or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 582  

post #8716 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterpig View Post
Are those yours? That's a damn good deal!

No, not mine. Just posting a great deal, at least IMO.
post #8717 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterpig View Post
Are those yours? That's a damn good deal!

fantastic deal. even I'm debating whether I need my toes.
post #8718 of 14986
Gotta have small feet though. 45E here, or they'd be mine!
post #8719 of 14986
Who makes these made in the USA Brooks Brothers loafers? Black tassel loafer, size 8B:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICE-Mens-shoes-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #8720 of 14986
Damn, I want those AEs. I'm usually a 7.5 US, but it really depends on the shoe company. Would you guys say AEs run typically small and narrow or large and wide? I haven't had the chance to try on any park aves in my size, so I don't know what to expect. I've tried on only some odd AE's at neiman marcus last call and those were like EEE...so I don't know what to expect. Bottom line...too small to even think about this? Will I regret it and waste my money and time?
post #8721 of 14986
this is the rarest of the rare, all white Florsheim Kenmoors. http://cgi.ebay.com/Florsheim-Imperi...1870QQihZ016QQ
post #8722 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterpig View Post
Who makes these made in the USA Brooks Brothers loafers? Black tassel loafer, size 8B:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICE-Mens-shoes-...QQcmdZViewItem

alden.
post #8723 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrlawyer View Post
Damn, I want those AEs. I'm usually a 7.5 US, but it really depends on the shoe company. Would you guys say AEs run typically small and narrow or large and wide? I haven't had the chance to try on any park aves in my size, so I don't know what to expect. I've tried on only some odd AE's at neiman marcus last call and those were like EEE...so I don't know what to expect.

Bottom line...too small to even think about this? Will I regret it and waste my money and time?

AE's are typically considered "standard" USA fitting, but the Park Avenue is a little bit longer and narrower/flatter.
post #8724 of 14986
You'd think they'd post measurements.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CIVIL-WAR-PROPHY...QQcmdZViewItem

(Perhaps NSFW)
post #8725 of 14986
I guess that's one of The Things They Carried (tm)
post #8726 of 14986
Thread Starter 
No one wants the Lobb Paris bespoke shoe trees? Very distinguished!
http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Lobb-Vintag...QQcmdZViewItem

Brown snakeskin cigar case (not racing green lizzard)
http://cgi.ebay.com/SNAKE-SKIN-SILVE...QQcmdZViewItem

Gieves kit box:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Kit-Box-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #8727 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post
Hmm, that blog is weird. Apparently my 'provide a little competition' remark was taken as some personal challenge. I was going to send him a message via ebay, just to 'make peace' but decided against it. I guess it's not going to make things any better. The internet is an odd place, personalities tend to clash even when both parties have the best of intentions.


His blog is now locked. This thread gets results!
post #8728 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post
There is one of those EG-esque 'patches' on the inside, inner aspect, but nothing is written in them.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Those Ede & Ravenscroft shoes with the"windows" or "patches" left blank are made by Cheaney. EG has done recently a few ranges for E&R, but they're all marked with "EG for E&R".

EG has become rather famous in recent years, nobody, (apart from RLPL) sells EG anymore as private label, they're always double-labelled.
post #8729 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
Sorry to disappoint you.

Those Ede & Ravenscroft shoes with the"windows" or "patches" left blank are made by Cheaney. EG has done recently a few ranges for E&R, but they're all marked with "EG for E&R".

EG has become rather famous in recent years, nobody, (apart from RLPL) sells EG anymore as private label, they're always double-labelled.

No problem. Close channelled formal shoes for 25 quid, they are a bargain.
post #8730 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
Sorry to disappoint you.

Those Ede & Ravenscroft shoes with the"windows" or "patches" left blank are made by Cheaney. EG has done recently a few ranges for E&R, but they're all marked with "EG for E&R".
pwned by bengal.
Quote:
EG has become rather famous in recent years, nobody, (apart from RLPL) sells EG anymore as private label, they're always double-labelled.
Au contraire mon frere! They're still private-labelled at Bardelli in Milan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata