or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 813  

post #12181 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Mine too. Just wasn't sure whether those are really Barneys shoes. price tag looks like it. But they don't say Barney's inside.

Barneys stamps only appear on Benchgrade, all Handgrade shoes have no Barneys stamp. I am positive that's a Barneys price sticker on the shoe box panel shot.
post #12182 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
Barneys stamps only appear on Benchgrade, all Handgrade shoes have no Barneys stamp. I am positive that's a Barneys price sticker on the shoe box panel shot.

Thanks. You're really, um, helping here, VR.
post #12183 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
Barneys stamps only appear on Benchgrade, all Handgrade shoes have no Barneys stamp. I am positive that's a Barneys price sticker on the shoe box panel shot.

I recently sold a pair of handgrades that had a Barney's sticker.
post #12184 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Thanks. You're really, um, helping here, VR.

Since they're OOP, and for $250+shipping, you should definitely go for them. You are not getting a pair anywhere without going MTM with the ridiculous C&J upcharge. I am sure the Shoe Fairy would endorse this message.
post #12185 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
Since they're OOP, and for $250+shipping, you should definitely go for them. You are not getting a pair anywhere without going MTM with the ridiculous C&J upcharge. I am sure the Shoe Fairy would endorse this message.

But would my wife? I've bought two pairs in the last week. Of course, the ones I grabbed from Brooks Brothers could always be returned...

I don't need them, I don't need them...

<goes to look at auction again>
post #12186 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
But would my wife? I've bought two pairs in the last week. Of course, the ones I grabbed from Brooks Brothers could always be returned...

I don't need them, I don't need them...

<goes to look at auction again>

There's always another BB sale, but it's not likely you'll find another pair of OOP Balmuir your size in a SF-approved color at a price this good.
post #12187 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
There's always another BB sale, but it's not likely you'll find another pair of OOP Balmuir your size in a SF-approved color at a price this good.

True, but there's some sort of spot or stain on the toe of one of the shoes. I can't have that.
post #12188 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
I am sure the Shoe Fairy would endorse this message.

This is a no-brainer Grim. These are impossible to come by and a hell of a deal.

You'll be sorry if you don't.
post #12189 of 14986
NIB Tod's chukka "desert" boots size 9 ending soon and still at a low price of $53.00:

post #12190 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
This is a no-brainer Grim. These are impossible to come by and a hell of a deal.

You'll be sorry if you don't.

We all know how this story will end:

........
post #12191 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
Do these get a too?


What's the iGent consensus on black wingtips? Does the formality of the color clash with the insouciance of the brougueing? I've been thinking of grabbing a pair as I don't own a pair of black bals, but I thought maybe I'd regret not getting pair of plain punch caps instead.
post #12192 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
What's the iGent consensus on black wingtips? Does the formality of the color clash with the insouciance of the brougueing? I've been thinking of grabbing a pair as I don't own a pair of black bals, but I thought maybe I'd regret not getting pair of plain punch caps instead.

Yes, they break the "rules." I have one pair though and it's one of my favorite pairs of shoes.
post #12193 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Not. Gonna. Do it....

I don't know man, those would look really nice with a new tan Isaia suit - if a fellow were to have such a thing.
post #12194 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack View Post
I don't know man, those would look really nice with a new tan Isaia suit - if a fellow were to have such a thing.



Have you been looking in my closet?
post #12195 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post


Have you been looking in my closet?

Huggy Bear told me. He knows a guy who knows a guy who told him that the word on the street is...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata