or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 866  

post #12976 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40kaas-nl View Post

I've been watching that one since it was listed. It's gone through the roof. IIRC, it was listed previously and didn't make its reserve.

It's at $1,800 now and the reserve still isn't met. I wonder how much they want for it. That's quite a bit for a used bag.
post #12977 of 14986
That shoe is not a Masterpiece, but appears to have at least one Masterpiece feature--the closed-channel sole. So it could be equivalent to a Masterpiece--perhaps the predecessor of the M, as Skalogre suggests. The 9.5 G size would, I believe correspond (a) in length to a large 10 US or small 10.5--really a 10.25--and (b) in width close to an EE in the North American system. Wrt the latter, some might say somewhere between an E and an EE--in any case, wide.
post #12978 of 14986
post #12979 of 14986
post #12980 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I've been watching that one since it was listed. It's gone through the roof. IIRC, it was listed previously and didn't make its reserve.

It's at $1,800 now and the reserve still isn't met. I wonder how much they want for it. That's quite a bit for a used bag.
Did you notice (or get) the (now gone) gladstone by Tanner Krolle?
post #12981 of 14986
this is some serious patina on a Filson 256. It looks like it has been re-waxed many times.

post #12982 of 14986
post #12983 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloj View Post
Did you notice (or get) the (now gone) gladstone by Tanner Krolle?

I saw it, but didn't go for it. Have my eye on another leather bag at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai View Post
who is the maker?

I have those. Whoever made 'em also made for Facconable, because my pair has the incorrect sole. When we last discussed this, the thought was either Alden, who has made for both, or maybe AE. They look more Alden to me, and fit me better than my AEs.
post #12984 of 14986
Some Alden cap toes, size 8D:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

5+ days to go, but starting bids are low...
post #12985 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40kaas-nl View Post

Let's face it. The SAB London Tan bridle is prone to scratch. You couldn't carry the bag onto a plane. Are you really going to check it through with the airline? Might as well throw it under a moving car. These pieces seem designed for the age of porters and pullman cars.
post #12986 of 14986
the SAB is basically for car travel and carry on in this day and age. If you were actually planning to use the bag, the price is not bad.

Cole Haan England black captoes, perfectly new. If these were my size I would go for it. Probably Cheaney made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140305851959
post #12987 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
the SAB is basically for car travel and carry on in this day and age. If you were actually planning to use the bag, the price is not bad.

Cole Haan England black captoes, perfectly new. If these were my size I would go for it. Probably Cheaney made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140305851959

They sure are!

It is a good price for quality shoes on a nice last.
post #12988 of 14986
Tods shell monk straps, listed as women's shoes - are they? $19.99 BIN!
post #12989 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT View Post
Let's face it. The SAB London Tan bridle is prone to scratch. You couldn't carry the bag onto a plane. Are you really going to check it through with the airline? Might as well throw it under a moving car. These pieces seem designed for the age of porters and pullman cars.
Maybe this is a dumb question but how do you think these modern SAB bags will age? I look at vintage british leather goods from the 20's on ebay and sometimes the patina is stunning. I've seen SAB bags that were a few years old and I was underwhelmed. They didn't look like they were on the path to a dark chestnut patina. I guess I just don't see this turning into this
post #12990 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Tods shell monk straps, listed as women's shoes - are they? $19.99 BIN!

Has Tods made shell cordovan shoes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata