where to find a decent MTM program for shirts/pants? Budget would be 150sgd for either. So far zero MTM experience, only bought OTR.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!) - Page 23post #331 of 3516/3/13 at 9:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #332 of 3516/3/13 at 10:10pmpost #333 of 3516/4/13 at 7:55ampost #334 of 3516/4/13 at 8:13ampost #335 of 3516/10/13 at 10:03ampost #336 of 3516/11/13 at 2:54amI have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.post #337 of 3517/18/13 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Madmax812
I have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.
Any first-hand experience with Lai En and Madam Neo? The latter seems to get a lot of online praise, but I don't know if it's customer reviews or PR.
I'm looking for good CMT for shirts and pants only. Separate recommendations for each will be best.post #338 of 3517/21/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Lai En made a few batches of shirts for me. Finish is okay and price is right, fit isn't great and they don't adapt well to necessary adjustments. Shirts are holding up pretty well, but the points of the collars seem to be blunting on a couple shirts.
CSM made a couple shirts for me. Fit was decent, but there are lose threads on every button and in other places so the construction seems lower quality. Never tried Madam Neo. I'm still looking for a shirt maker that I would recommend, perhaps I need to go upscale a bit more.post #339 of 3519/1/13 at 7:09ampost #340 of 3519/1/13 at 9:42ampost #341 of 35111/3/13 at 7:18ampost #342 of 3512/4/14 at 12:57amI'm also quite curious where to source *good* tailored shirts in SG - hell, overseas RTW already runs about US$100-150++ so I guess I'd be comfortable paying that much for something that lasts.
Also, if anyone has any cobblers to recommend, please hit me up. My usual guy is great for vibrams but I sure as hell wouldn't dare let him resole my GYW stuff (also, I don't think a single cobbler I've talked to here actually knows what a Goodyear welt is).post #343 of 3512/4/14 at 3:47ampost #344 of 3512/4/14 at 4:28ampost #345 of 3512/4/14 at 7:16ami just emailed them last week. yes for the moment they are only accepting their own but the guy said in a few months they will be accepting other brands too. i had my shoes resoled at junction 8 cobbler, he just peeled away the front part of the original sole and stitched a new one directly into the insole. so i can see the stitching from the inside of the shoes. damn...
- Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Australian Members 59 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › The Friday Challenge 19th December 2014 - The Novelty Tie Challenge 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin Japan IndigoxIndigo - 14oz Indigo/Indigo Japanese Selvedge -... 9 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...