Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 37  

post #541 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
GVH has listed two EG spectators, with low BIN. Someone grab 'em: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...=grapevinehill


Nice find Zach!! Someone needs to jump on these fast. If they were anywhere near my size...

Remember there is a 15% off coupon for BIN items form GVH that is floating around.
post #542 of 14986
I have those black/white Brooks Brothers Peals on the way, so that should be nice for summer. Would rather have these RLPLs but oh well, one takes what one can get
post #543 of 14986
I can't believe they're still there...by my calculation, a BIN comes out to $298.14 shipped...
post #544 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoak

Flipping used shoes!!
post #545 of 14986
spectators are gone
post #546 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I'm bidding or watching a pair of these in my size. looks very dangerous and rebellish. Don't know if I'll bite, as I've got 10 or 15 pairs of unworn shoes under the bed....

I've tried on a pair of the boots at the Mansion last fall while contemplating a pair of Tellman (CJs). They are most probably made by C&J, thick double soles. I'm guessing they were built on the 325 last or some close variation. They are stiff as all hell, and a bit unforgiving. They probably need a straight week worth of wear to break them in... I just wished they made these in a Dainite sole for foul weather.

NCT
post #547 of 14986
Quote:
Sold already...congrats Andrew! You certainly have a nacht for this.

And relisted just as quick... Buyer thought they were a size 9 1/2 UK. Oy.
post #548 of 14986
The Grapevinehill BIN auctions bear watching, I count 5 pairs of EG's that have sold that way recently.

More EG's:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edward-Green-Pur...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edward-Green-Pur...QQcmdZViewItem
post #549 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris
And relisted just as quick... Buyer thought they were a size 9 1/2 UK. Oy.


Sorry Andrew, somemone else will definitely jump on these.
post #550 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris
And relisted just as quick... Buyer thought they were a size 9 1/2 UK. Oy.
You should threaten him with bodily harm, send him dozens of abusive emails, and stalk him on an online forum.

post #551 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris
The Grapevinehill BIN auctions bear watching, I count 5 pairs of EG's that have sold that way recently.

More EG's:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edward-Green-Pur...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edward-Green-Pur...QQcmdZViewItem
I saw these, I wonder if the 8s come with the Peerings come with the shoe trees.
post #552 of 14986
What appear to be an interesting pair of brand-new C&Js. Note that with the misspelling of the brand, they may not get much attention (they're 5 1/2 days into a 10-day listing and have only 2 bidders so far). They're an interesting-looking shoe. Check out the sole. It might be channeled (and probably is)--hard to tell--but if there are exposed stitches around the front, there aren't any through the waist. I've never seen this treatment (if it is that way) on a pair of C&Js, although I have seen it on many Italian shoes. Closest to Handgrade Aintree and Stanley models in current C&J catalog (and could be one of these), and probably Handgrade quality. Nice waist treatment and closely-cut soles. Could be on 337 last. Anyone interested should ask for better pictures (as a couple of potential buyers have done), and should ensure that they're authentic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CROCKET-JONES-ME...QQcmdZViewItem
post #553 of 14986
Update on those Polo benchmade buckled boots. My god these things are tough. I mean TOUGH. Due to the last shape I am pretty certain that if I had sized down I would have had serious size problems with width and length. I got 10.5, good amount of heel slippage for me, but I think that may have a lot to do with the incredibly stiff sole. Stiffest I have ever encountered. Will probably be nice when (if?) they are broken in. Construction wise the sole pair of Grenson Ilkley boots I have is better put together, lining is much better too. I decided to keep them thinking they will loosen up, I think these willbe a serious challenge. I ended up with the largest blister I have ever had on my right heel, hurts like a bastard (I wore them out last night, went dancing, that is usually enough to loosen boots... ow ow this hurts).
post #554 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
What appear to be an interesting pair of brand-new C&Js. Note that with the misspelling of the brand, they may not get much attention (they're 5 1/2 days into a 10-day listing and have only 2 bidders so far). They're an interesting-looking shoe. Check out the sole. It might be channeled (and probably is)--hard to tell--but if there are exposed stitches around the front, there aren't any through the waist. I've never seen this treatment (if it is that way) on a pair of C&Js, although I have seen it on many Italian shoes. Closest to Handgrade Aintree and Stanley models in current C&J catalog (and could be one of these), and probably Handgrade quality. Nice waist treatment and closely-cut soles. Could be on 337 last. Anyone interested should ask for better pictures (as a couple of potential buyers have done), and should ensure that they're authentic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CROCKET-JONES-ME...QQcmdZViewItem
GREAT find - man those are good looking shoes
post #555 of 14986
zjpj83, do you think they're 2-eyelet shoes? The Handgrade Stanley is a two-eyelet derby that closely resembles those shoes in that respect, but the facings on the shoe in question are much closer to those on the Aintree (a 3-eyelet derby), with the sharply-pointed treatment at the bottom-front. Also, the Stanley is listed as available in only Dark Brown Antique, whereas the Aintree is shown in Beige Antique--more like the picture. It's a little hard to tell, from the lousy pictures, how many eyelets these shoes have (2 is my best guess at this time), but it seems conceivable that they have 3. If so, I'd say that they're Aintrees. Of course, they could be an earlier C&J derby that is no longer in the catalog.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata