or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 667  

post #9991 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
I've seen a very similar one at BB store,it was retailing for $1500.Does Swaine make briefcases for BB?

Either Swaine or Papworth (which is a division of Swaine, but has less handwork). My brother has a Brooks case and he maintains it's Swaine (from talking to an elderly salesman at 346). My only knowledge of Brooks Peal English leather goods (from long ago) is that Swaine made 'em. I really think, $1,295 or not, that this is an opportunity. Prices are skyrocketing at Classic Luggage (I bought my new Swaine there two years ago-the single-gusset flapover no 14-$850 then but $1,250 now).

Regards,

Steven
post #9992 of 14986
I have a Brooks (labeled "Peal & Co.") bridle leather lid-over-box. It came with an insert on how to care for the leather with the SAB name, address, royal warrants, etc.

I exchanged e-mails with SAB about it (and to purchase their hide food -- great stuff). I also sent them pictures of the case and the Peal label. They confirmed that they it's theirs, but that it is from their machine-made series. Nonetheless, it's a great case, and I expect to carry it forever.

One of these days, I'll post it in the briefcase thread, as soon as I learn how to include pictures in my posts. . . .
post #9993 of 14986
post #9994 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon12 View Post

well, they're not from the great gatsby era, that's for sure.
post #9995 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy View Post
well, they're not from the great gatsby era, that's for sure.

Oh, I remember seeing them on the Ralph Lauren website in 1925. We had to hand crank our Internets then. Instead of a modem, each computer had its own Bell Operator girl at a switchboard. Every time amerikajinda posted a tin-type of some bathing beauty we'd blow several vacuum tubes.
post #9996 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT View Post
New Swaine London Tan belted briefcase. $1,299 BIN. The reality of current retail or even EBay prices for Swaine has not sunk in yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Swaine-Adeney-Br...QQcmdZViewItem

*sigh*
post #9997 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
*sigh*

If it's any consolation, that's the same model I grouse about.
post #9998 of 14986
I got my Waterman pens today. I was pleasantly surprised that the pens are made in France and the ink comes from the US. At that price I was sure they'd come from China like current Cross pens. I am too lazy to check whether they are still available but IMHO the blue version is much nicer than the black one. It has a really nifty marbleized finish. They both come with black ink.
post #9999 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Oh, I remember seeing them on the Ralph Lauren website in 1925. We had to hand crank our Internets then. Instead of a modem, each computer had its own Bell Operator girl at a switchboard. Every time amerikajinda posted a tin-type of some bathing beauty we'd blow several vacuum tubes.

So you called them "vacuum tubes" back then, eh?
post #10000 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
I got my Waterman pens today. I was pleasantly surprised that the pens are made in France and the ink comes from the US. At that price I was sure they'd come from China like current Cross pens.

I am too lazy to check whether they are still available but IMHO the blue version is much nicer than the black one. It has a really nifty marbleized finish. They both come with black ink.


I received my pens also. I was dissapointed and though the blue looked way cheaper than the black.
post #10001 of 14986
Great deal from Ron on a size 9 Martegani captoe bal -- $95 BIN!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Romano-Martegani...742.m153.l1262
post #10002 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
If it's any consolation, that's the same model I grouse about.
Did somebody say grouse? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VICTORIAN-EDWA...d=p3286.c0.m14 And for the woman in your life, a Victorian tiger claw brooch set in gold: http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-GOLD-MOU...QQcmdZViewItem
post #10003 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Great deal from Ron on a size 9 Martegani captoe bal -- $95 BIN!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Romano-Martegani...742.m153.l1262

Also from Ron, a unique Blue Martegani Captoe if you're Yao Ming or trying to make up for a deficiency elsewhere:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Romano-Martegani...QQcmdZViewItem
post #10004 of 14986
I know somewhere there is a thread but is a Sutor monk a generous shoe (Italian) like Martegani or is it more of an American size shoe? I am a UK10F/44/44.5 USA usually 11E. What size Sutor do I need? A lot of the comment on STP is that the Sutor monks are narrow/tight/small fits...
post #10005 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post
So how could one make this style better through AE's made to order program?

Prepare to be suprised.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Allen-Edmonds-Wi...742.m153.l1262

Thanks I saw them and lost the link...I think they are probably one of the best AEs I have seen.

How to change them for better? They could also be made into a brown and white spectator like Cap'n Hastings wears on the episode of Poirot when they visit Egypt on the Med cruise and all walk around the docks in fab 1930s winter white/cream linen suits.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata