or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 392  

post #5866 of 14986
Nice Richard James loafers. Made in England. Seller also has them in black suede. Neither are in my size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-James-br...QQcmdZViewItem
post #5867 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_knives View Post
Nice Richard James loafers. Made in England. Seller also has them in black suede. Neither are in my size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-James-br...QQcmdZViewItem



This is probably a good deal.

I have no idea what these retail for or their quality.

RJman, any input?

I did find this on a UK website here.
post #5868 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by summej2 View Post
eBay arbitrage is now quite widely practiced---I prefer to resell to a market other than eBay, however.

For a while I had quite a thing going in vintage Gucci tschotchkes.

Those '60s and '70s Gucci trifles seem to sell well.
post #5869 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Those '60s and '70s Gucci trifles seem to sell well.

Gucci quality was better back then.

They were really a well made exclusive item.

No more!
post #5870 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
$218 for used shell? I thought most used shell topped out at about that amount.


It's about market value, but they are a rare model and are lightly used.
post #5871 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_knives View Post
Nice Richard James loafers. Made in England. Seller also has them in black suede. Neither are in my size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-James-br...QQcmdZViewItem

Sold, one hour after being posted here.

Wonder if it was someone reading this board?
post #5872 of 14986
The seller has another pair of anti-establishment Richard James in 9.5 for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-James-bl...QQcmdZViewItem
post #5873 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_knives View Post
Nice Richard James loafers. Made in England. Seller also has them in black suede. Neither are in my size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-James-br...QQcmdZViewItem
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
This is probably a good deal.
I have no idea what these retail for or their quality.
RJman, any input?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
The seller has another pair of anti-establishment Richard James in 9.5 for sale:http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-James-bl...QQcmdZViewItem
The RJ shoes are made by C&J to somewhere between benchgrade and handgrade standards. Maybe closer to handgrade. Retail is around 300 pounds on them. At $150 BIN, I'd call these a strong buy!
post #5874 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
The RJ shoes are made by C&J to somewhere between benchgrade and handgrade standards. Maybe closer to handgrade. Retail is around 300 pounds on them. At $150 BIN, I'd call these a strong buy!

They look quite nice. (un)lucky for me, they're not my size.
post #5875 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
You are right but we tend to get spoiled here on SF.

Cantabrigian just sold a Brooks Shell pair of shoes in excellent shape for $50, here.

I wouldnt say excellent shape...decent
post #5876 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
The RJ shoes are made by C&J to somewhere between benchgrade and handgrade standards. Maybe closer to handgrade. Retail is around 300 pounds on them. At $150 BIN, I'd call these a strong buy!

I would consider getting them, but they look awfully scuffed.
post #5877 of 14986
too bad they were scuffed. They are really sharp loafers - been looking for a pair just like that for some time.
post #5878 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
You are right but we tend to get spoiled here on SF.

Cantabrigian just sold a Brooks Shell pair of shoes in excellent shape for $50, here.

Alden shell sometimes goes for ridiculous amounts, $300 and up...
post #5879 of 14986
I bought the RJ black suede loafers. I'm worried they might be a little small, but that's too good a deal to pass up and I've been wanting another pair of loafers.
post #5880 of 14986
Wow, Cole Haans that I would like to own....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=010

10.5E Made in Maine. Nothing spectacular from a price perspective, but I found this quality level interesting for CH.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata