or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 561  

post #8401 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack View Post
What's going on here?
The saddle looks like elephant or walrus. Whether this is the genuine hide of that particular beast, or embossed calf, I cannot see in the photographs.

Neither can I see if the main-body of the shoe is shell cordovan as the seller claims. (The all-rubber heels are not indicative of shell cordovan.)
post #8402 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
The saddle looks like elephant or walrus. Whether this is the genuine hide of that particular beast, or embossed calf, I cannot see in the photographs.

Neither can I see if the main-body of the shoe is shell cordovan as the seller claims. (The all-rubber heels are not indicative of shell cordovan.)

Doesn't appear to be shell...AE never used that whiskey color, and I think it is probably sharkskin.
post #8403 of 14986
I bought these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120216434810 with the hope they are c&j...I suppose not an awful deal if they are AS. My max bid was $135.99 and the 2nd place bidder was $135.54. Annoying that the 11Ds went for $35 less and they might have worked.
post #8404 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure View Post
I bought these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120216434810 with the hope they are c&j...I suppose not an awful deal if they are AS. My max bid was $135.99 and the 2nd place bidder was $135.54. Annoying that the 11Ds went for $35 less and they might have worked.
Nice! How come I didn't see those! I won these after a fierce bidding war totaling 16 bids: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018 I hope they're made in France, not Portugal.
post #8405 of 14986
Brigg for golfers, hit the BIN and thank me later:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Creed-umbrella-m...QQcmdZViewItem
post #8406 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
Brigg for golfers, hit the BIN and thank me later:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Creed-umbrella-m...QQcmdZViewItem

That's one of our own sellers. Surprised he didn't offer it here for sale.
post #8407 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
That's one of our own sellers. Surprised he didn't offer it here for sale.

He did, but no one seemed to want it at a price considerably lower than that, so he took it to the hordes on ebay.
post #8408 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
He did, but no one seemed to want it at a price considerably lower than that, so he took it to the hordes on ebay.

Well it looks like he has a customer (and can thank A Harris). Ironic that it sold on eBay as a result of this thread when it didn't sell earlier on the forum.
post #8409 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
He did, but no one seemed to want it at a price considerably lower than that, so he took it to the hordes on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Well it looks like he has a customer (and can thank A Harris). Ironic that it sold on eBay as a result of this thread when it didn't sell earlier on the forum.

How did I manage missing both sales...
post #8410 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
He did, but no one seemed to want it at a price considerably lower than that, so he took it to the hordes on ebay.

post #8411 of 14986
^ +
post #8412 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Well it looks like he has a customer (and can thank A Harris). Ironic that it sold on eBay as a result of this thread when it didn't sell earlier on the forum.

Well, the umbrella did have bids before the post. Interesting that the BIN stuck around. I thought they disappeared once an item has a bid.
post #8413 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Well, the umbrella did have bids before the post. Interesting that the BIN stuck around. I thought they disappeared once an item has a bid.

It doesn't go away until the bidding reaches half of the BIN price. They changed it a little while ago.
post #8414 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure View Post
I bought these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120216434810

with the hope they are c&j...I suppose not an awful deal if they are AS.

My max bid was $135.99 and the 2nd place bidder was $135.54. Annoying that the 11Ds went for $35 less and they might have worked.

They are sargents, nice shoes
post #8415 of 14986
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata