or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6647

post #99691 of 121327

Just quickly,  Can all the non-Americans post a fit for this weeks challenge???   Let's win this thing. :cheers: 

 

Edit: Me: entering for Japan.

@HansderHund

@OliT

And all the Canucks, Brits, and foreign lurkers.   Get in on the fun.

And you 'Muricans... Bring it. :stirpot:

post #99692 of 121327
@ChetB, dammit ChetB. I've been watching that one for a while. They still have it in my size. It's just my account that's the issue here.
post #99693 of 121327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubs View Post

Thrift fit

 
Camp7 Vest- Thanks to TXWoodworker
Brooklyn Taylors- Thanks to SilverwareBandit

Eddie Bauer belt thrift. (I wish the buckle was silver but love this belt)
RL Denim Supply.- Thanks to 1ofthecoolkids
Timberland- DSW

For dummies library is a joke, but thrifted. I thought it would be funny to have a whole library of these, but after moving once gave up on the idea. I find humor in stacking the Sex and Ferrets book next to each other.


  


Dog is looking absolutely fabulous in a women's Pendleton High Grade Western wear jacket that I turned into a dog sweater.  The jacket wasn't in the best of shaped, with a lot of warping around the zipper and a stretched out waist band, so I decided not to sell it.


Dog is max cute!!!!
Luv the doggy wear!
And great fit for u 2!
post #99694 of 121327
Got the Buzz Rickson army coat a couple of minutes ago.
It's a beast. Fit is a tiny bit on the snug side, but I am a couple of pounds above where I want to be, so I think it'll work out with some workout. Can really recommend the brand though, if all their stuff is this quality.
post #99695 of 121327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post


Alden for BB shells, e-thrifted. Cost me $39.99 after seller gave me a partial refund because she messed up the shipping.

BAA58A26-BC93-40F0-B3A3-65DC4B88B395.jpg

 

 

Digital artwork courtesy of Jebarne


Edited by capnwes - 3/20/14 at 6:27am
post #99696 of 121327
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliT View Post

Got the Buzz Rickson army coat a couple of minutes ago.
It's a beast. Fit is a tiny bit on the snug side, but I am a couple of pounds above where I want to be, so I think it'll work out with some workout. Can really recommend the brand though, if all their stuff is this quality.


Their stuff is almost all amazing quality.    jackets sell in "Thrifts" here for over $300.

post #99697 of 121327
post #99698 of 121327
.
Edited by IndianBoyz - 3/20/14 at 6:44am
post #99699 of 121327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post

THRIFT FIT:





Actually ... I'm pretty sure the blanket and everything else in this hospital room is full retail.

Congrats dude! What a cutie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post

Extra 50% off outerwear at Barney's Warehouse right now. Got this Engineered Garments x Faribault Woolen Mill "Salmon People" coat for a steal.


IndigoSalmonPeople.jpg
 

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubs View Post

Thrift fit

 
Camp7 Vest- Thanks to TXWoodworker
Brooklyn Taylors- Thanks to SilverwareBandit

Eddie Bauer belt thrift. (I wish the buckle was silver but love this belt)
RL Denim Supply.- Thanks to 1ofthecoolkids
Timberland- DSW

For dummies library is a joke, but thrifted. I thought it would be funny to have a whole library of these, but after moving once gave up on the idea. I find humor in stacking the Sex and Ferrets book next to each other.


  


Dog is looking absolutely fabulous in a women's Pendleton High Grade Western wear jacket that I turned into a dog sweater.  The jacket wasn't in the best of shaped, with a lot of warping around the zipper and a stretched out waist band, so I decided not to sell it.


Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post




Digital artwork courtesy of Jebarne

Awesome
post #99700 of 121327
Wait, Wes, what happened to the seal I quoted? I like that one better, though the horse rump one is good too.
post #99701 of 121327
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Wait, Wes, what happened to the seal I quoted? I like that one better, though the horse rump one is good too.

You are slow. I removed that one for editing and animation like 20 minutes ago.

 


Edited by capnwes - 3/20/14 at 6:32am
post #99702 of 121327
Sometimes......slow is better. mwink[1].gif
post #99703 of 121327
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post

Church's ?
Definite possibility, but I'm not sure. Could also be Grenson Masterpiece, based on what I've seen in the nail pattern thread. Will post picks soon, as I'm not good shoe identification yet.
post #99704 of 121327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

Pro tip for people looking to trade with others here on SF. If you PM with interest, and that person gives you a size of the item you're interested in, don't keep pretending you're interested if it's not your size! I don't need whatever you're trying to sell!

 

Sorry if this was me!

 

(I said nvm after one message though! I'm still tempted to trade you though, but it would suck if they just don't fit.)

post #99705 of 121327

Thanks for the honesty guys, lol, I knew I'd get it!

 

I was in the dark about the shirt but the givenchy will most likely end up as a gift to my boss who's negotiating to purchase an industrial complex/business that looks much like the design on the tie.

 

For where I live (the land of a thousand cornbreads), this is the good stuff.

Thankfully, I have a small network of people from texas to florida who buy from me and believe it or not, the two jackets are already spoken for!  The young cats who are into the grotesque modern knots and unforgivable trends actually have money, so, I sell to them too. Most of the time, I buy with them in mind. Hitting 10x the cost isn't hard because the prices are still low here, so, I don't find a lot of Mona Lisa's, just stuff that makes them happy.

 

I've recently decided to broaden my search area, so that may help. These sales just aren't enough and I'm not upgrading my closet as fast as I'd like.

 

I envy you guys that come across stuff I wish I could see almost every time you go out.

I've come to the conclusion that some of y'all clandestinely visit the homes of folks after they leave the various stores and boutiques and pull stuff out of their closets, hehe. [coughCAPNWEScough]

 

Seriously, I've grown weary of just reading and thumbs-upping millions of posts and feel like I need to start contributing something, anything here. If I didn't start with one shopping trip, bragworthy or not, I'd never post anything and would then continue with the lurk guilt.

 

If I ever post anything here,it's available unless it fits me and I can't let it go. I'd rather build friendships than take the instant cash route.

 

I may not be able to post kiton's and stuff hand made by queen elizabeth every week but I'm here to help out any way possible.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread