or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Samurai lovers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samurai lovers - Page 20

post #286 of 836
sorry no info available. But I think 3 years could achieve that look (if you're poly800rock)
post #287 of 836
geisha denim looks amazing
post #288 of 836
S500JX-LR (contest jeans)





Selvage detail on the fly! Very long waistband chainstitch thread



The leather patch (was fvcking thirsty)



The flasher



Fully lined backpockets



Little present



Pre-soak fit pic

post #289 of 836
How much will the Samurai S5000VX and Samurai SO210XJ shrink in the legs and waist?
post #290 of 836
Great looking jeans, can't wait to see post-soak fit!
post #291 of 836
Good looking stuff guys! I have been thinking about getting a pair of Sam's (S710 Lot 13). From what I read it does take a few real washings to get all the shrinkage out of the way, I am just worried that they will shrink up too much inseam wise. With the 710's starting at a 39 inseam, any owners know if that shrinks up to be smaller than a 36 inseam? Any help is greatly appreciated
post #292 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
How much will the Samurai S5000VX and Samurai SO210XJ shrink in the legs and waist?

With multiple hot washes, pretty much all Samurais shrink about 2-2.5" in the waist and about 3" in the inseam. The waist stretches back out pretty easily, Sams have a lot of stretching ability.
post #293 of 836
I am waiting on Rakuten to ship me my 0210XJ's & 0710ZXX's in size 31....any day now.

Also I have a pair of gently gently used(5 wears if that and 5 hot soaks, no washes) size 33 O210xj's for a great price if anyone is interested!!!
post #294 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS View Post
I am waiting on Rakuten to ship me my 0210XJ's & 0710ZXX's in size 31....any day now. Also I have a pair of gently gently used(5 wears if that and 5 hot soaks, no washes) size 33 O210xj's for a great price if anyone is interested!!!
where did you buy the s0210xjs? do you have any pics of them. i might be interested. are they the 07 ed. or the 10 ed.?
post #295 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK View Post
S500JX-LR (contest jeans) Fully lined backpockets
they made a shirt out of that same material (or maybe its just the same pattern) a couple seasons ago. i almost bought the shirt.
post #296 of 836
Beautiful jeans freak.
post #297 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_gnarly View Post
I have been thinking about getting a pair of Sam's (S710 Lot 13). From what I read it does take a few real washings to get all the shrinkage out of the way, I am just worried that they will shrink up too much inseam wise. With the 710's starting at a 39 inseam, any owners know if that shrinks up to be smaller than a 36 inseam? Any help is greatly appreciated

I just picked up a pair of these in size 30. After a nearly 2 hour soak in warm water (no agitation) and a day of wear the inseam is 37.25". I measured the inseam at 38, though, when they were raw. Actually, all my raw measurements came out to be 5-10% smaller than advertised. Maybe my technique was just off, but it seems hard to screw up knee, leg opening and inseam measurements.

So, if anything can be drawn from this experience, I guess it's: "Yeah, it takes a bit of effort to shrink these."
post #298 of 836
so I got my buddy to be obsessed with Samurais, because of the name, he has no style to say the least but I told him that he needed to get a pair of raw denim. So he asked what kind of brands there were and I named off a list and he picked Samurais lol.

Anywho, He's a 29 in levi's and his thighs are muscular, he couldn't fit into the 514s cause of his thighs. Which Samurai would be best for him?
post #299 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hataraki_man View Post
I just picked up a pair of these in size 30. After a nearly 2 hour soak in warm water (no agitation) and a day of wear the inseam is 37.25". I measured the inseam at 38, though, when they were raw. Actually, all my raw measurements came out to be 5-10% smaller than advertised. Maybe my technique was just off, but it seems hard to screw up knee, leg opening and inseam measurements. So, if anything can be drawn from this experience, I guess it's: "Yeah, it takes a bit of effort to shrink these."
Cold and warm soaks don't cause a lot of shrinkage. If you soak again in hot water, I'll bet that you get at least another inch of shrinkage in the inseam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
so I got my buddy to be obsessed with Samurais, because of the name, he has no style to say the least but I told him that he needed to get a pair of raw denim. So he asked what kind of brands there were and I named off a list and he picked Samurais lol. Anywho, He's a 29 in levi's and his thighs are muscular, he couldn't fit into the 514s cause of his thighs. Which Samurai would be best for him?
Sounds like he should probably stay away from slim fits. I would recommend the S5000, and if that isn't wide enough, try the S0510.
post #300 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
so I got my buddy to be obsessed with Samurais, because of the name, he has no style to say the least but I told him that he needed to get a pair of raw denim. So he asked what kind of brands there were and I named off a list and he picked Samurais lol.

Anywho, He's a 29 in levi's and his thighs are muscular, he couldn't fit into the 514s cause of his thighs. Which Samurai would be best for him?

500 cut might work or if he needs an extra 1/2-3/4 in the upper-thigh the 5000 cut. being obsessed with samurais is not a bad thing. i am too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Samurai lovers