or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 989  

post #14821 of 14986
I bought lots of stuff. Thanks RJ!!!!

STERLING SILVER BEER MUG & BARREL CUFFLINKS x1 @ $25

ENGLISH STERLING SILVER - MAKEUP BRUSH x1 @ $20

FINE ENGLISH LEATHER- ROUND PURSE MIRROR -SADDLE HIDE x 1 @ $10

FINE ENGLISH LEATHER- LUGGAGE TAG -SADDLE HIDE x 2 @ $5 ea.

FINE ENGLISH LEATHER- TRAVEL WALLET -TAN x1 @ $20

FINE ENGLISH LEATHER- STUD BOX W/ ALARM CLOCK -SADDLE x 1@$15

------------------------

$116 total after shipping
post #14822 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post

Distinctive -- these shoes you are selling aren't bespoke (EG never did bespoke under someone else's name and E&R never had a bespoke shoe service -- and probably aren't Edward Green. The toe shape isn't like any EG last except maybe the 89, which was only used in RTW for RLPL for a couple of years. The oval cutout is more rectangular than that usually used by EG, although I've seen it on Grenson. Maybe Fuuma should pee on them. Caveat emptor:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Edward-Green-Bes...item3358ee925c

Why do you feel the need to call me out in public? Unless you can prove what they are, you certainly don't need to discredit me nor make me out to not know what I'm talking about. I have made my best judgement as to what they are and am certainly open to suggestions and corrections in a friendly and private matter. I do occasionally make mistakes. Perhaps you can explain the lack of size and the quadruple warrants since you apparently know everything. These are definitely not Grenson. All you can say is it's not this, it's not that...well then what is it? Keep your opinions to yourself please
post #14823 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
Why do you feel the need to call me out in public? Unless you can prove what they are, you certainly don't need to discredit me nor make me out to not know what I'm talking about. I have made my best judgement as to what they are and am certainly open to suggestions and corrections in a friendly and private matter. I do occasionally make mistakes. Perhaps you can explain the lack of size and the quadruple warrants since you apparently know everything. These are definitely not Grenson. All you can say is it's not this, it's not that...well then what is it? Keep your opinions to yourself please


I'm not the one selling them as something they're not. When someone on ebay sells something as something it isn't, I call it out. I didn't report you to ebay for this, which I could have -- and which would have been an extreme measure. It's not public, though -- would you rather I have done that and kept my opinion to myself? I suggested my correction on this forum, which is only fair as you frequent this forum, at least in part in order to raise interest in the stuff you are selling on ebay. If you are wrongly representing something you are selling, members of this forum who might have been induced to purchase it ought to know.

Ede & Ravenscroft have the quadruple warrants as robe makers to the royal family. Nothing to do with shoes. I have an E&R shirt, it has all four royal warrants on the label too. Doesn't mean it was made bespoke. It wasn't. Edward Green doesn't have a royal warrant and to my knowledge never did, so presence of royal warrants is irrelevant to this discussion anyway, your best judgment notwithstanding.

As to the lack of size, I have no idea. But maybe you didn't look in the right place or maybe it wore off -- the shoes look well used.

Those are not Edward Green and they are not bespoke. I stand by that.

If you want me to keep my opinions to myself, maybe you should ignore my posts and not use them to search for deals that you can flip to sell on ebay.

Shit like this is why I don't like posting anymore, in this thread or any other.
post #14824 of 14986
Thanks again RJ. Bought two travel wallets.
post #14825 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
I'm not the one selling them as something they're not. When someone on ebay sells something as something it isn't, I call it out. I didn't report you to ebay for this, which I could have -- and which would have been an extreme measure. It's not public, though -- would you rather I have done that and kept my opinion to myself? I suggested my correction on this forum, which is only fair as you frequent this forum, at least in part in order to raise interest in the stuff you are selling on ebay. If you are wrongly representing something you are selling, members of this forum who might have been induced to purchase it ought to know.

Ede & Ravenscroft have the quadruple warrants as robe makers to the royal family. Nothing to do with shoes. I have an E&R shirt, it has all four royal warrants on the label too. Doesn't mean it was made bespoke. It wasn't. Edward Green doesn't have a royal warrant and to my knowledge never did, so presence of royal warrants is irrelevant to this discussion anyway, your best judgment notwithstanding.

As to the lack of size, I have no idea. But maybe you didn't look in the right place or maybe it wore off -- the shoes look well used.

Those are not Edward Green and they are not bespoke. I stand by that.

If you want me to keep my opinions to myself, maybe you should ignore my posts and not use them to search for deals that you can flip to sell on ebay.

Shit like this is why I don't like posting anymore, in this thread or any other.

A simple PM to express your thoughts would suffice. I have payed your opinions nothing but respect until now. I am well aware of your knowledge although sometimes faulty and often over-opinionated.

As for bespoke, I do not know- hence the question mark. They do not put their royal warrants on everything they make! As for the maker, Grenson, Cheaney, and EG have all made for E & R. They also have done bespoke. By process of elimination, I have concluded EG.

Don't give yourself too much credit, I can find stuff on my own, thanks. I thanked you for the briefcase which I bought for myself...not to "flip". Perhaps I shouldn't have thanked you. If I wanted to post a list like yours, I could no problem but unfortunately I don't have the time.

"Shit like this is why I don't like posting anymore, in this thread or any other." Good riddance.
post #14826 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
I'm not the one selling them as something they're not. When someone on ebay sells something as something it isn't, I call it out. I didn't report you to ebay for this, which I could have -- and which would have been an extreme measure. It's not public, though -- would you rather I have done that and kept my opinion to myself? I suggested my correction on this forum, which is only fair as you frequent this forum, at least in part in order to raise interest in the stuff you are selling on ebay. If you are wrongly representing something you are selling, members of this forum who might have been induced to purchase it ought to know.

Ede & Ravenscroft have the quadruple warrants as robe makers to the royal family. Nothing to do with shoes. I have an E&R shirt, it has all four royal warrants on the label too. Doesn't mean it was made bespoke. It wasn't. Edward Green doesn't have a royal warrant and to my knowledge never did, so presence of royal warrants is irrelevant to this discussion anyway, your best judgment notwithstanding.

As to the lack of size, I have no idea. But maybe you didn't look in the right place or maybe it wore off -- the shoes look well used.

Those are not Edward Green and they are not bespoke. I stand by that.

If you want me to keep my opinions to myself, maybe you should ignore my posts and not use them to search for deals that you can flip to sell on ebay.

Shit like this is why I don't like posting anymore, in this thread or any other.

Your eBay links are very valuable,I scored a very nice new bridle briefcase,although it took more than two months to receive them. Please keep doing the good work,I am sure there are a lot of people who look forward to your post in this thread.
post #14827 of 14986
I bought a boat load of the ettinger stuff, thank you for the head's up. rjman, I value your posts here and appreciate the amount of time it takes to separate the wheat from the chaff. I hope you will continue to post these lists.
post #14828 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
A simple PM to express your thoughts would suffice. I have payed your opinions nothing but respect until now. I am well aware of your knowledge although sometimes faulty and often over-opinionated.

As for bespoke, I do not know- hence the question mark. They do not put their royal warrants on everything they make! As for the maker, Grenson, Cheaney, and EG have all made for E & R. They also have done bespoke. By process of elimination, I have concluded EG.

Don't give yourself too much credit, I can find stuff on my own, thanks. I thanked you for the briefcase which I bought for myself...not to "flip". Perhaps I shouldn't have thanked you. If I wanted to post a list like yours, I could no problem but unfortunately I don't have the time.

"Shit like this is why I don't like posting anymore, in this thread or any other." Good riddance.

For you, perhaps. But just ask any other person...


People on here, particular in this thread, question the origin of items all the time. There's an element of faith in your conclusion("I do not know - hence the question mark"), so it's only fair if someone challenge it. Grow some balls already.
post #14829 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
A simple PM to express your thoughts would suffice.
Quoted for irony and pathetic petulance.
post #14830 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
A simple PM to express your thoughts would suffice. I have payed your opinions nothing but respect until now. I am well aware of your knowledge although sometimes faulty and often over-opinionated.

As for bespoke, I do not know- hence the question mark. They do not put their royal warrants on everything they make! As for the maker, Grenson, Cheaney, and EG have all made for E & R. They also have done bespoke. By process of elimination, I have concluded EG.

Don't give yourself too much credit, I can find stuff on my own, thanks. I thanked you for the briefcase which I bought for myself...not to "flip". Perhaps I shouldn't have thanked you. If I wanted to post a list like yours, I could no problem but unfortunately I don't have the time.

"Shit like this is why I don't like posting anymore, in this thread or any other." Good riddance.

Look at my friend distinctive misrepresenting the nature of an item again.


Now, truth be told, it appears most people are satisfied with their transactions with Mr "Immabeatfuumaup" so he's probably a pretty good seller. Not being frothing at the mouth or anything I can recognize that so the comment that follows is not a cheap shot directed at him but a generic comment that I've made before anyway. I feel that when flippers and other merchants enter this community they should stay the fuck away from the threads where we share good deals. It's about a community of consumers trying to get the best deals, not a bunch of resellers making yet another buck on the back of the community. When you go to a physical store and re-sell in here you're bringing value, when you snipe ebay auctions you're a net negative.
post #14831 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
For you, perhaps. But just ask any other person...

People on here, particular in this thread, question the origin of items all the time. There's an element of faith in your conclusion("I do not know - hence the question mark"), so it's only fair if someone challenge it. Grow some balls already.

The question mark is for the bespoke part of the equation...challenge all you want but do it with respect as I have shown. My balls are plenty big, thanks for inquiring though. I'll show 'em to you if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
Quoted for irony and pathetic petulance.

Can you explain your unfounded insults with some evidence?

I'm not here to pick an argument with RJ or any of you coat tailing chums, as a matter of fact, I usually enjoy his posts (in this thread). I'm defending my opinions. A word of advice or "challenge" is always welcome. Just do it with some respect.
post #14832 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Look at my friend distinctive misrepresenting the nature of an item again. Now, truth be told, it appears most people are satisfied with their transactions with Mr "Immabeatfuumaup" so he's probably a pretty good seller. Not being frothing at the mouth or anything I can recognize that so the comment that follows is not a cheap shot directed at him but a generic comment that I've made before anyway. I feel that when flippers and other merchants enter this community they should stay the fuck away from the threads where we share good deals. It's about a community of consumers trying to get the best deals, not a bunch of resellers making yet another buck on the back of the community. When you go to a physical store and re-sell in here you're bringing value, when you snipe ebay auctions you're a net negative.
Ironic that you would say that. Prove that I am misrepresenting the item...all you have to go upon was RJ's opinion. His is more valuable in your head because you and I don't get along, simply do to your error. All that was in the past until you opened your mouth again.
post #14833 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
Ironic that you would say that. Prove that I am misrepresenting the item...all you have to go upon was RJ's opinion. His is more valuable in your head because you and I don't get along, simply do to your error. All that was in the past until you opened your mouth again.

PS, many things that RJ finds, I already have found, some not. Either way, however I get my items (of the 1/2 of a % I find on ebay and here) is no matter and I don't re-sell them here. Get your facts straight.
post #14834 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
The question mark is for the bespoke part of the equation...challenge all you want but do it with respect as I have shown. My balls are plenty big, thanks for inquiring though. I'll show 'em to you if you like.

Can you explain your unfounded insults with some evidence?

One doesn't need lawyerdad's intelligence to find plenty of evidences in your own posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
Why do you feel the need to call me out in public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
A simple PM to express your thoughts would suffice. I have payed your opinions nothing but respect until now. I am well aware of your knowledge although sometimes faulty and often over-opinionated.

...

Don't give yourself too much credit, I can find stuff on my own, thanks. I thanked you for the briefcase which I bought for myself...not to "flip". Perhaps I shouldn't have thanked you. If I wanted to post a list like yours, I could no problem but unfortunately I don't have the time.

"Shit like this is why I don't like posting anymore, in this thread or any other." Good riddance.

Sweeping shit under the rug is about as far as it gets from the spirit of this thread and this forum.
post #14835 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
Ironic that you would say that. Prove that I am misrepresenting the item...all you have to go upon was RJ's opinion. His is more valuable in your head because you and I don't get along, simply do to your error. All that was in the past until you opened your mouth again.
RJ simply has a wealth of knowledge that very few have access to including you. I'd trust him on these matters, plain and simple. He also doesn't have a specific motive to hype the shoes. My comments was more about the re-selling anyway and, as I said, I don't want to target you specifically regarding that. I don't follow these things enough and I don't assume you're one of the greatest offenders. I hardly buy any of the goods discussed on styleforum so it's more about the generic principle than a specific situation. ps: you're still a rude cunt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata