or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 807  

post #12091 of 14986
LK special, Valextra walrus bags on eBay
post #12092 of 14986
AE Shell Cordovan - Sz 7E - $80 BIN
post #12093 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
Amazing NOS burgundy calfskin Nettleton longwings size 12D:

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-NETTLETO...ayphotohosting

Paging grimslade...


Sweet. But aside from having caved yesterday, these are too rich for my blood. And seeing them makes me sad because they remind of the Florsheim Imperial NOS cordovan longwings I won from ebay that got lost in the mail.
post #12094 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
aside from having caved yesterday

Again?!?! What did you get this time? Btw, every time I feel remotely guilty about getting another pair of shoes, I just check your sig and feel better knowing your counter gets reset quite often!
post #12095 of 14986
post #12096 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Sweet. But aside from having caved yesterday, these are too rich for my blood. And seeing them makes me sad because they remind of the Florsheim Imperial NOS cordovan longwings I won from ebay that got lost in the mail.

I've sold some of these, NOS like the pair offered here, and I like them at least as much as the vintage Florsheims. You should buy them, they're made right up here in Syracuse!!
post #12097 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
Again?!?! What did you get this time? Btw, every time I feel remotely guilty about getting another pair of shoes, I just check your sig and feel better knowing your counter gets reset quite often!
Cigar shell alden wing tip boots. My first aldens. picked them up from a member here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers View Post
I've sold some of these, NOS like the pair offered here, and I like them at least as much as the vintage Florsheims. You should buy them, they're made right up here in Syracuse!!

I'm sure they are. But having failed with the last pair, which were cheaper, I have somewhat resgned myself to the fact that someone out there doesn't want me buying nos shell wingtips. I can't take more disappointment.

Well, for half the price, I probably could...
post #12098 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
...I have somewhat resgned myself to the fact that someone out there doesn't want me buying nos shell wingtips.

Well, for half the price, I probably could...

Well these should be good luck then...they're calf!

Which, I think, makes them a bit overpriced.
post #12099 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
Well these should be good luck then...they're calf!

Which, I think, makes them a bit overpriced.

Sure don't look like it, what makes you say that?
post #12100 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
Well these should be good luck then...they're calf!

Which, I think, makes them a bit overpriced.

I haven't looked closely, but that would make them _very_ overpriced, IMO.

EDIT: OTOH, 25% off makes them 230 or so, which is a little better. And the two-piece tongue is one of the factors that suggests shell to me. But Tony, I'm curious to hear why you say they're calf.
post #12101 of 14986
The seller is a member here. I believe he knows his shoes, and nowhere does he claim they are cordovan. In fact, whoever posted them originally called them calf.
post #12102 of 14986
^^ IIRC, I posted the original auction link for those shoes which closed at ~$100.

Considering what some Germans et al. pay for used/new vintage longwings, the asking price is not too out of line IMO, though I would never pay it myself.
post #12103 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

He having trouble selling them. At least the 3rd listing for these at that price. I'm watching these and another pair he has, hoping for price reductions. He need to lower the BIN price and then I can use cashback
post #12104 of 14986
Some cheap monks (and one that could go for cheap) that I found while searching the bay. Maybe worth a look (or a shot)

50s Vintage WEYENBERG Wing-Tip MONK LOAFERS Shoes 8.5 D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400010423813


SAMUEL WINDSOR HAND MADE MONK STRAP SHOES SIZE 8
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140284031435

mens shoes brown Bostonian 10 M monk strap loafer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220315284657

Set your snipes!
Men's SANTONI 'Jadwin' Monk Strap Dress Shoes 10.5 D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320320287203
post #12105 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Sweet. But aside from having caved yesterday, these are too rich for my blood. And seeing them makes me sad because they remind of the Florsheim Imperial NOS cordovan longwings I won from ebay that got lost in the mail.

They may be shell cordovan. Take a close look at the eyelet punching. I own a pair of NOS Nettleton saddle shoes in shell cordovan and they're great shoes, but run 1/4 to 1/2 size large, IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata