or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6589

post #98821 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

I thrifted a pair of Uniqlos(not selvedge) a month or so ago for myself in my usual size. They were about 2" too big in the waist and were so tight in the thighs that I would not have gone out in public. And these were the regular fit, not the slim.

 

Maybe they were girls jeans :p

post #98822 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

Maybe they were girls jeans :p

I can't say that I've never bought women's clothes thinking that they were men's, but I've never bought women's clothes for myself:D

post #98823 of 125239


Is this real guys? No actual tag, only this printed on and the made in France 972 so 100% soie
post #98824 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post

Nice camera. Even though 20 bucks is kinda steep, it's only a couple bucks more than I'm currently paying for single roll of film + development costs (no access to a dark room, currently). Sometimes I think that shooting on film is the stupidest hobby one can have. It's also fluctuates between being the the least/most rewarding activity in my life, which is likely the reason it keeps my interest.

you dont need a darkroom to process film (i'm assuming youre doing b&w?) just get a changing bag and load your reels in there, pop them into your developing canister and you're good. handloading bulk film can also be done in a bag and will also save you a bunch of money.
post #98825 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

I thrifted a pair of Uniqlos(not selvedge) a month or so ago for myself in my usual size. They were about 2" too big in the waist and were so tight in the thighs that I would not have gone out in public. And these were the regular fit, not the slim.

 

I tried on a pair of j crew jeans and realized that they were women's when the pockets were tiny...

post #98826 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post


you dont need a darkroom to process film (i'm assuming youre doing b&w?) just get a changing bag and load your reels in there, pop them into your developing canister and you're good. handloading bulk film can also be done in a bag and will also save you a bunch of money.

 

 

This.

 

And you do realize you can get the same look with Photoshop, right? :hide:

post #98827 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post
Nice camera. Even though 20 bucks is kinda steep, it's only a couple bucks more than I'm currently paying for single roll of film + development costs (no access to a dark room, currently). Sometimes I think that shooting on film is the stupidest hobby one can have. It's also fluctuates between being the the least/most rewarding activity in my life, which is likely the reason it keeps my interest.

True that, to all of the above. God I can't believe how much film/money I shot/wasted back in the day. I must have 20+rolls and prints of the worst surf photography ever.

post #98828 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

I tried on a pair of j crew jeans and realized that they were women's when the pockets were tiny...


Laughing with you. (and at you)  :lol: 

post #98829 of 125239
Thanks everyone and congrats to all the other new dads and dads-to-be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

as thrifters, you have something fun to teach your kid on top of sports, reading etc... I play a game with my kids now (13 and 11 year old boys). I give them $10 each and tell them to go make their months allowance decisions.gif

The first time we played was last week and the 13 year old brought me a RLBL shirt in good condition and the 11 year old brought me two BB slim fit shirts (they both know to only pick up slim fit BB). I calculated the potential trade/sale value and gave them both $30 for the month lol8%5B1%5D.gif

This is awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Available, thought it was a good time for a reminder.

lol8[1].gif

But Spoo, the Thrift Thread Baby Boom seems to have already begun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Vintage Schott Perfecto double rider horsehide jacket, b&s

AppleMark

That jacket is one of my favorite outerwear pieces that I've seen on here. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



Found a 4 qt All-Clad stainless steel saute pan for $5.99 and a Bunn NHB coffee maker for $6.99 today.
post #98830 of 125239
Did someone say Barbour? Found this stowaway jacket a couple of weeks ago. It had something sticky all over it. I washed it this morning and it seems all good...

post #98831 of 125239

One for Spoo's Random thread member happenings.....


 

Warning: thrifted DIY inside... (Click to show)

I had a few beers, and decided to carpet the kitchen for Mrs 38R.  

the best part?    if it gets a stain, i can replace 1 tile!!!!  carpet squares bitches!!!!!!:bounce2:

hey, i'm in a good mood..........

post #98832 of 125239

Turnbull, hermes ( not sure if real), pal zileri


Alexander mcqueen

OH SHIT


Comme Des Garcons women's M blazer. Looks like a runway piece.
post #98833 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post

One for Spoo's Random thread member happenings.....


  Warning: thrifted DIY inside... (Click to show)
I had a few beers, and decided to carpet the kitchen for Mrs 38R.  


the best part?    if it gets a stain, i can replace 1 tile!!!!  carpet squares bitches!!!!!!bounce2.gif
hey, i'm in a good mood..........


That's a big kitchen for Japan! The kitchen at my aunt and uncle's place over there is tiny. I don't even think it can' be called a kitchen. More like a portable propane stove on the counter next to a sink with a microwave above it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post


OH SHIT


Comme Des Garcons women's M blazer. Looks like a runway piece.

That thing is crazy!
post #98834 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

It had something sticky all over it.

uhoh.gif



jk brah
post #98835 of 125239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post

uhoh.gif



jk brah

:thumbsup:

I think it was jam.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread