or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 551  

post #8251 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilmacher View Post
RJ I LOVE your posts here! How do you find all this stuff!??!

Keyword search "gay".
He does find the most interesting "paraphernalia & disiderata"!
post #8252 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano View Post
Those Lobb's are more "gay" than the Paul Stuart's.
Been reading "A Raisin in the Sun" again?
post #8253 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
LOL!

"Paul Stuart gay shoes" -- EG opera pumps


From the seller:

"PUT ON THESE INCREDIBLE RETRO GAY DANCING SHOES AND YOUR TUX AND YOU CAN BE OFF TO THE FINEST DANCING PLACES IN THE CITY !"

post #8254 of 14986
post #8255 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post

What line are these from? Can anyone tell? They look great, but I am hesitant to buy entry level Santoni - haven't heard good things about them... Any chance they are FAM?
post #8256 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post

Any experience dealing with this retailer? They have some very nice Santonis at decent prices.
post #8257 of 14986
Raffaello is reputable - you should be fine.
post #8258 of 14986
Great find, dkzzzz. Several pairs of orange-sock FAM Santonis, which, to answer Swoobie's question, are their less-expensive FAM models--still very good shoes. Here's one I like at a very good price:

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raf...24&rangeid=800

I found one pair of tan-sock FAMs (the higher-end FAM models) at an excellent price:

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raf...07&rangeid=800

My recollection about Santoni FAM prices is that they tend to run around $1K, at least for the tan sock version (probably $700-$800 for the orange-sock ones) so it would seem that even Raffaello's regular prices are good. At the sale prices, though, really good deals.
post #8259 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Great find, dkzzzz.
Be careful about encouraging him.
post #8260 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Great find, dkzzzz. Several pairs of orange-sock FAM Santonis, which, to answer Swoobie's question, are their less-expensive FAM models--still very good shoes. Here's one I like at a very good price:

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raf...24&rangeid=800
I have these and they are nice, especially for that price. Word of caution...they run very small. Size down from your US size 1.5.
post #8261 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Be careful about encouraging him.

Let me remind you that you are in no position to be condescending to anyone.
post #8262 of 14986
the best deal is this pair of Limited Edition for just over US$300:

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raf...49&rangeid=800
post #8263 of 14986
Thread Starter 
nyah nyah, dkzzzzz is on my ignore list.
post #8264 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
I have these and they are nice, especially for that price. Word of caution...they run very small. Size down from your US size 1.5.

Two questions: Do all Santoni's run small, or is it just the certain FAM models? When you recommend sizing down 1.5 sizes, don't you mean one should size up 1.5 sizes? If the shoe runs small, then someone wearing a 8D would need a 9.5D, correct?

Thanks.
post #8265 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterpig View Post
Two questions: Do all Santoni's run small, or is it just the certain FAM models? When you recommend sizing down 1.5 sizes, don't you mean one should size up 1.5 sizes? If the shoe runs small, then someone wearing a 8D would need a 9.5D, correct?

Thanks.

I think he meant they run large and if you are a 9.5, you should get a Santoni 8.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata