or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS - Page 2

post #16 of 294
^^ Thanks Jas.
post #17 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
I sure wish Thick as Thieves would start a US distributorship for some of this stuff. I realy need a new pair of stapress trou to go with the farkin brilliant PoW sportcoat I got in the mail today.
cheers J! actually I had thought of trying to see about bringing over some good Euro stuff like this that is completely under the radar, and selling it in conjunction with TaT. Besides JtG, there is also DNAGroove (from Italy), which has a full line of shirts, suits, knits, coats, even shoes. I know the guy behind the line and I've thought about seeing if I could bring some of his gear over, as it's quite nice and priced very good. The only issue is that their margins they sell at retail are not that high because they are the direct seller rather than going thru retail markups, but who knows something might be do-able....
post #18 of 294
I like the look of those JTG button downs, would be interested in seeing how they fit.
post #19 of 294
Thread Starter 
I have one in the mail, so I'll report here once I get it about the fit and finish. Let's see if they're as slim as they say they are.
post #20 of 294
Ordering the Fred Perry white cable knit detail v and the breton stripped jumper. The FP sweater is a bit pricey, but what the hell I like it a lot.
post #21 of 294
Those trousers look suitably slim.
post #22 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
Ordering the Fred Perry white cable knit detail v and the breton stripped jumper. The FP sweater is a bit pricey, but what the hell I like it a lot.

that's actually a good price for the FP sweater with the current exchange. if you found it locally in the States it would retail for about $250

I have the striped Breton too...you'll dig it, the fit is great and is a quality garment.

I have the oxblood monkey boots coming something next week, I'll probably pick up the black ones when I'm there. I was never fond of monkey boots til I saw these, and they're made by Solovair so it's top notch UK made.
post #23 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
that's actually a good price for the FP sweater with the current exchange. if you found it locally in the States it would retail for about $250

I have the striped Breton too...you'll dig it, the fit is great and is a quality garment.

I have the oxblood monkey boots coming something next week, I'll probably pick up the black ones when I'm there. I was never fond of monkey boots til I saw these, and they're made by Solovair so it's top notch UK made.

Cool, again thanks for showing this website.

Are the Dr marten english made boots coming out of the Solovair factory? This is just a random curiosity in my mind.

This website has the Solovairs at a redicilously low price:

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footw...air-boots.html

Do you know where the button ups are manufactured?
post #24 of 294
This is my first post. It is great to write about something I like.

I am a long time JTG customer. The other day I went there to buy a Fred Perry M12 Polo and to try on a pair of Doc Martens Originals. Adam, Jonathan and their staff are always knowledgeable and passionate about what they sell.

In Brighton JTG is known as "The Mod Shop" and there are always Lambrettas parked in front of the building. They sell some Mod accessory, parkas and two tone suits. However most of their clothes can be worn by almost everybody.

I agree with Get Smart, the Royal Mer jumpers are fantastic. I bought one in navy/white a couple of weeks ago. I might post a picture soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
Their sta-prest trousers look good and a good price for them too. I'm emailing him now for more info and maybe place an order.
Cheers Jason!

Yes, their Sta-prest trousers do look good; a friend of mine owns half a dozen as they are his favourites. I would get a pair but they are too small for my thights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
The brentons look good. Off-white and azure catch my eyes. Think there will be a Boxing Day sale?

I can't remember a sale at JTG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
How's the quality on their Harringtons? I've been on the lookout for one in beige/cream and the price is right on theirs.

They are ok. I would compare them with Merc Harringtons. Baracuta's G9 jackets are a bit finer and lighter, better quality and more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confab View Post
I like the look of those JTG button downs, would be interested in seeing how they fit.

They are slim fit. I have to get them in one size bigger. However I am not a big fan of JTG shirts. The quality does not convince me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
Are the Dr marten english made boots coming out of the Solovair factory? This is just a random curiosity in my mind.

JTG sells the Regular and the Original "Made in England" line.
I would always go for the Originals as the quality of the leather and the sole is much better. They are produced in Northamptonshire.
post #25 of 294
Ok, who has experience with the trousers? I know they say they're slim and all, but are they legitimately a size smaller than tagged or are they warning people who aren't used to slim pants? Thinking of the navy sta prest pants since i don't have navy pants and they're cheap. In trousers i'm definitely a 32waist so need to make sure they'd fit. I'm sure 34s would probably be too big but worried the 32s will be too tight in the waist/hips for me if they measure EXACTLY 32" and not 16.25-16.5" or something like that
post #26 of 294
Quote:
Sta prest style poly-cotton trouser by Jump the Gun. Our own very slim fitting design. Also available in Brown, Beige, Black. Leg length is 32" only with a 15.5" width bottom. We would recommend looking at our sizing guide in 'help' before ordering these as they are small.

BOOOOO
post #27 of 294
I'd definitely be interested in a fit pic of the Breton jumpers, they look awesome
post #28 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Ok, who has experience with the trousers? I know they say they're slim and all, but are they legitimately a size smaller than tagged or are they warning people who aren't used to slim pants? Thinking of the navy sta prest pants since i don't have navy pants and they're cheap. In trousers i'm definitely a 32waist so need to make sure they'd fit. I'm sure 34s would probably be too big but worried the 32s will be too tight in the waist/hips for me if they measure EXACTLY 32" and not 16.25-16.5" or something like that

I have the same dilemma. I think a 32 would be best for me, but I'm still a little reluctant to take a punt. I had a pair of stapress (don't recall brand) 20 years ago that were perfect. I also tried-on the Merc brand trousers a few years ago - and you definitely need to upsize them.
post #29 of 294
^ Have a look at the help section on the site. I just checked it, and they're far too small in the thigh to ever embrace my squat-loving meat sticks.
post #30 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
Are the Dr marten english made boots coming out of the Solovair factory? This is just a random curiosity in my mind.

Do you know where the button ups are manufactured?

Solovair was the company that Doc Marten licensed to make their boots originally. The air cushion sole is actually Solovair's product, but as Solovair's factory is in Northampton and the UK docs are made in Northampton, it's safe to assume it's from the original factory

Not sure where the shirts are made, but most of their product is UK made

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPantser View Post
BOOOOO

32" is actually pretty long if you are going to wear them as they should, with no break or even a bit high rise. I know guys who are 6'3" that wear a 32 inseam for no break

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
I have the same dilemma. I think a 32 would be best for me, but I'm still a little reluctant to take a punt. I had a pair of stapress (don't recall brand) 20 years ago that were perfect. I also tried-on the Merc brand trousers a few years ago - and you definitely need to upsize them.

I'm def waiting to try on the Sta-Prest in person before buying as their chart seems to be pretty specific but I can wait a couple weeks more, to be sure. I'll def let you know how they fit and what i end up buying
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS