or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 273  

post #4081 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Sweet Grenson Masterpiece Suede captoes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAUL-STUART-ENGL...QQcmdZViewItem

Half-size too large or I'd be all over those.
post #4082 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
Does everyone realize that those Edmonds were made for the European Market and that is why they are in size E?

I hope you are correct about the E width. The Bancroft is a sweet looking shoe and that is very rare for AE. Since the shoe is made for the European market and E width = American D. Does that mean size 11 = American 10/10.5? Why would just the width be sized for the European market?
post #4083 of 14986
Vintage RLPL loafer? Looks like US 8.5D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Pur...QQcmdZViewItem
post #4084 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.no View Post
Vintage RLPL loafer? Looks like US 8.5D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Pur...QQcmdZViewItem

EG, based on the information in the oval.
post #4085 of 14986
Nice looking Ferragamo Tramezza monkstraps, just $65 buy-it-now (!). I'd be all over them if they were 12s. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ferragamo-Tramez...QQcmdZViewItem The listing says US 10.5, but so do the shoes, so I imagine these are actually 11.5. Does Ferragamo print standard UK sizes?
post #4086 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Nice looking Ferragamo Tramezza monkstraps, just $65 buy-it-now (!). I'd be all over them if they were 12s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ferragamo-Tramez...QQcmdZViewItem

The listing says US 10.5, but so do the shoes, so I imagine these are actually 11.5. Does Ferragamo print standard UK sizes?


US 10.5. Nice shoes at a very nice price.
post #4087 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post
US 10.5. Nice shoes at a very nice price.

Damn! I have a pair of Prada oxfords that are marked 10.5, but fit like a US 11.5/12, I was hoping these would be the same. Why does Ferragamo use US sizes as opposed to standard EU? I wouldn't imagine the US would be their primary market, at least not for the Tramezza line...

Anyway I did end up buying these, just couldn't pass up the price. I'll have to take some better photos once they arrive and flip them.
post #4088 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Anyway I did end up buying these, just couldn't pass up the price. I'll have to take some better photos once they arrive and flip them.

Obviously you can do what you like, but using this thread to find things to flip is kind of low, eh?
post #4089 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
Obviously you can do what you like, but using this thread to find things to flip is kind of low, eh?

agreed, though at the time of purchase i thought they might fit, so i wouldn't really consider it "using" the thread to find things to flip (especially considering i was the one who found/posted them in the first place).

regardless, i do admit it's bad form to post and purchase the same item, especially in such short time. in my defense, i'm new and reckless (16 posts), don't have a very firm grasp of the many anomalies of international shoe sizing, and could really, really use the money. i request an official SF pardon.
post #4090 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
(especially considering i was the one who found/posted them in the first place).

Color me embarrased; you're right, you found them. Hard to argue with that.
post #4091 of 14986
These might end up being a good deal for someone (not me!). Perhaps flying somewhat under the radar, as they do appear to be fatte a manos, yet seller mentions $400 retail price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Santoni-Shoe...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, can someone give a brief rank-ordering of the two or three levels of Santoni fatte a mano shoes? I know there are "tan sock," "orange sock," and possibly another one or two, but don't remember the quality differences.
post #4092 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
These might end up being a good deal for someone (not me!). Perhaps flying somewhat under the radar, as they do appear to be fatte a manos, yet seller mentions $400 retail price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Santoni-Shoe...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, can someone give a brief rank-ordering of the two or three levels of Santoni fatte a mano shoes? I know there are "tan sock," "orange sock," and possibly another one or two, but don't remember the quality differences.

They don't have the insole serrations but do say FAM. hmmm.. I hope dior will clarify (or maybe not since they are his size and quite nice looking...)
post #4093 of 14986
post #4094 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

i think there's a better picture of those floating around here.
post #4095 of 14986
these look like a decent buy, with minimal wear...

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLO-RALPH-LAURE...QQcmdZViewItem

suspect they're C&J or AS, and looking at the side pics, there doesn't seem to be as much wear as the soles show on the sole pics. Crepe gets "dirty" fast.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata