or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 979  

post #14671 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Great deal. Wish he had some 10.5's available ...

My bad.

Though the suede monks look great as well.
post #14672 of 14986
What did I get here? C&J handgrade equivalent? The 240 mark inside leads me to believe that this is a C&J 240 last. Then again, it is almost identical to a pair of AS I own ... any experts care to chime in?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220523021831
post #14673 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
What did I get here? C&J handgrade equivalent? The 240 mark inside leads me to believe that this is a C&J 240 last. Then again, it is almost identical to a pair of AS I own ... any experts care to chime in?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220523021831

I've got the same shoe. Definitely CJ on the 240 Last. Not handgrade, but benchgrade quality (though it does feature the channeled sole).

Great monk, though for some it may be a tad blobby.
post #14674 of 14986
This seller has 4 pairs of Cleverly's starting at $19.99 each? The last shapes aren't really to my taste, but still that's an absurd price even considering they're used. All in US 10 btw.

http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Mens-S...=p3286.c0.m282
post #14675 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazad View Post
This seller has 4 pairs of Cleverly's starting at $19.99 each? The last shapes aren't really to my taste, but still that's an absurd price even considering they're used. All in US 10 btw.

http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Mens-S...=p3286.c0.m282

Aaaagh - they don't ship overseas!

If sometimes wants to buy one, or both of these pairs on my behalf and then ship them to Australia for me, I'd be forever grateful!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GJ-Cleverly-Adel...item45efc34de2

http://cgi.ebay.com/GJ-Cleverly-Besp...item23044b5e8c
post #14676 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambparker View Post
Sorry to repeat myself, but I just got a pair of these in 10.5, and they're a steal at twice the price. Add in the 8% cashback right now, and you're talking just north of $200 for a really superb pair of suede wingtips.

Ron still has a 9 US and 10 US available.

The 40 last fits TTS. I'm a solid 10.5D, maybe a bit on the small side, and this fits perfectly.

Well then, send me your 10.5's.
post #14677 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken View Post
I've got the same shoe. Definitely CJ on the 240 Last. Not handgrade, but benchgrade quality (though it does feature the channeled sole).

Great monk, though for some it may be a tad blobby.

Are you sure about the benchgrade? I thought the hand written markings meant handgrade? Also, I am guessing it is the same shoes as this? I like the shape, while it may be blobby, it's the first C&J that actually fits me.
post #14678 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Are you sure about the benchgrade? I thought the hand written markings meant handgrade? Also, I am guessing it is the same shoes as this? I like the shape, while it may be blobby, it's the first C&J that actually fits me.

I own a pair. Benchgrade... & not on the same last that you linked to.
post #14679 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
I own a pair. Benchgrade... & not on the same last that you linked to.

Thanks. For my education - how do you tell benchgrade from handgrade in this case? Or in the case of Redways (RL) that we saw on eBay recently?
post #14680 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Thanks. For my education - how do you tell benchgrade from handgrade in this case? Or in the case of Redways (RL) that we saw on eBay recently?
None of the BB Peals are handgrade. Not for $400 (often $250 or less on sale). And, I own a pair. I can tell from the leather.
post #14681 of 14986
post #14682 of 14986
Some longwings by Florsheim that looks shell cordovan to me. buy it now @$29.99
post #14683 of 14986
Those look like the corrected grain model
post #14684 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidawg View Post
Those look like the corrected grain model

They are CG. Gone now. Looks like someone got had.
post #14685 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemex View Post
Some longwings by Florsheim that looks shell cordovan to me. buy it now @$29.99

I think somebody could be pissed off about relying on you when they find out that those are $100 retail shiny corrected grain shoes....

And since it looks like the seller never wrote the words "shell cordovan"' in the auction, that's not a ground for a return

That being said, $30 is a great price for corrected grain shoes, if you like that sort of thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata