where to find a decent MTM program for shirts/pants? Budget would be 150sgd for either. So far zero MTM experience, only bought OTR.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!) - Page 23post #331 of 3586/3/13 at 9:17pmpost #332 of 3586/3/13 at 10:10pmpost #333 of 3586/4/13 at 7:55ampost #334 of 3586/4/13 at 8:13ampost #335 of 3586/10/13 at 10:03ampost #336 of 3586/11/13 at 2:54amI have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.post #337 of 3587/18/13 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Madmax812
I have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.
Any first-hand experience with Lai En and Madam Neo? The latter seems to get a lot of online praise, but I don't know if it's customer reviews or PR.
I'm looking for good CMT for shirts and pants only. Separate recommendations for each will be best.post #338 of 3587/21/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Lai En made a few batches of shirts for me. Finish is okay and price is right, fit isn't great and they don't adapt well to necessary adjustments. Shirts are holding up pretty well, but the points of the collars seem to be blunting on a couple shirts.
CSM made a couple shirts for me. Fit was decent, but there are lose threads on every button and in other places so the construction seems lower quality. Never tried Madam Neo. I'm still looking for a shirt maker that I would recommend, perhaps I need to go upscale a bit more.post #339 of 3589/1/13 at 7:09ampost #340 of 3589/1/13 at 9:42ampost #341 of 35811/3/13 at 7:18ampost #342 of 3582/4/14 at 12:57amI'm also quite curious where to source *good* tailored shirts in SG - hell, overseas RTW already runs about US$100-150++ so I guess I'd be comfortable paying that much for something that lasts.
Also, if anyone has any cobblers to recommend, please hit me up. My usual guy is great for vibrams but I sure as hell wouldn't dare let him resole my GYW stuff (also, I don't think a single cobbler I've talked to here actually knows what a Goodyear welt is).post #343 of 3582/4/14 at 3:47ampost #344 of 3582/4/14 at 4:28ampost #345 of 3582/4/14 at 7:16ami just emailed them last week. yes for the moment they are only accepting their own but the guy said in a few months they will be accepting other brands too. i had my shoes resoled at junction 8 cobbler, he just peeled away the front part of the original sole and stitched a new one directly into the insole. so i can see the stitching from the inside of the shoes. damn...
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Things you just don't get 43 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 08/26/2016 -- DROWN IN BROWN 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding