or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?

post #1 of 127
Thread Starter 
This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

A common approach seems to be, step 1: graduate. Step 2: marry college sweet heart. Step 3: 20 years later, divorce for a younger, more virile spouse model.

Shouldn't you just mess around for 20 more years and then find your wife? Seems like a better financial decision.

Or am I just way too shallow?
post #2 of 127
Marry both. At the same time. And don't tell them about each other! Then fake your own death and watch with amusement from afar at them attacking each other over your coffin. This seems to be the only sensible option.
post #3 of 127
doesn't matter but my friend says half your age + 7 years.
post #4 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Marry both. At the same time. And don't tell them about each other! Then fake your own death and watch with amusement from afar at them attacking each other over your coffin.

This seems to be the only sensible option.

Pure genius!
post #5 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
doesn't matter but my friend says half your age + 7 years.
I've heard of this before. That'd be cool if, once married, your wife stayed that age (half your age + 7). Kind of like doggie years or something
post #6 of 127
things that make you go hmm...
post #7 of 127
Who cares? American marriages are a joke anyway and more than half end in divorce.
post #8 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharlika View Post
Who cares? American marriages are a joke anyway and more than half end in divorce.

Ah, so 1 vote for marry and divorce?
post #9 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze View Post
This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

A common approach seems to be, step 1: graduate. Step 2: marry college sweet heart. Step 3: 20 years later, divorce for a younger, more virile spouse model.

If you are finding your women insufficiently virile, the problem may be that you are looking for virility in a woman. Try men.
post #10 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1FF View Post
If you are finding your women insufficiently virile, the problem may be that you are looking for virility in a woman. Try men.

Wtf? I knew something was wrong with me

Let's just say "hot."

p.s. I feel like the pro athlete at a press conference using fancy vocabulary incorrectly.
post #11 of 127
Bleh, can't help it. My fiancee is 10 months older than I am. Somehow I always seem to end up with women just about a little older than my age. The last few I can think of were from +1 month to +4 years. In fact, the last woman I had that was younger than I was was in high school. Luckily my fiancee is Asian. If my half-Chinese cutie grandma is anything to go by (plus obviously all the non-aging Asians I see around the place), I'm good.
post #12 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbie View Post
Bleh, can't help it. My fiancee is 10 months older than I am.

Somehow I always seem to end up with women just about a little older than my age. The last few I can think of were from +1 month to +4 years. In fact, the last woman I had that was younger than I was was in high school.

Luckily my fiancee is Asian. If my half-Chinese cutie grandma is anything to go by (plus obviously all the non-aging Asians I see around the place), I'm good.

Ah, perfect. Just the kind of guy I am looking for. Not trying to be too personal, but have you ever put much thought into this?

Are you just excepting of this, and love is more important?

Not trying to ruin your engagement
post #13 of 127
I'm not gonna lie, I've thought about "aging" and wonder if I will cast my eye towards a "nubile, young thing" when I get older. I've seen it happen lots around me with my parents friends and with society in general. However, I'm not going to give up a great thing for what could be. Our sex life is great, she's intelligent so we can talk (even if we have different interests), she treats me well, isn't materialistic and she's a looker. She isn't perfect but neither am I. There is way more good than bad in our relationship and it's not worth all of that just to have a younger woman.
post #14 of 127
Thread Starter 
But not a "virile young thing," right?
post #15 of 127
I think more important than aging is just preventing flabby upper arms. I can't stand those. I notice them more and more lately too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?