or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 366  

post #5476 of 14986
The Ralph Lauren store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago has the black C&J monk in 9D and the black C&J Chelsea boot in 8.5D on super sale as well as a few sizes in a few other shoes. The sales guy thought the extra thirty percent was over, but I talked him into it, and walked out with the Herend in black for a fantastic price. Black derby is not the most useful shoe, but I think it will be fun to wear.
post #5477 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe View Post
thanks merck but i saw these . Ian usually puts up his best interpretation of US sizing off of the label which probably is something like 8.5 F on these. I remember his past santonis all were on obscure width sizes .
If he has any that fit me he would have to get something that he approximates as 10 D.

Ah, thanks for that information, I didn't realize he did that.
post #5478 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx View Post
*low whistle* Here's exactly what I'm looking for, a brown split toe with the long seam. A beautiful looking shoe, perhaps a half size too small though. Diorshoe, these might be the ones for you.


http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2400-Santoni...QQcmdZViewItem
What's the story on the "Limited Edition" Santonis? What enhancements do they have over the standard tan-sock FAMs that justify a price of $2400 retail (or is that out of line?)?
post #5479 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
What's the story on the "Limited Edition" Santonis? What enhancements do they have over the standard tan-sock FAMs that justify a price of $2400 retail (or is that out of line?)?

For starters, those look like norvegese, no? Look closely.
post #5480 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
For starters, those look like norvegese, no? Look closely.
That's hard to say from the pictures. I've seen Santonis and Sutor Mantellassis with decorative thick braid-like stitching against the uppers like this that sort of resembles Norvegese, or Norwegian-welted, construction, but actually isn't. But even if they were, in fact, Norvegese-constructed, that wouldn't account for the huge price difference.
post #5481 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
That's hard to say from the pictures. I've seen Santonis and Sutor Mantellassis with decorative thick braid-like stitching against the uppers like this that sort of resembles Norvegese, or Norwegian-welted, construction, but actually isn't. But even if they were, in fact, Norvegese-constructed, that wouldn't account for the huge price difference.

What ever does in high-end retail?
post #5482 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe View Post
thanks merck but i saw these . Ian usually puts up his best interpretation of US sizing off of the label which probably is something like 8.5 F on these. I remember his past santonis all were on obscure width sizes .
If he has any that fit me he would have to get something that he approximates as 10 D.


Would be a lot easier if they would just post the size as printed in the shoe, wouldn't it? At least do both!
post #5483 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
What's the story on the "Limited Edition" Santonis? What enhancements do they have over the standard tan-sock FAMs that justify a price of $2400 retail (or is that out of line?)?

Gorgeous shoes! Good thing because otherwise I would have to believe that the seller just wrote 'LIMITED' on them in ballpoint pen. Does it look this way to anyone else? (Again, the shoes look anything but 'ballpoint pen...'
post #5484 of 14986
for some reason there is limited edition in dark insole line and a limited edition fam in the regular handwritten plus 'LIMITED' written across like that.

not sure, but i think the limited with the dark insole comes in artisan hand welt, bentivegna and such.

the handwritten "LIMITED" may be goodyear or something similar
post #5485 of 14986
Another pair of nice Lobbs, 8.5 Black suede Hoxton hidden-lace derby, like new $250 BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1
post #5486 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Another pair of nice Lobbs, 8.5 Black suede Hoxton hidden-lace derby, like new $250 BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Reserve met. Buy It Now price is no longer available since bidding has started.

Someone could've BINned it for $250 but now the bid is at $200.
post #5487 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers View Post
Gorgeous shoes! Good thing because otherwise I would have to believe that the seller just wrote 'LIMITED' on them in ballpoint pen. Does it look this way to anyone else? (Again, the shoes look anything but 'ballpoint pen...'

I think a word, "Limited" is written by someone, but can't tell whether it was done by the seller or not. It could be old Limited Edition label. Current Santoni Limited Edition label looks different. Regardless, these are the best looking split toe shoes that I have seen thus far .. And I don't think these are Norvegese, they are Bentivgnia (spell).
post #5488 of 14986
These are pretty well worn, but are almost certainly shell. The sole and heel look like new replacements and 'Edmonds' is mispelled, so these may go for the opening bid. 10.5D. I don't know how you clean the inside more....

post #5489 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
The Ralph Lauren store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago has the black C&J monk in 9D and the black C&J Chelsea boot in 8.5D on super sale as well as a few sizes in a few other shoes. The sales guy thought the extra thirty percent was over, but I talked him into it, and walked out with the Herend in black for a fantastic price. Black derby is not the most useful shoe, but I think it will be fun to wear.
I received some nice Chawner double monks. Unfortunately, there was a gash in the front toe box. Called back, didn't have any more Chawner in my size. Had a black Herand, decided to pass. Somehow/somewhere SA found a PL Peering (black , oh well) that's on the way.
post #5490 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
Reserve met. Buy It Now price is no longer available since bidding has started.

Someone could've BINned it for $250 but now the bid is at $200.
I knew that was going to happen, too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata