or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 106  

post #1576 of 14986
http://cgi.ebay.de/JOHN-LOBB-WILLIAM...QQcmdZViewItem

Description says seller offers worldwide shipment.
post #1577 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccffm1
http://cgi.ebay.de/JOHN-LOBB-WILLIAM...QQcmdZViewItem

Description says seller offers worldwide shipment.
feedback is private though, makes it a bit 'iffy' in my book.
post #1578 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
I've never heard of any retail store or otherwise selling shoes by Stefano Bemer in North America. I'd be surprised if anyone does. I have had the impression that you pretty much needed to head for Florence to see his stuff.

Saks does, under the "valextra by Stefano Bemer" label
post #1579 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Saks does, under the "valextra by Stefano Bemer" label
I'm pleasantly surprised! I didn't know that Bemer had much of a RTW operation at all. What do the "valextra" shoes sell for at Saks?
post #1580 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
I'm pleasantly surprised! I didn't know that Bemer had much of a RTW operation at all. What do the "valextra" shoes sell for at Saks?

Don't remember, either in the $900 range or the $700 range.
post #1581 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Don't remember, either in the $900 range or the $700 range.

$900 range is correct Ed. I have to say that I was underwhelmed with Valextra at Saks. The leathers seemed flimsy and the finishing okay. Worst of all, the lasts were virtually non-descript. They looked nothing like the Bemer shoes on the website which are not to my taste but far more intersesting than the Valextra at Saks.
post #1582 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo
feedback is private though, makes it a bit 'iffy' in my book.

True. I didn´t recognize that, because the shoes are out of my reach anyway. But if they weren´t, I´d be hesitant, too.
post #1583 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Anyone know anything about this seller? Is it true what they claim about the size? Thanks Ranjeev

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ZEGNA-MENS-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I am getting serious about these shoes. What do we think they're worth?
Thanks
post #1584 of 14986
Lobbs?
I'm no expert, so judge for yourself - to my eye, not particularly attractive ones. The same seller has another pair listed in another style.


http://http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/...ex.htm?cnn=yes
post #1585 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Lobbs?
I'm no expert, so judge for yourself - to my eye, not particularly attractive ones. The same seller has another pair listed in another style.


http://http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Correct link please.
post #1586 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Correct link please.
Sorry - LOL, sure you don't want a fake Gucci bag instead?

Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
post #1587 of 14986
They're legit - he's a "trading assistant." Think 40-Year-Old Virgin.
post #1588 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger

Take a guess who won this pair of EG wholecut.
post #1589 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Take a guess who won this pair of EG wholecut.

post #1590 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Take a guess who won this pair of EG wholecut.

You can't say he didn't warn you.

I see other SF members in the bidding history and must admit that his preemptive announcement is a very effective deterrent strategy when coming from such a credible shoe addict. Did you study game theory AP?

$375 for EG wholecuts with trees is a sweet deal. Almost makes up for the Corben
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata