or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 477  

post #7141 of 14986
I'm glad the seller finally relented and posted a picture of the sole. Certainly does not look like just "worn once"

I'm sure it's shell cordovan, based on the crease pattern and the combo heel. My reservation lies in a seller with ZERO feedback who does not take returns.
post #7142 of 14986
are these authentic? http://cgi.ebay.com/Authent-Ferragam...QQcmdZViewItem he is always selling a lot of tramezzas, so i'm not sure what to think.
post #7143 of 14986
Yes, they are authentic. Reputable seller.
post #7144 of 14986
He's a very reputable Ebay seller. Beware that the Tramezzas fit very snug. You want to take your regular shoe size and either go one width wider or go up 1/2 size.
post #7145 of 14986
http://cgi.ebay.com/SANTONI-MENS-BRO...QQcmdZViewItem

Decent shoes for kicking around in at a low price.
post #7146 of 14986
Rare Lobb sighting in U.S. size 9. Even more rare, it's in brown museum calf: http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-1100-JOHN-LO...QQcmdZViewItem Opening bid is $599, or $699 BIN.
post #7147 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Rare Lobb sighting in U.S. size 9. Even more rare, it's in brown museum calf:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-1100-JOHN-LO...QQcmdZViewItem

Opening bid is $599, or $699 BIN.

I suspect that's a British 9.
post #7148 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.no View Post
I suspect that's a British 9.

Yeah, looking closer at the auction -- and actually reading the listing -- makes me think you're right.
post #7149 of 14986
He posted those Lobbs for sale here a few days ago but with no pics I think.
post #7150 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
He's a very reputable Ebay seller. Beware that the Tramezzas fit very snug. You want to take your regular shoe size and either go one width wider or go up 1/2 size.

Both of mine fit true to size (11.5D)
post #7151 of 14986
check out this pair of supposed "shell cordovan" AE leeds


http://cgi.ebay.com/Allen-Edmonds-SH...QQcmdZViewItem


The heel is all wrong. Wrong heel type (not combo heel), and no "genuine shell cordovan" stamping. Seller's explanation seems plausible. He's a reputable dealer, I've bought from him before.

Unfortunately the shoes has no crease, but based on what I can see, I also think the leather IS shell cordovan; it has that hard to describe shell "shine"
post #7152 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
Unfortunately the shoes has no crease, but based on what I can see, I also think the leather IS shell cordovan; it has that hard to describe shell "shine"

the way the leather moves around the eyelets and quarters makes me suspect the seller is right about them being shell cordovan, but it is hard to be sure.
post #7153 of 14986
They are, plus footdoctors is a very reputable seller as I have dealt with him on several occasions.
post #7154 of 14986
I vote for shell. The soles are marked as seconds (they're stamped). The wrong heel and sole could be the reason (I have a pair of Cambridges, as I've mentioned before, that I bought as seconds for this very reason, so it happens).

Also, he's guaranteeing it. It looks to me like an opportunity to maybe get a good deal on a pair of cordo leeds.
post #7155 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
I vote for shell. The soles are marked as seconds (they're stamped). The wrong heel and sole could be the reason (I have a pair of Cambridges, as I've mentioned before, that I bought as seconds for this very reason, so it happens).

Also, he's guaranteeing it. It looks to me like an opportunity to maybe get a good deal on a pair of cordo leeds.

Where do you see the seconds stamp?

Is it the two drilled holes? I always thought that was a mark from the Nordy sales rack.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata