where to find a decent MTM program for shirts/pants? Budget would be 150sgd for either. So far zero MTM experience, only bought OTR.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!) - Page 23post #331 of 3556/3/13 at 9:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #332 of 3556/3/13 at 10:10pmpost #333 of 3556/4/13 at 7:55ampost #334 of 3556/4/13 at 8:13ampost #335 of 3556/10/13 at 10:03ampost #336 of 3556/11/13 at 2:54amI have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.post #337 of 3557/18/13 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Madmax812
I have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.
I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.
Any first-hand experience with Lai En and Madam Neo? The latter seems to get a lot of online praise, but I don't know if it's customer reviews or PR.
I'm looking for good CMT for shirts and pants only. Separate recommendations for each will be best.post #338 of 3557/21/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Lai En made a few batches of shirts for me. Finish is okay and price is right, fit isn't great and they don't adapt well to necessary adjustments. Shirts are holding up pretty well, but the points of the collars seem to be blunting on a couple shirts.
CSM made a couple shirts for me. Fit was decent, but there are lose threads on every button and in other places so the construction seems lower quality. Never tried Madam Neo. I'm still looking for a shirt maker that I would recommend, perhaps I need to go upscale a bit more.post #339 of 3559/1/13 at 7:09ampost #340 of 3559/1/13 at 9:42ampost #341 of 35511/3/13 at 7:18ampost #342 of 3552/4/14 at 12:57amI'm also quite curious where to source *good* tailored shirts in SG - hell, overseas RTW already runs about US$100-150++ so I guess I'd be comfortable paying that much for something that lasts.
Also, if anyone has any cobblers to recommend, please hit me up. My usual guy is great for vibrams but I sure as hell wouldn't dare let him resole my GYW stuff (also, I don't think a single cobbler I've talked to here actually knows what a Goodyear welt is).post #343 of 3552/4/14 at 3:47ampost #344 of 3552/4/14 at 4:28ampost #345 of 3552/4/14 at 7:16ami just emailed them last week. yes for the moment they are only accepting their own but the guy said in a few months they will be accepting other brands too. i had my shoes resoled at junction 8 cobbler, he just peeled away the front part of the original sole and stitched a new one directly into the insole. so i can see the stitching from the inside of the shoes. damn...
- Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Things that are pissing you off. 25 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...