where to find a decent MTM program for shirts/pants? Budget would be 150sgd for either. So far zero MTM experience, only bought OTR.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!) - Page 23post #331 of 3566/3/13 at 9:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #332 of 3566/3/13 at 10:10pmpost #333 of 3566/4/13 at 7:55ampost #334 of 3566/4/13 at 8:13ampost #335 of 3566/10/13 at 10:03ampost #336 of 3566/11/13 at 2:54amI have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.post #337 of 3567/18/13 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Madmax812
I have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.
Any first-hand experience with Lai En and Madam Neo? The latter seems to get a lot of online praise, but I don't know if it's customer reviews or PR.
I'm looking for good CMT for shirts and pants only. Separate recommendations for each will be best.post #338 of 3567/21/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Lai En made a few batches of shirts for me. Finish is okay and price is right, fit isn't great and they don't adapt well to necessary adjustments. Shirts are holding up pretty well, but the points of the collars seem to be blunting on a couple shirts.
CSM made a couple shirts for me. Fit was decent, but there are lose threads on every button and in other places so the construction seems lower quality. Never tried Madam Neo. I'm still looking for a shirt maker that I would recommend, perhaps I need to go upscale a bit more.post #339 of 3569/1/13 at 7:09ampost #340 of 3569/1/13 at 9:42ampost #341 of 35611/3/13 at 7:18ampost #342 of 3562/4/14 at 12:57amI'm also quite curious where to source *good* tailored shirts in SG - hell, overseas RTW already runs about US$100-150++ so I guess I'd be comfortable paying that much for something that lasts.
Also, if anyone has any cobblers to recommend, please hit me up. My usual guy is great for vibrams but I sure as hell wouldn't dare let him resole my GYW stuff (also, I don't think a single cobbler I've talked to here actually knows what a Goodyear welt is).post #343 of 3562/4/14 at 3:47ampost #344 of 3562/4/14 at 4:28ampost #345 of 3562/4/14 at 7:16ami just emailed them last week. yes for the moment they are only accepting their own but the guy said in a few months they will be accepting other brands too. i had my shoes resoled at junction 8 cobbler, he just peeled away the front part of the original sole and stitched a new one directly into the insole. so i can see the stitching from the inside of the shoes. damn...
- Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?