or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Page 75  

post #1111 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik


Was hoping these would miss this thread Oh well I will be bidding regardless.
post #1112 of 14986
If they're anything like the chelsea boots I got from the first Bennie's sale, they're quite nice. I wear mine all the time and get tons of compliments on them. I can't quite tell the last shape because of the lack of pictures, but mine are noticeably more refined than Loakes or AE Sargents.
post #1113 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Definitely legit! Gorgeous shoes but what's with the Ad's design? Looks like it was done by a blind person. A nicely designed ad would probably fetch a higher price.


It certainly does look nice, and with free shipping it looks tempting. However it will be by most expensive shoes so far, by many multiples....so others feel that Kiton 'Kiton' are better quality?
post #1114 of 14986
I have found these, what a steal, and also trees are avaliable,

http://search.ebay.co.uk/wildsmith_W...MEFSRCHQ3aSRCH
post #1115 of 14986
These Kiton boots are phenomenal
post #1116 of 14986
Interestingly enough, these Kiton boots are not $800 better than my Polo/C&J Chukkas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEN-KITON-BO...QQcmdZViewItem
post #1117 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Interestingly enough, these Kiton boots are not $800 better than my Polo/C&J Chukkas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEN-KITON-BO...QQcmdZViewItem

I agree - no more than $750 better
post #1118 of 14986
The finish on those Kiton boots looks almost exactly like the homemade antiquing I did on a pair of Grenson masterpiece chelseas. Personally, I think the finish a little over done, but the last shape is perfect.
post #1119 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsmith
I have found these, what a steal, and also trees are avaliable,

http://search.ebay.co.uk/wildsmith_W...MEFSRCHQ3aSRCH

Yes, I agree these would be a steal. Certainly the shoe trees too. Too bad I'm not a size 8.

Is your screen name and the Shoe's name(which I'm not familiar with) just a coincidence?

Finally, if you intend to bid, why would you post this auction prior to it's close? Maybe I'm a greedy pig. But if I see something that I love on Ebay, and that I'm about to bid on. I wait till the end of the auction to post it. Hopefully, so that I'm the winner and then I can post photos of my great Ebay find!
post #1120 of 14986
Alright, which one of you jokers is trying to double his money by selling Tyrwhitt shoes he got for $85 during the recent sale?


http://cgi.ebay.com/300-MENS-UK-CHAR...QQcmdZViewItem
post #1121 of 14986
Nice Zegna Napoli Couture loafers size 12.5. Not the best price but nice shoes nonetheless.

http://cgi.ebay.com/640-NEW-Ermenegi...QQcmdZViewItem
post #1122 of 14986
Polo.com has added/readded a number of shoes on sale.

Both the PL and the C&Js. PL has back the MacKay, the Addison, and the Camden as well as a driving shoe.

Several other shoes are back on sale.

Perry
post #1123 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
Polo.com has added/readded a number of shoes on sale.

Both the PL and the C&Js. PL has back the MacKay, the Addison, and the Camden as well as a driving shoe.

Several other shoes are back on sale.

Perry

Shucks, but not in size 10
post #1124 of 14986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Is your screen name and the Shoe's name(which I'm not familiar with) just a coincidence?

Finally, if you intend to bid, why would you post this auction prior to it's close? Maybe I'm a greedy pig. But if I see something that I love on Ebay, and that I'm about to bid on. I wait till the end of the auction to post it. Hopefully, so that I'm the winner and then I can post photos of my great Ebay find!
Wildsmith, formerly of the Prince's Arcade off Jermyn Street, was a hallowed bootmakers which in recent times was reduced to selling just RTW and stock special rebranded Green and C&J. The poster of that name is purportedly the grandson of the current proprietor, who has closed his shop and now only sells his shoes on Hilditch & Key's US bespoke visits.
post #1125 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Yes, I agree these would be a steal. Certainly the shoe trees too. Too bad I'm not a size 8.

Is your screen name and the Shoe's name(which I'm not familiar with) just a coincidence?

Finally, if you intend to bid, why would you post this auction prior to it's close? Maybe I'm a greedy pig. But if I see something that I love on Ebay, and that I'm about to bid on. I wait till the end of the auction to post it. Hopefully, so that I'm the winner and then I can post photos of my great Ebay find!
Yes you do make the correct assumption, the name is linked. However i dont intend on bidding for the shoes. I'v showed my dad them and he seems to think that they are c&j with the wildsmith sock inside them, as the stiching on the toe cap isnt a wildsmith 'mark'. There probably the result of outgrowing or its a widow selling them, thats often the case with indipendant sellers on ebay. The trees are ok, there are hundreds in my garage, of better quality that i can see. the shoes on ebay do not state what width they are.

Wildsmith

p.s no offece RJMAN, but i believe that post was directed at me. and he doesnt only sell his shoes on the bespoke visits. Customers of old still place orders with him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata