Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 233  

post #3481 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
worn three times, then resoled? \t
FWIW here's the (slightly pissy, imho) response to my question about why they were resoled after only three wearings:
they have been re-soled then they are like new,
near perfect.
but if you want brand new buy direct from lobbs.
post #3482 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
FWIW here's the (slightly pissy, imho) response to my question about why they were resoled after only three wearings:
they have been re-soled then they are like new,
near perfect.
but if you want brand new buy direct from lobbs.

Uh..yea...f**k him. I wouldn't buy a matchbox car from someone like that. Very little chance he is telling the truth.
post #3483 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Yeah, agreed. Nice shoes, very good prices.

I sort of doubt that both pairs have been resoled. Why not just be accurate, and sell the shoes on their value!

I'm surprised that no one on SF has bought either pair. But now there's a lingering doubt about them.

Ah, quoting myself:


But now there's a lingering doubt about them

Or perhaps as the seller says, if you want new Lobbs, buy direct . Though these are as good as new, "near perfect"
post #3484 of 14986
Maybe he lives near josepidal. I remember jose explaining how the horrendous sidewalk conditions back home would wear out the soles of his Lobbs in a shockingly small amount of time.
post #3485 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-J-M-Weston-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Good price if they don't go too much higher. The double leather-sole version (#598) is currently on sale at Sky Valet for $725. Regular price at Weston store in NYC would be $1100-$1200, I believe. Is this seller ("Kitoncorner") one of us?

Regular price @Sky Valet is $725, on sale for $585 (shipped)?
post #3486 of 14986
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0922&rd=1&rd=1

EGs that even the seller describes as "in poor condition" and cracking. Even 5 days out it appears there is already a bidding war in the works. I'm interested to see how high the madness takes these. Guess there really is no such thing as a cheap pair of EGs.
post #3487 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate10184
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0922&rd=1&rd=1

EGs that even the seller describes as "in poor condition" and cracking. Even 5 days out it appears there is already a bidding war in the works. I'm interested to see how high the madness takes these. Guess there really is no such thing as a cheap pair of EGs.

They actually aren't in bad condition, except for those stains on the inside (what do people do that causes this????) and I would believe that a size 12 in EG is hard to come by on ebay. I am going to guess about $150-175 for these.
post #3488 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Ah, quoting myself:


But now there's a lingering doubt about them

Or perhaps as the seller says, if you want new Lobbs, buy direct . Though these are as good as new, "near perfect"
FWIW: I wrote back saying "thanks, but I think you misunderstood, I was just curious why they would have been resoled after three wearings . . . "
Here's the response, which seems a bit more pleasant in tone. I'm still experiencing a bit of cognitive dissonance between the "worn three times" and the "frequent" visits to the theater with the gravel path, but it is what it is . . .
Edit: Sorry, forgot the response. Here it is: well i had them re-soled so there as near perfect,
the theater which,
my husband and i go to quite often has a gravel path which make the soles look awful,and as i can get them re-soled i did......
nothing else to it.
hope this is more explanatory for you


Also, note that in response to someone else's inquiry the seller has now declared the auction to be "UK only". F'ing limey/paddy/jakey/taffy douchebags . . .
post #3489 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
They actually aren't in bad condition, except for those stains on the inside (what do people do that causes this????) and I would believe that a size 12 in EG is hard to come by on ebay. I am going to guess about $150-175 for these.

Yeah I agree they don't look bad to me at all. I just think it's funny that despite the seller's unenthusiastic assessment they will still go sky high. You're right 12s are definitely hard to come by I'm sure they will get to $150. I would bid but I'm sure I'll be priced out quickly.
post #3490 of 14986
I suspect given the seller's location that they work for Lobb - hence re-soling would be cheap / virtually free, and the shoes are probably being sold on for what they cost.
post #3491 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC
I suspect given the seller's location that they work for Lobb - hence re-soling would be cheap / virtually free, and the shoes are probably being sold on for what they cost.

That's a lot of assuming...
post #3492 of 14986
Will someone in streetwear please school me on these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Force-1...QQcmdZViewItem
post #3493 of 14986
Well, they're AF1s which is a staple "street/urban" shoe if you will. Limited edition, it would appear.. and interesting detailing, if I do say so myself. Sneakerheads cream themselves over this type of shit.

You'd probably get a better answer at http://www.hypebeast.com/forum/
post #3494 of 14986
post #3495 of 14986
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata