or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 319  

post #4771 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Bontoni....trees included @$349


Thanks! Now, please delete that post

Is it just me or is 7 eyelets a bit much?

Do you have experience with Bontoni sizing? True to size?
post #4772 of 14986
Can this possibly be true? Why do I instinctively doubt it?

"Ferragamo... made the ruby slippers that Judy Garland wore as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz (1939)." WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salvatore-Ferrag...QQcmdZViewItem
post #4773 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Do you have experience with Bontoni sizing? True to size?


They run true to size, great shoes imo.
post #4774 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Thanks! Now, please delete that post

Is it just me or is 7 eyelets a bit much?

Do you have experience with Bontoni sizing? True to size?

I really like this 7 eyelets. Very elegant, I wish these were my size.
post #4775 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSeca View Post
They run true to size, great shoes imo.
Lseca, how would you compare the fit to Sutor Mantellassi shoes?
post #4776 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxten View Post
Lseca, how would you compare the fit to Sutor Mantellassi shoes?

I find Sutor to run a bit small in comparison. Bontoni fits me just like an AllenEdmonds D would fit, both in lenght and width.
post #4777 of 14986
Those Bontoni's are awesome and my size, just wish I didn't have a similar shoe already... I like the color of these more.
post #4778 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
Can this possibly be true? Why do I instinctively doubt it?

"Ferragamo... made the ruby slippers that Judy Garland wore as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz (1939)." WTF?


I believe this is true. Ferragamo did a lot of Hollywood stuff back in the day, and IIRC he did the slippers.
post #4779 of 14986
post #4780 of 14986

These Ferragamos are OK, but $159 is a very high start price for main line ( not Tramezza) Ferragamos. Especially suede which generally goes for less than calf.

Be patient, set up a search, and you can do better on Ebay for similar shoes.
post #4781 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
Can this possibly be true? Why do I instinctively doubt it?

"Ferragamo... made the ruby slippers that Judy Garland wore as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz (1939)." WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salvatore-Ferrag...QQcmdZViewItem

This pair looks very much like a Studio line SF pair that I have.
post #4782 of 14986
if the bontonis were a 10 i would have planned to bid.

unless these are 9.5 UK. then they would be a 10.
post #4783 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I believe this is true. Ferragamo did a lot of Hollywood stuff back in the day, and IIRC he did the slippers.

Holy crap, you're right!

"One of [Ferragamo's] most celebrated pieces are Dorothy's ruby slippers for the 1939 version of The Wizard of Oz."

post #4784 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
Holy crap, you're right!

"One of [Ferragamo's] most celebrated pieces are Dorothy's ruby slippers for the 1939 version of The Wizard of Oz."


Yeah, if I were looking to buy ruby slippers, I guess I'd be impressed.
post #4785 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

WTF happened to the Bontonis?

Did someone here make an offer to buy them offline? I just want to know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata