or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Samurai lovers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samurai lovers - Page 45

post #661 of 829

i love my s5000vx 17oz zero model, since July, 18 2011 till the end :) 

1.jpg

 

post #662 of 829
BiG x Samurai= BLUE SHADOW

basically, an exact cut proportion as 710XX, only in VX denim & JIN metal trims & pocket bags. Gordon said it's not popular right now, due to the color of the arc thread__ electric blue-ish.

imo, like a moth to the flame, that's what got my interest. at any rate, arcs fall off or if ever the novelty of it wears out, i'll have my way w/ a reaper. only 57 pairs made exclusively for BiG. fit photos to follow:

SD1 @tagged W32
Post dbl hot soak/RAW measurements:
w=33/33.5 [w/hanger chucked thru the entire soak&dry]
f/rise= 10.5/11
b/rise= 14/14.5
u/t= 12/12.25 [@1" down from crotch= 11.75/12]
kne= 8.75/9
l/o= 8/8.25
ins= 37/39

710VXpatch.jpg

710VX.jpg

710VXarc.jpg

710VXfly.jpg

710VXware.jpg
post #663 of 829
What is different really besides the arcs being blue? Is there a bright blue thread in the fabric also? Isn't vx denim suppose to be slubbier?

They are tempting but I really need to stop buying so many jeans arghhh
post #664 of 829
main differences [really] were as mentioned__ lighter VX denim @17oz [instead of the 19oz XX] + JINs buttons, rivets, & pocket bags. the denim used was deadstock leftover from an old s5000VX prodn lot.
post #665 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

main differences [really] were as mentioned__ lighter VX denim @17oz [instead of the 19oz XX] + JINs buttons, rivets, & pocket bags. the denim used was deadstock leftover from an old s5000VX prodn lot.

I am seeing hints of blue threads in the denim. Is that something that was featured in s5000vx in the past as well? or is it there because it is blue shadow edition?
post #666 of 829
denim is deadstock, not a new production. if you're not familiar the 5000vx, the weft is undyed__ like regular denim. if you're interested w/blue-dyed weft, check out the Samurai "Element" model, s5000GX-M [Water].
post #667 of 829
April92011Retire1.jpg

Finally got around to getting a picture of my samuari's S5000VX that are 2.3 years old. I retired them about 8 months ago and switched to the pair on the right (flathead).
post #668 of 829
Dear Samurai Lovers:

My friend was on vacation to Okinawa so I asked him to grab me some samurais from U Denim & Life. Initially I was thinking S5000VX24 because BiG was sold out of my size. I had a last minute change of heart and told him to grab me some standard S5000VX (17oz) because if he screwed up it would be a cheaper mistake. My first samurais btw.

Even though I gave him very specific directions to get me a pair with 34in waist pre-soak, he got me a pair of 35x36 lot 14. I measure them to be about 35.5 inch in the waist.

I really wish he got me the 34 waist, but I am contemplating keeping the pair if they shrink enough (length is not an issue). I was thinking really hot soak, air dry, really hot soak, dryer till hot, then really hot soak and air dry...... here are some pics of the pair pre-soak. The last pair of shrink to fits I wore were the Roy's. I got a size 35 (actual waist size) and the waist stretched out more than I expected. A few weeks ago I put them in the dryer to shrink them down a bit and now they are a decent fit, a little loose, but comfortable.

Anyways, what do you think about this pair? Should i try to shrink and keep, or should i try to sell?

624

624

624
post #669 of 829
@Horty: sell or trade. what's your true size+height+weight? from above pix, imo, you need a W33 or even a W32__ VX stretch a ton. i'm 5'11" x 175 lbs & TTS W33 on most japs & i usually SD1 @W32 on 5000VX for a [comfort] slimmish fit__ some kids even SD2.
post #670 of 829
IMO a 32 would be too much. The thighs might get too small. A 34 could work and instead of giving the pair 3 hot soaks and the tumble dryer treatment, one soak, air dry and a hot machine wash would be also an option.
post #671 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

@Horty: sell or trade. what's your true size+height+weight? from above pix, imo, you need a W33 or even a W32__ VX stretch a ton. i'm 5'11" x 175 lbs & TTS W33 on most japs & i usually SD1 @W32 on 5000VX for a [comfort] slimmish fit__ some kids even SD2.

I'm 6'2" x 180 and 33.5-34 waist. I usually buy W33 in sanforized denim. My Ande Whall Cougars in W33 were a little tight at first but have stretched out to the perfect size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK View Post

IMO a 32 would be too much. The thighs might get too small. A 34 could work and instead of giving the pair 3 hot soaks and the tumble dryer treatment, one soak, air dry and a hot machine wash would be also an option.

I will look for a pair of S5000VX between 33-34. Maybe the BiG blue shadow edition in Tag size 33 which is waist 34.

Thanks again for the constructive comments
post #672 of 829
keep in mind that the Blue Shadow comes in a different fit. But maybe you like the tapered fit of the 710 cut (Blue Shadow) better than the straight leg of the S5000VX
post #673 of 829
Here are pics of my S500JX-LRs after 8 months of part-time wear. I can't wear jeans at work anymore, so my wear has been limited to evenings and weekends, and these have also been in rotation with a pair of slimmer jeans for when I wear sleeker shoes. They've had 2 hot soaks, both within the first month of wear, and one hot hand wash at about 6 months.

467

263

467

263
post #674 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

BiG x Samurai= BLUE SHADOW
basically, an exact cut proportion as 710XX, only in VX denim & JIN metal trims & pocket bags. Gordon said it's not popular right now, due to the color of the arc thread__ electric blue-ish.
imo, like a moth to the flame, that's what got my interest. at any rate, arcs fall off or if ever the novelty of it wears out, i'll have my way w/ a reaper. only 57 pairs made exclusively for BiG. fit photos to follow:
SD1 @tagged W32
Post dbl hot soak/RAW measurements:
w=33/33.5 [w/hanger chucked thru the entire soak&dry]
f/rise= 10.5/11
b/rise= 14/14.5
u/t= 12/12.25 [@1" down from crotch= 11.75/12]
kne= 8.75/9
l/o= 8/8.25
ins= 37/39

I've been lusting over these a bit on the BiG site and might move fwd with a pair after seeing these pics... help on sizing? Rocking new standard in 32 for about 10 mo now which are my first pair of nice jeans. They are pretty big in the waist but just about right in the legs. I'm ordinarily a 33 in most pants and my true waist measures to a 33. Are your measurements straight out of the soak or after a bit of wear? Wondering if I should get the 33 or 34...

Also question on the length... I have midget legs, wear a 30" inseam in most pants. My NS I have been rocking a massive double cuff but would like to go a different look on these... what do folks do in a situation like this? Quandry is compounded by the fact that I live in VT so little access to a good shop to have them hemmed later on down the line. I was thinking of having BiG hot soak and then chain stitch hem to 32" or something? Rock a short single cuff or a stack and re-evaluate as they shrink more with age?

First pair of "better", jap, unsanforized denim, so thanks in advance for whatever assistance you can provide.
post #675 of 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal2 View Post

I've been lusting over these a bit on the BiG site and might move fwd with a pair after seeing these pics... help on sizing? Rocking new standard in 32 for about 10 mo now which are my first pair of nice jeans. They are pretty big in the waist but just about right in the legs. I'm ordinarily a 33 in most pants and my true waist measures to a 33. Are your measurements straight out of the soak or after a bit of wear? Wondering if I should get the 33 or 34...
Also question on the length... I have midget legs, wear a 30" inseam in most pants. My NS I have been rocking a massive double cuff but would like to go a different look on these... what do folks do in a situation like this? Quandry is compounded by the fact that I live in VT so little access to a good shop to have them hemmed later on down the line. I was thinking of having BiG hot soak and then chain stitch hem to 32" or something? Rock a short single cuff or a stack and re-evaluate as they shrink more with age?
First pair of "better", jap, unsanforized denim, so thanks in advance for whatever assistance you can provide.

If your actual waist measurement is 33", then I would get a size 33 in the Samurai 710, but you might want to re-measure your waist to double-check that, because most people who wear a 32 in the NS have an actual waist measurement of 34", unless you are purposely wearing the NS a little bit loose.

Nothing wrong with your idea of getting the inseam hemmed to 32" after a soak. You can probably rock a single cuff at that length, or if you don't cuff, you'll get a little bit of stacking, but nothing excessive.

EDIT: Just saw that you said that your NS are loose in the waist. Yeah, I would go with the size 33 on the 710s then.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Samurai lovers