or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 281  

post #4201 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml90 View Post
So, if I'm a 13D/C in AE what do you think I could do, in theory of course?

Well, it depends first and foremost on what kind of fit you like... some people like their shoes to really hug their feet - they like the shoes to conform over time to the shape of their feet, so that eventually they fit like a glove and stop hurting. Others, like myself, don't mind slipping and sliding around in their shoes a bit... and it also depends on the style of shoe, and by extension, the types of socks you expect to wear with them... e.g., for black patent tuxedo shoes, you'll be wearing very thin silk socks, so you can get a tight-fitting shoe... but for boots, you'll be wearing thick socks, so you can size up a bit... the best thing is to try on as many shoes as you can to develop your range... and insight into particular brands (I've found that Tramezzas run a bit narrow, so I need to size up to an E, for example).
post #4202 of 14986
NIB Edward Green Warwick chukkas, sz. 8E
post #4203 of 14986
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5127&rd=1&rd=1

The French seller has good feedback and ships worldwide.
post #4204 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5127&rd=1&rd=1

The French seller has good feedback and ships worldwide.

Those are nice!
post #4205 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
Well, it depends first and foremost on what kind of fit you like... some people like their shoes to really hug their feet - they like the shoes to conform over time to the shape of their feet, so that eventually they fit like a glove and stop hurting. Others, like myself, don't mind slipping and sliding around in their shoes a bit... and it also depends on the style of shoe, and by extension, the types of socks you expect to wear with them... e.g., for black patent tuxedo shoes, you'll be wearing very thin silk socks, so you can get a tight-fitting shoe... but for boots, you'll be wearing thick socks, so you can size up a bit... the best thing is to try on as many shoes as you can to develop your range... and insight into particular brands (I've found that Tramezzas run a bit narrow, so I need to size up to an E, for example).

Any makers tend to run larger? I don't know though I measured my and it was roughly 10.5in. Which is strange because I usually wear a 13.
post #4206 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml90 View Post
Any makers tend to run larger? I don't know though I measured my and it was roughly 10.5in. Which is strange because I usually wear a 13.

Well Fratelli Rosetti tend to run larger... in other words, I have to take a smaller size than normal.

Here's a site that can help you get a better idea of your true size:

http://www.2bigfeet.com/measure.php
post #4207 of 14986
They meant "Peal" not "Pearl"... seem like a good deal!

Size 11C.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brooks-Brothers-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #4208 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml90 View Post
Any makers tend to run larger? I don't know though I measured my and it was roughly 10.5in. Which is strange because I usually wear a 13.

The Santoni FAMs tend to run large as well...
post #4209 of 14986
found these to be extremely cool for the price. someone jump on it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ALDEN-New-Englan...QQcmdZViewItem
post #4210 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by drljva View Post
The Santoni FAMs tend to run large as well...

As well as Prada, FWIW.
post #4211 of 14986
Wow! $500 was a bit much but these look pretty good for $300; there are other sizes. I didn't think she'd accept such a low offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2219&rd=1&rd=1
post #4212 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Wow! $500 was a bit much but these look pretty good for $300; there are other sizes. I didn't think she'd accept such a low offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2219&rd=1&rd=1

well played
post #4213 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo View Post
well played


Funny how you guys caught it so fast. It was me who won and I was just about to post it here. So worth a try on other Best Offer Santonis she has.
post #4214 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao1980 View Post
Funny how you guys caught it so fast. It was me who won and I was just about to post it here. So worth a try on other Best Offer Santonis she has.

Tempting. Do they run true to size?
post #4215 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post
Tempting. Do they run true to size?

So tempting, I just made the same offer. From everything I have read on the forums, it seems these shoes run 1/2 size large.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata