or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 151  

post #2251 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Definitely a lighter shade of suede than the Altons which i have or Lobb's dark brown suede. It's really in between brown and tan, and lovely.

Arrrrg. Now I have a decision to make.....
Thanks Andrew. Really.
post #2252 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
I thought EG for PL only came in regular D widths but this Berkley seems to be an 8E. http://stores.channeladvisor.com/gra...2?sck=17046924

Are wide widths available or is GVH listing the UK size?

Also, what do you think of the Shelby (C&J for RL)? I've never seen this model before and wonder if it's on the same last as the Tellman (337).

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/gra...4?sck=36273704


The Shelby doesn't work.
post #2253 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
The Shelby doesn't work.

+1, that's a scary looking thing.
post #2254 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman
Arrrrg. Now I have a decision to make.....
Thanks Andrew. Really.

Least I can do. Honestly, if you're looking for a medium brown suede shoe it would hard to find a nice one. My only caveat is that many of GVH's RLPL shoes are floor samples (notice the price tags on the soles) and the suede is much more likely to take a beating than the calf. Just something to think about.
post #2255 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Least I can do. Honestly, if you're looking for a medium brown suede shoe it would hard to find a nice one. My only caveat is that many of GVH's RLPL shoes are floor samples (notice the price tags on the soles) and the suede is much more likely to take a beating than the calf. Just something to think about.

The ideal for me would be a monkstrap like the Grant (with some sort of toe decoration) in medium brown suede. I don't even know if the Grant is available in suede, though.

You make a good point about GVH's floor samples. I'll need to think on it for several days....
post #2256 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty
I trying to get the Grant and the Mackay. Also, I will try to sneek away with these:
Nice. Shame they aren't in my size

They're pricier than the other RLPLs, any idea why?
post #2257 of 14986
I purchased the Eden some time ago from the Mansion. Great shoe, very versatile, I think you can wear them with jeans or slacks.

I just returned my Barksdales to GVH. I need to go up one-half size. The exchange policy says they'll replace them one size up or down, but the barksdales have gone up another $200 on the site. Do you think they'll make me pay the difference?

Edit: Also, the shipping time was fantastic: purchased on a thursday, shipped on a friday, received via fedex ground on saturday morning.
post #2258 of 14986
got my camden's today as well. my first pair of EG's, and they are very nice. i'm not sure, in a world where AE retails for $305, that the camden is really worth $850, but they are well worth the $354 I paid.

the buckle isn't too bad in person. my shoe appears to be on the 89 last - did anybody get a different last?
post #2259 of 14986
Nice size 9 mantellassi loafers (norvegese or just norvegese-like stitching?)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sutor-Mantellass...em270050481328
post #2260 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
got my camden's today as well. my first pair of EG's, and they are very nice. i'm not sure, in a world where AE retails for $305, that the camden is really worth $850, but they are well worth the $354 I paid.

the buckle isn't too bad in person. my shoe appears to be on the 89 last - did anybody get a different last?

Did you dislike the buckle in the picture? That was one of the selling points for me.

Is your buckle a silver or brass color? On my monitor, it looked silver, but I suspected that wasn't really the case. And how did you find the sizing?
post #2261 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Did you dislike the buckle in the picture? That was one of the selling points for me.

Is your buckle a silver or brass color? On my monitor, it looked silver, but I suspected that wasn't really the case. And how did you find the sizing?

actually, i'm more ambivalent about the strap - i would like something more like the C&J savile, as opposed to this (although i like this as well).

the actual hardware is fine, but i prefer the buckle without the leather loop (such that the strap goes under the metal - i hope that makes sense).

i'll review the fit again tonight - i was wearing thick cotton socks when i got the shoes. although the fit seemed okay.
post #2262 of 14986
Rare Alden sighting in 9.5 ... brown tassle loafers. Starting bid is $49.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-ALDEN-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #2263 of 14986
Gorgeous Grenson Masterpiece bals, 7D. Great price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grenson-Paul-Stu...QQcmdZViewItem
post #2264 of 14986
Prices are rising for the RLPL at GVH. Where do they normally end? $300-400? Or is there too much variation to apply a word like 'normally'? I want to be ruthless in my bidding but I know there are SFers bidding on the same shoes(probably). I must be civil.
post #2265 of 14986
These used AE wingtip bluchers (in 12D but pretty rough shape) are apparently of the "Concord" model, including a photo of that name on the insole. But Concords as discussed here, listed on STP, etc. are bicycle-toe monkstraps. Does AE reuse model names or is the seller mixed up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata