• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Jump the Gun in Brighton, UK is a great online shop worth checking out for good gear at normal person prices. Esp now with the $/GBP exchange being so good for us yanks

It's primarily geared to skinheads/mods but obviously anyone can wear this stuff as it's all classically influenced (skinheads don't have a monopoly on gingham buttondown shirts after all
smile.gif
)

This is where i got my striped Breton sweater, which is a phenomenal garment. thick but soft, really fitted with narrow body and arms (order true to chest size)

They have a full range of shirts, harringtons, Fred Perry, sta-prest, etc all at good prices.

Their help section has a good sizing chart, and if you need more assistance you can email (Jonathan) and he is good to answer questions and replies fairly quick

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their sta-prest trousers look good and a good price for them too. I'm emailing him now for more info and maybe place an order.

Cheers Jason!

bohemianmidnight

Reaction score
gotta love the trousers, raincoat, gingham, fred perry, the ties. great stuff

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea the sta-press look nice and very affordable. I hear from those who've bought that they run really small thru the hips-thigh

the shirts run small as well, being a 38" chest with a 15-15.5 neck, I was recommended to buy a 16 or 16.5 neck to accomodate my torso (i havent bought a shirt yet tho)

I should be getting the oxblood monkey boots from them sometime next week!!!

Brian SD

Reaction score
Damn, nice looking gear. Fit wise they dont give much in the way of pictures, though.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Nice, I've been looking for a place that has Made in UK Fred Perrys at affordable prices. Having said that, alot of the JTG products look interesting too. Will def check out the shirts asap.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm going down there while in London so I'll do a photo shoot of the store and get some more firsthand info on how stuff fits etc

I also appreciate that their shipping rates to USA are not absurd (8GBP for 2 shirts for example)

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Really interesting stuff, love the pricing. Can't wait for your first-hand account, GS.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
def ^^^, this year I'm going to take tons more pics....last year we were so tired from already being in Rome and Paris for 10 days that we didnt really take as many photos as we should have while in town

anyways JtG has been around for a while but the online store is fairly new. before their site only had vague product info and no shopping cart so it's nice to see them fully functional

the store is also near the famous "alleyway" from Quadrophenia so I'm def playing tourist and checking that out and doing my best "Jimmy" pose whilst standing in it haha

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
The brentons look good. Off-white and azure catch my eyes. Think there will be a Boxing Day sale?

Not sure if a store like this has boxing day sales, but I'll be there to splurge if they do

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How's the quality on their Harringtons? I've been on the lookout for one in beige/cream and the price is right on theirs.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I havent seen one in person...I've heard from those who have one that they're about on par (maybe slightly better) with others that I have seen, and it's not Baracuta or Fred Perry quality, but for the price you def get a good jacket for beating around in. at that price with our $1:1.45GBP rate today it makes it "cant go wrong" territory

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sure wish Thick as Thieves would start a US distributorship for some of this stuff. I realy need a new pair of stapress trou to go with the farkin brilliant PoW sportcoat I got in the mail today.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads