or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 526  

post #7876 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickonatree View Post
how do you tell the italian made stantons from the english made bentons simply by the heel?
Look at the rubber.

On an Italian made shoe, it's cut in a straight line



whereas on an English made (CJ) shoe, it's got a notch:


You can click on the thumbnails. While looking at the enlarged photos, notice the difference in the number of nails in the heel. English-made shoes have about 15 nails, which is at least 10 more than their Italian counterparts.
post #7877 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Dunhill Prince of Wales crest house slippers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Dunhill-PRI...QQcmdZViewItem
post #7878 of 14986
post #7879 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
Stop posting this shit.


This is for Conne, when he reaches the end of the rainbow: http://cgi.ebay.com/Luxurious-Slippe...QQcmdZViewItem

Ede & Ravenscroft court shoes, quite interesting:http://cgi.ebay.com/Ede-and-Ravenscr...QQcmdZViewItem
post #7880 of 14986
Here's a pair of suede jodhpurs, made in England for Brooks, in size 9 for $230 BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKS-BROTHERS-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #7881 of 14986
Limited Edition Santonis $1500. Even remotely worth it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270193520806
post #7882 of 14986
gotta say, I love a lot of the more expensive Santoni's.. can't get excited about these at any price
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
Limited Edition Santonis $1500. Even remotely worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270193520806
post #7883 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
Limited Edition Santonis $1500. Even remotely worth it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270193520806
Those are pretty bad-ass. They remind me of a photo negative. However I don't get too psysed for the 93.8% feedback.
post #7884 of 14986
post #7885 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
Those are pretty bad-ass. They remind me of a photo negative.

However I don't get too psysed for the 93.8% feedback.

Is it me or does the side view of the left shoe look like its had a major touch up. Right at the widest point.

I don't know about the feedback. They only have 17 and all the rest are pretty good. That one bad one just makes a pretty big dent in the percentage.
post #7886 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
Is it me or does the side view of the left shoe look like its had a major touch up. Right at the widest point.
In this one? http://i22.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/c9/6c/5f9f_1.JPG

Maybe stretching from the shoe trees? I've never seen that myself.
post #7887 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
In this one? http://i22.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/c9/6c/5f9f_1.JPG

Maybe stretching from the shoe trees? I've never seen that myself.

Yes. That's the one. It almost looks like a scratch has been painted over. Or, it could just be the picture...hard to tell.
post #7888 of 14986
Doesn't look like anything to me.
post #7889 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
Yes. That's the one. It almost looks like a scratch has been painted over. Or, it could just be the picture...hard to tell.

yeah, it does look like it got scuffed or even scratched, and covered up with filler.
post #7890 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeFieldHouse View Post
Look at the rubber.

On an Italian made shoe, it's cut in a straight line



whereas on an English made (CJ) shoe, it's got a notch:


You can click on the thumbnails. While looking at the enlarged photos, notice the difference in the number of nails in the heel. English-made shoes have about 15 nails, which is at least 10 more than their Italian counterparts.

ah, i see, thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata