or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 158  

post #2356 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
$200 is a very good price for these size 12 Zegna Coutures

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ZEGNA-MENS-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Definitely. Seller also has 8.5 Tramezza Filosofo monkstraps, which are a steal for $188 and still a great deal at $288 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FERRAGAMO-ME...QQcmdZViewItem

Very nice Brown Testoni Wingtips too; crazy price at $138!! http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-830-TESTONI-...QQcmdZViewItem

Sadly, nothing in my size...
post #2357 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Definitely. Seller also has 8.5 Tramezza Filosofo monkstraps, which are a steal for $188 and still a great deal at $288 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FERRAGAMO-ME...QQcmdZViewItem

Very nice Brown Testoni Wingtips too; crazy price at $138!! http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-830-TESTONI-...QQcmdZViewItem

Sadly, nothing in my size...

Damn those Testoni's needed to be a size 10!!!!!!
post #2358 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
$200 is a very good price for these size 12 Zegna Coutures

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ZEGNA-MENS-S...QQcmdZViewItem
Anyone know how the sizing runs? The seller converts the EU 11 sizing to a U.S. 12 as opposed to 11.5. Probably right given the measurements, but does anyone have a different view based on experience?
post #2359 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Anyone know how the sizing runs? The seller converts the EU 11 sizing to a U.S. 12 as opposed to 11.5. Probably right given the measurements, but does anyone have a different view based on experience?

I'd say that on Zegnas he is spot on.
post #2360 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'd say that on Zegnas he is spot on.
post #2361 of 14986
post #2362 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad


8.5 is right in the power alley of the Japanese buyers. I don't really like brass buckles on black monks.
post #2363 of 14986
Ed - do you have any knowledge of the fit of the testoni's compared to, for example, Zegna Couture? I'm hoping they are similar
post #2364 of 14986
post #2365 of 14986
Same seller and these will probably go for under $100 since no one cares about Facconable shoes. They are actually nicely made and at $100 or so for a classic style, they are a very good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MENS-BROWN-F...QQcmdZViewItem
post #2366 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddog
Ed - do you have any knowledge of the fit of the testoni's compared to, for example, Zegna Couture? I'm hoping they are similar

I wish I could tell you for sure but based on my other Italian shoe experience, I would err on the side of getting a smaller size than normal. Most Italians run large. The display Testonis I've seen have seemed large for their stated sizes. I would say go 1 size lower than your American size.
post #2367 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Definitely. Seller also has 8.5 Tramezza Filosofo monkstraps, which are a steal for $188 and still a great deal at $288 BIN.
This is very very tempting. There are a couple of other shoes in the 8.5 range I'm thinking about sniping, though. Arrrgh...we'll see if that $188 is still available in 9 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
8.5 is right in the power alley of the Japanese buyers. I don't really like brass buckles on black monks.
And that of ap991
post #2368 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
And that of ap991

Yep, it's like a sumo match between the world's best when it comes to that size.
post #2369 of 14986
Ed - thanks for the testoni info. Are these black label (given the black label inside)? How would compare them in quality to zegna couture? If equal, I'd call 288 an acceptable price.

OOPS - by "these" I meant the ones you linked to a few posts up.
post #2370 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddog
Ed - thanks for the testoni info. Are these black label (given the black label inside)? How would compare them in quality to zegna couture? If equal, I'd call 288 an acceptable price.

For my money, the Testoni's are worth the $288 (but would probably go lower in an open auction). The leather is good, the construction is solid and it just comes down to a matter of liking the particular last and style. I find Zegna has more "acceptable" styles but those Testoni's are awesome.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata