or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!) - Page 8

post #106 of 346
Looking forward to catching up with you & D this w/end in HKG..

& if you are wondering.. The coat will be too WARM
post #107 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
cute la! look like they have done a good job - congrat's!

+1 and the coat looks nice too!!!
post #108 of 346
gshen, done at the 'usual' place, or somewhere else? My GF's pretty interested in getting one made up.
post #109 of 346
her coat is nice but the sleeve are too short.
post #110 of 346
Are winter coats even nesscessary in Singapore?
post #111 of 346
Hi Gshen, where is this new tailor that you're using? No more love for Nani? How much would CMT for a full suit at the new tailor be?
post #112 of 346
Wow, great thread! 1. In your first pic on the first page, (someone else also asked), what are those shoes?!! VERY nice. oxblood? 2. Girlfriend's coat - I agree the sleeves should probably be a bit longer. Also, may need to have the underarm area taken in a bit and around the thighs. I know it needs some room for walking, and she's wearing skinny jeans so it emphasizes it, but still, it looks a bit skirty/billowy to me.
post #113 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post
Are winter coats even nesscessary in Singapore?

I was thinking the same thing.
post #114 of 346
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaxixi View Post
^ I like it a lot (though perhaps it's the hanger, not the clothes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smahatma View Post
The hanger is cute as a button. Nice find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
cute la! look like they have done a good job - congrat's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post
+1 and the coat looks nice too!!!
Thanks folks! She's blushing IRL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by instep View Post
gshen, done at the 'usual' place, or somewhere else? My GF's pretty interested in getting one made up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon4rings View Post
Hi Gshen, where is this new tailor that you're using? No more love for Nani? How much would CMT for a full suit at the new tailor be?
PM me for more top secret info folks! I'm still Nani's fav customer (self-declared).. instep - it's the same guy who makes my trousers
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
her coat is nice but the sleeve are too short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
Wow, great thread! 1. In your first pic on the first page, (someone else also asked), what are those shoes?!! VERY nice. oxblood? 2. Girlfriend's coat - I agree the sleeves should probably be a bit longer. Also, may need to have the underarm area taken in a bit and around the thighs. I know it needs some room for walking, and she's wearing skinny jeans so it emphasizes it, but still, it looks a bit skirty/billowy to me.
Yeah, I agree coat sleeves might be better about 1/2" longer.. but the sleeve buttonhole is functional..can't change things! Also, she was wearing a really thin top underneath.. will probably look better after real layering? edit: shoes are arthur barker, purchased from Vman off the selling forums. thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post
Are winter coats even nesscessary in Singapore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Airconditioning is brutal in Singapore.. you didn't know? HAHA jk - we need good winter coats for the harsh winter in Finland. At these prices, why buy OTR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
Looking forward to catching up with you & D this w/end in HKG.. & if you are wondering.. The coat will be too WARM
Can't wait mate!
post #115 of 346
If it's your first winter coming from the humid sauna of Singapore, then it could be tough. But my research shows winters in Finland rarely drop below freezing, so that is very bearable. A coat like that will be just fine, and perhaps some lined gloves would help as well. Layer with a nice cashmere sweater and you're done.
post #116 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnose View Post
If it's your first winter coming from the humid sauna of Singapore, then it could be tough. But my research shows winters in Finland rarely drop below freezing, so that is very bearable. A coat like that will be just fine, and perhaps some lined gloves would help as well. Layer with a nice cashmere sweater and you're done.
I've done winter in Sweden. You're completely forgetting about wind and rain (sleet). I agree that coming from Singapore, he'll probably need to wear something 2x as warm as what is 'needed'.
post #117 of 346
where is Iris Tailor located? I would be obliged if you could furnish me with the address-Thanks
post #118 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylomilo View Post
where is Iris Tailor located? I would be obliged if you could furnish me with the address-Thanks

Iris tailor is located at b1-105 of Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road....the shopping heart of Singapore. When you come out of the Orchard MRT subway station, just ask for directions...almost within throwing distance.
post #119 of 346
How much does it cost in general of making a suit? Does this place normally help you for alteration of your own jacket?
post #120 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnose View Post
Iris tailor is located at b1-105 of Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road....the shopping heart of Singapore. When you come out of the Orchard MRT subway station, just ask for directions...almost within throwing distance.
I actually just went this weekend to get them to do some sleeve length alterations to two blazers. The address is wrongly listed on the internet and even at the mall's directory. They have moved 1 level up, but nearly the same location on the first floor. When I got there at 11am on Saturday Nani was not in, so I had to come back 1 hour later. He seemed extremely competent, but his rates were slightly more than expected. $50 to shorten blazer sleeves and another $50 to make functional cuffs which is certainly fair, but definitely seems upmarket compared to his competitors in Lucky Plaza. The two jackets I brought in were cheap finds from Woodbury Commons years ago so I thought no point to spend twice the cost of the jackets on alterations.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)