or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 652  

post #9766 of 14986
@Lawman -those shoes are suhweet.
post #9767 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Brigg silver duck's head handle for cane or umbrella:

http://cgi.ebay.com/19c-Brigg-Solid-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #9768 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack View Post
I would love to know this seller's story. He has probably sold eight or ten pair of shell cordovan shoes in the last year or so - all 11.5, so I believe they're his. I just don't understand the logic of buying a bunch of shell, wearing it for a year or so and then selling it off. Anhow, good stuff if you're an 11.5.


Why don't you ask him, he's a member of the forum.
post #9769 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack View Post
I would love to know this seller's story. He has probably sold eight or ten pair of shell cordovan shoes in the last year or so - all 11.5, so I believe they're his. I just don't understand the logic of buying a bunch of shell, wearing it for a year or so and then selling it off. Anhow, good stuff if you're an 11.5.
Phil is a great seller and I've purchased lots of shoes from him. He is a member here (though he hasn't visited in awhile) as well as an active member over at AAAC.
post #9770 of 14986
post #9771 of 14986
Thread Starter 
post #9772 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post


RJman,
how many hours (on average) do you spend on eBay every day?
post #9773 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post

Wow, you can kick a lot o shit with them...
post #9774 of 14986
Some nice C&J for RL from GVH:

8.5 tan sheldon monks easily polished a darker shade to match.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GVH-RALPH-LAUREN...QQcmdZViewItem

10.5 Black Bentons. Left shoe is wide
http://cgi.ebay.com/GVH-RALPH-LAUREN...QQcmdZViewItem

10 McCallum boots
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-POLO-RALPH-L...QQcmdZViewItem

11 Shell Marlow loafers

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-POLO-RALPH-L...QQcmdZViewItem
post #9775 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
Why don't you ask him, he's a member of the forum.

Yeah, I think I tried to look up the ebay user ID here once and didn't find a match. I guess I don't probably care enough to start questioning the seller, it's just a oddity to me more than anything. I remember the first batch I saw him sell off a year or so ago included an Alden shell longwing in Whiskey I think and maybe a Cigar chukka. I remember being pissed that there were about five pair of lightly used Alden shell shoes in some odd configurations that were just a touch too big for me. I have always assumed the shoes came from the same wearer (whether the seller or not) because any shoes I've seen him sell have been 11.5. I guess it's seemed curious to me because I tend to not rotate my shell shoes quite so often.
post #9776 of 14986
His username is "phil" on both forums. He's kind of like Brian, but instead of going through Santoni's he goes through Alden's.
post #9777 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
RJman,
how many hours (on average) do you spend on eBay every day?

About 20 minutes. I have a number of targeted searches, and if I find anything that might be interesting that I can't use, I link it here.

These are very cool and recall the shoe cufflinks Berluti is selling -- loafer cufflinks by Mappin & Webb:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-80s-SILVER-...QQcmdZViewItem

Hermes crocodile sac a depeches, live auction:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/479...spagenameZWDVW

Valextra credit card holder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTADOCUMENTI-I...QQcmdZViewItem

Bespoke Lobbs, live auction -- Tajan/Artcurial clearly don't have any idea how to sell things on ebay:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/592...spagenameZWDVW

Gidden saddle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/quality-olympic-...QQcmdZViewItem

Wildsmith hinged shoe trees:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Interesting-Vint...QQcmdZViewItem

Very cute SAB fox cufflinks:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Swaine-Adeney-si...QQcmdZViewItem

Hackett picture book "Mr. Classic" at cheapest BIN, US shipping included:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007
post #9778 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Hermes crocodile sac a depeches, live auction:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/479...spagenameZWDVW


I thought your posted crocodile bag had a high start price until I saw this Hermes Kelly bag starting at $12,785!

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/559...spagenameZWDVW

Also note that this seller has 700 Hermes items for sale simultaneously.
post #9779 of 14986
Cool pair of Alden NST bluchers in scotch grain shell - and 1/2 size too small for me

http://cgi.ebay.com/AsNew-ALDEN-Shel...QQcmdZViewItem
post #9780 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
I thought your posted crocodile bag had a high start price until I saw this Hermes Kelly bag starting at $12,785!

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/559...spagenameZWDVW

Also note that this seller has 700 Hermes items for sale simultaneously.

A similar Hermes crocodile sac a depeches (used) is often on ebay for $38,000 BIN.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata