or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Samurai lovers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samurai lovers - Page 47

post #691 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer36 View Post

What size are those s001jps? Could you let me know what the current measurements are? I am trying to decide between these and the 0500xx. Thanks
the cut is in s5000 silhouette. i intentionally sized up 1 @W34 on them for a slouchier fit. but, they are TTS [ie., if looking for a comfort fit] & SD1 for a slimmer fit.
post #692 of 829
^^Thinking of getting the S003JP have a couple of questions;

True waist is about 34.5, and ideally, I'd like the upper thigh to be about 11.75-12.25 inches post soak

Should I get the 33 or 34? This taking into account all the stretching that will take place after a month or so of wear?

Also, why no love for this cut? S710 gets all the attention ....
post #693 of 829
beacuse the 19oz denim rewards with "better" fades and for me, the S003JP is too slim and I don't like the detailing on it
post #694 of 829
Ok, need the help of the pros here. Finally sacked up and picked up the 710XX in a 33. Seems to be plenty of room everywhere except the waist. Waist is no problem now but a little worried how it will end up after shrinkage.

What say ye Samurai Lovers, keep em or send em back?

234

234
post #695 of 829
waist normally stretches back to raw measurements and even beyond. so if the thighs are ok, then I would say kkep them for a slim fit
post #696 of 829
Allright, into the bathtub they go then! Obviously need to get them hemmed so will probably do 2-3 hot soaks with a hanger in there. Should I be hot soaking then putting them on while still wet? Or just air dry? Does it make a difference?

Gotta say I have never seen anything like this denim before. Admittedly I'm a newbie but this stuff is so thick and hairy. These must take a few weeks of wear before they are remotely comfortable right?
post #697 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal2 View Post

Ok, need the help of the pros here. Finally sacked up and picked up the 710XX in a 33. Seems to be plenty of room everywhere except the waist. Waist is no problem now but a little worried how it will end up after shrinkage.
What say ye Samurai Lovers, keep em or send em back?
234
234

i have that exact cut in a size 34 and i can tell you the upper-thigh will come in about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch depending on how you wash/dry them. they will stretch back out a little bit as well. if they feel tight to you now i would go up to a 34 and you will get an extra 1/4 inch in upper-thigh. dont worry about the waist so much ... getting a good upper-thigh fit is much more important with that cut.

by no means am i an "expert" but i have owned two different pair of 710s (the indigo and black knight) so i know how they shrink/stretch, unless that lot is way different from the last lot which is unlikely.

btw, i think those look good now so you may want to go to a 34 and shrink the hell out of them. you should be okay if you keep the 33 but i would cold wash/soak them and plan to stretch them out ... hang to dry and dont wear a belt, etc. while you are stretching them.

let us know what you do and make sure to post post soak/wash pics.
post #698 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal2 View Post

Allright, into the bathtub they go then! Obviously need to get them hemmed so will probably do 2-3 hot soaks with a hanger in there. Should I be hot soaking then putting them on while still wet? Or just air dry? Does it make a difference?
Gotta say I have never seen anything like this denim before. Admittedly I'm a newbie but this stuff is so thick and hairy. These must take a few weeks of wear before they are remotely comfortable right?

yes, those will take a couple soaks/washes to get all the shrinkage out of them. i always wash all my raw denim twice, but you do not have to.

you of course can soak with them but that denim is so heavy wet (and dry) that it would be a total pain in the ass. if you want them to conform to your body you can always put them on before they are totally dry (i do this sometimes) but that denim is will eventually conform to you anyway after a few wears. it really is one of the finest denims out there right now and certainly the best cut produced.
post #699 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post

i have that exact cut in a size 34 and i can tell you the upper-thigh will come in about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch depending on how you wash/dry them. they will stretch back out a little bit as well. if they feel tight to you now i would go up to a 34 and you will get an extra 1/4 inch in upper-thigh. dont worry about the waist so much ... getting a good upper-thigh fit is much more important with that cut.
by no means am i an "expert" but i have owned two different pair of 710s (the indigo and black knight) so i know how they shrink/stretch, unless that lot is way different from the last lot which is unlikely.
btw, i think those look good now so you may want to go to a 34 and shrink the hell out of them. you should be okay if you keep the 33 but i would cold wash/soak them and plan to stretch them out ... hang to dry and dont wear a belt, etc. while you are stretching them.
let us know what you do and make sure to post post soak/wash pics.
Upper thigh def has plenty of room at the moment, fit says this and tape agrees- they have about 1/2 inch more than my 1yo APC NS. So if they come in by 1/2 inch they should be just about perfect.

Thanks for the tips and will def post measurements & photos.
post #700 of 829
Question, when people say 2-3 hot soaks... do they mean hot soak for 60-90min, air dry, repeat? Or is it sufficient to drain the water after that time and refill with hot water?

In other words is drying in between a necessary step or not?

Also, inside out or not? Doesn't seem like it would matter in a soak. Washing machine it makes sense... prevent abrasion.

Thanks for helping out a n00b! Searched a bit on these topics but haven't found anything conclusive.
post #701 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal2 View Post

Question, when people say 2-3 hot soaks... do they mean hot soak for 60-90min, air dry, repeat? Or is it sufficient to drain the water after that time and refill with hot water?
In other words is drying in between a necessary step or not?
Also, inside out or not? Doesn't seem like it would matter in a soak. Washing machine it makes sense... prevent abrasion.
Thanks for helping out a n00b! Searched a bit on these topics but haven't found anything conclusive.

you can do it however you want. personally, i use the hand wash cycle in my washer with cold/hot water and then hang to dry. always do so inside out. some people only soak ... its just a preference. if i were you (assuming you decided to keep them) i would do the first soak/wash and hang dry to see where you are with the fit. if you still have a little room you can do another wash/soak in warmer water and hang to dry to get any remaining shrinkage out of the way. if they are super tight after the first wash i would not do another soak/wash until you stretched them out. you can get the length taken up but tell them to leave an extra 1/4 in the length to account for the 2nd wash (its a good idea to do this anyway ... you dont want the length to get fucked up).
Edited by whatever123 - 12/6/11 at 9:44am
post #702 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal2 View Post

Question, when people say 2-3 hot soaks... do they mean hot soak for 60-90min, air dry, repeat? Or is it sufficient to drain the water after that time and refill with hot water?
In other words is drying in between a necessary step or not?

Also, inside out or not? Doesn't seem like it would matter in a soak. Washing machine it makes sense... prevent abrasion.
Thanks for helping out a n00b! Searched a bit on these topics but haven't found anything conclusive.

I've tried it both ways with Samurai denim, and for me, I got more shrinkage when I dried in-between soaks. Not sure of the science of why that happened, but it was what I experienced.

With soaks, inside out or not doesn't really matter. I personally do inside-out strictly out of habit.
post #703 of 829
I do it exatly like commoderewheeler smile.gif

man I gotta buy me a new pair of 710s soon...
post #704 of 829
Air drying now after a 60min soak in the tub w/ hottest tap water. So F-in heavy when wet! And wrestling a pants hanger into the belt loops to hang up was a challenge.

Think I will try what whatever suggested, let these dry and wear for a bit to scope the fit. Then do another soak in a couple days to pull some more shrinkage out.

Not relishing the thought of having to button / unbutton these to take a leak...
post #705 of 829
Wearing em dry now after letting them drip dry for about 3h. Fit is fine, seem to be pretty much spot on everywhere. Will prob soak again tomorrow since if they fit well now I'm sure they'll be loose once they stretch. Able to button them up all the way now, was a challenge on some of the fly buttons for sure!

Raw -> still damp measurements

samurai S710XX lot 14, tagged 33

waist 34 / 34
inseam 39 / 37
front rise 11.75 / 11.25
leg opening 8.25 / 8
knee 9.5 (forgot to grab this)
upper thigh 12.25 / 11.75
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Samurai lovers