or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › OMG! Mafoofan Sighting in NYC!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OMG! Mafoofan Sighting in NYC!! - Page 3

post #31 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I made a comment about how the regimental ties were mostly made in the U.S. and Ireland whereas they were nearly all Chinese-made the last time I was in the store.

When I was in there a year ago, one of the salesman said that the Chinese-made merch on offer previously made their stalwarts have a cow.

J. Press' Japanese overlords learned their lesson, and it was not re-ordered.
post #32 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
They all look alike.

what a racist thing to say, you must not know any ASIANS , right???

hehehe just kidding
post #33 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I made a comment about how the regimental ties were mostly made in the U.S. and Ireland whereas they were nearly all Chinese-made the last time I was in the store.
Although you were duty bound to comment on the tie choices of origin, being asked if you are an AAAC member is quite a besmirchment on your honor. I am surprised you did not step back and draw your sword cane.
post #34 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
Although you were duty bound to comment on the tie choices of origin, being asked if you are an AAAC member is quite a besmirchment on your honor. I am surprised you did not step back and draw your sword cane.

He probably only wanted to know in which direction to point him? "AAAC? The socks and underwear are over there.."
post #35 of 416
I feel like I should quote Jamgood or Kav here, but I don't know which of their works would be appropriate.
post #36 of 416
Let's not, I am still re-jiggering my brain back to reality after that last clusterfuck with the Simon and Garfunkel song..
post #37 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
He probably only wanted to know in which direction to point him? "AAAC? The socks and underwear are over there.."
Or set him up with a desk and every suit swatch book so he could spend hours scouring them and then not order anything.
post #38 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
Or set him up with a desk and every suit swatch book so he could spend hours scouring them and then not order anything.

post #39 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Yep - at J. Press - I walked out a minute after you came in. I only looked up to notice you when the salesman asked if you were a member of AAAC. And I was much disappointed when you replied "Yes" rather than slapping him with your gloves and saying "I'm a SF man, beatch!"


At which point you should have shouted something like "you like it, the lamb?!?!?!?" or something about black suits and then dashed off
post #40 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyquik View Post
At which point you should have shouted something like "you like it, the lamb?!?!?!?" or something about black suits and then dashed off
What's wrong with black suits?
post #41 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyquik View Post
At which point you should have shouted something like "you like it, the lamb?!?!?!?" or something about black suits and then dashed off
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83glt View Post
What's wrong with black suits?
post #42 of 416
He was in Chicago for a while right? Saw him on Wabash once with his precious Ambrosi pants and some well dressed fellow in a brown suit. Rather diminutive as I remember. Short, but stylish!
post #43 of 416
This thread is uber-creepy.
post #44 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingClassHero View Post
He was in Chicago for a while right? Saw him on Wabash once with his precious Ambrosi pants and some well dressed fellow in a brown suit. Rather diminutive as I remember. Short, but stylish!

Ah. You may have spotted me with Uppercase after lunch.
post #45 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
This thread is uber-creepy.

Better to know than not know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › OMG! Mafoofan Sighting in NYC!!