couple of pairs of this jean, in two sizes; the first were a 31 which were really tight to begin with, and the latest pair is a 32 which were comfortable (but not loose) in the waist from the get go. I'm much more happy with the fit of the second pair as they really have that 'trademark' DH antifit look. The 31s have stretched a lot in the waist over the last year, and they definitely look good, but they just had a crotch blowout too.

DH jeans will stretch a lot if you buy them tight, but as I see it it's better to just get ones that look good from the start. Then they won't stretch much if at all in the thighs either. YMMV of course. It's a pretty versatile cut after all, and I've even seen them look pretty cool when worn a size up too.
post #42 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar View Post
Well I have a couple of pairs of this jean, in two sizes; the first were a 31 which were really tight to begin with, and the latest pair is a 32 which were comfortable (but not loose) in the waist from the get go. I'm much more happy with the fit of the second pair as they really have that 'trademark' DH antifit look. The 31s have stretched a lot in the waist over the last year, and they definitely look good, but they just had a crotch blowout too.

DH jeans will stretch a lot if you buy them tight, but as I see it it's better to just get ones that look good from the start. Then they won't stretch much if at all in the thighs either. YMMV of course. It's a pretty versatile cut after all, and I've even seen them look pretty cool when worn a size up too.

Thanks for the advice. I sized down 2 as per sufu recommendations. Some of them were sizing down 3 and shit. I probably should have realized that everyone there is stick thin. My biggest concern with sizing more appropriately to my true was was that the waist would stretch to a point where I wouldn't be able to wear them.

i.e. I am a true sz 31, so if I got 30's I wouldn't want them to stretch in the waist to 32/33. The thighs were definitely much smaller than I anticipated though. Do you think I should try to get some 21cm?
post #43 of 163
There is no fixed recipe for stretching. I have an quite a few MIJ 19cms, all bought as exactly the same pair of jeans in the same size, some seem to stretch much more than others. Somewhat strange. I think the size should be ok. 19 vs 21 is a matter of preference more than anything else; I've yet to find any suitable uses for my 21s. I guess it depends on what sort of outfit you're wearing them with.
post #44 of 163
Size up, they aren't going to stretch enough.
post #45 of 163
Are you guys gay? Why would you want your jeans to be that tight? To the OP, I'd size up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Critique my dior 19cm mij fit