or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 254  

post #3796 of 14986
Testoni Penny Loafers black BIN $160 10.5 to small for me http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1
post #3797 of 14986
Brooks specs, brown and white, made in England, size 9.5D, BIN of $100:

http://cgi.ebay.com/378-BROOKS-BROTH...QQcmdZViewItem

Note that there are "discolorations that have been covered with shoe polish." I can't see 'em, but that might be my monitor, or the pic.

.
post #3798 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post

Man those are ugly shoes....we should raise the funds and have them humanely euthanized.
post #3799 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBDB View Post
Man those are ugly shoes....we should raise the funds and have them humanely euthanized.

it's funny because it's true!!!
post #3800 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post

these are right down kb's alley
post #3801 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post
NOS Florsheim Imperials from the 70's and 80's, size 10. If they were my size, I'd be all over them.

You're my new favorite poster.



Thanks to you... the shoes I received.
post #3802 of 14986
...those look fantastic. Part of the reason I like NOS Kenmoors so much is that they just look like they have so much character (which sounds like something a real estate agent says about a crappy old house). I just don't see the same thing in photos of EG's or Lobbs these days. Mine are probably my favorite pair of shoes:
post #3803 of 14986
How would I know what to look for in a vintage or NOS Florsheim shoe?
post #3804 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post
...those look fantastic. Part of the reason I like NOS Kenmoors so much is that they just look like they have so much character (which sounds like something a real estate agent says about a crappy old house). I just don't see the same thing in photos of EG's or Lobbs these days.

Beautiful. Yours were a much better deal... I (gladly) paid the SF buzz premium.

Any suggestions for initial care? My first thought is to moisturize with something but I don't want to mar any of the original shine.
post #3805 of 14986
A light dose of Lexol conditioner shouldn't affect the finish. Just use it sparingly, don't rub, and don't polish until the conditioner has dried completely.
post #3806 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby View Post
How would I know what to look for in a vintage or NOS Florsheim shoe?

The heel is usually all leather with two rows of nailheads. There's also usually a triangular metal plate which you can kind of see from the eBay auction photos of the shoe I won.

I usually search for them about once a week with "florsheim imperial" and "florsheim wingtip" in title and description. There are a lot of newer incarnations of the shoe, though. Someone more knowledgeable than I may be able to distinguish the various generations of the shoe. Teacher is probably most qualified poster on this issue.
post #3807 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post
The heel is usually all leather with two rows of nailheads. There's also usually a triangular metal plate which you can kind of see from the eBay auction photos of the shoe I won.

I usually search for them about once a week with "florsheim imperial" and "florsheim wingtip" in title and description. There are a lot of newer incarnations of the shoe, though. Someone more knowledgeable than I may be able to distinguish the various generations of the shoe. Teacher is probably most qualified poster on this issue.

Ok great thanks!
post #3808 of 14986
Yeah, be careful with the non-Imperials. A lot of the old Florsheims are corrected grain, and pretty heavily so.
post #3809 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff
Any suggestions for initial care? My first thought is to moisturize with something but I don't want to mar any of the original shine.
I used Allen-Edmonds cleaner/conditioner on them before polishing and they turned out fine. That pair of Kenmoors was my first pair of pebble-grain shoes, so I was a little apprehensive at first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Yeah, be careful with the non-Imperials. A lot of the old Florsheims are corrected grain, and pretty heavily so.
Even shoes that appear to have the triangular plate in the heel. These, although they look like they could be vintage Florsheim, are basically made of plastic (and, unfortunately, a waste of $45):
post #3810 of 14986
So I guess the double row of nails would be a better marker.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata